'Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby'

Jack Aubrey

OK, this looks funny. 'Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby' Edited by Jack Aubrey

Wow! A movie about my neck of the woods!

I can't watch the trailer though. comp26.gif

*Disclaimer: I have never been to a NASCAR race in my life. laugh.gif

I saw this recently...I wasn't too impressed...i laughed a bit at first, but it was downhill from there...

Ah, well.

I liked Sacha Baron Cohen's role as the French driver. (He's the same guy that does Borat and Ali G.)

Otherwise, nothing special. It's not a comedy that I'm going to watch over and over again.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2007, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 10:26 PM)
I'm sure I'll watch this eventually as I think Will Ferrel is one of the funniest men alive, but it hasn't happened yet.

Wow. Unfortunately, Will Ferrell has NEVER made me laugh.

Did you ever see his cameo appearance in The Wedding Crashers? You can't tell me THAT didn't make you laugh? confused13.gif

I wasn't crazy about these movies as a whole, but Will Ferrell was very funny in them regardless: A Night at the Roxbury, Old School, Bewitched

He was hilarious in Austin Powers, Zoolander, Elf, Anchorman and a lot of SNL material.

Like pretty much any great comedian, he can't make a bad movie great, but he can make a bad movie better, and he can make a really well written comedy a classic. IMHO of course...

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2007, 11:30 AM)
I'm sure I'll watch this eventually as I think Will Ferrel is one of the funniest men alive, but it hasn't happened yet.

I thought he was pretty funny as Alex Trebek when he did those Celebrity Jeopardy skits on SNL, but I mostly watched those for Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery. Here's a good one.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 4 2007, 04:29 AM)

Did you ever see his cameo appearance in The Wedding Crashers? You can't tell me THAT didn't make you laugh? confused13.gif

I wasn't crazy about these movies as a whole, but Will Ferrell was very funny in them regardless: A Night at the Roxbury, Old School, Bewitched

He was hilarious in Austin Powers, Zoolander, Elf, Anchorman and a lot of SNL material.

Like pretty much any great comedian, he can't make a bad movie great, but he can make a bad movie better, and he can make a really well written comedy a classic. IMHO of course...

OF COURSE I can tell you that ANY movie didn't make me laugh if it actually DIDN'T make me laugh. See how that works? tongue.gif

I think it's just that 'genre' of humor I don't find funny. I never thought he was funny in SNL...especially the Night at the Roxbury character & that cheerleader skit he used to do. And I didn't like Austin Powers or Zoolander. I didn't want to watch any of his other stuff because anything I tried that he was involved with, I didn't like.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2007, 12:34 PM)

OF COURSE I can tell you that ANY movie didn't make me laugh if it actually DIDN'T make me laugh. See how that works? tongue.gif

I think it's just that 'genre' of humor I don't find funny. I never thought he was funny in SNL...especially the Night at the Roxbury character & that cheerleader skit he used to do. And I didn't like Austin Powers or Zoolander. I didn't want to watch any of his other stuff because anything I tried that he was involved with, I didn't like.

Well, you're wrong, and we'll just leave it at that. tongue.gif

Seriously though, I highly recommend Wedding Crashers. He only has a very small role, and it's mostly Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson, and it's a really hilarious movie.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 4 2007, 05:42 AM)

Seriously though, I highly recommend Wedding Crashers. He only has a very small role, and it's mostly Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson, and it's a really hilarious movie.

I'm so wrong I'm right.

I saw part of Wedding Crashers. It's the one where those 2 are trying to nail every one at weddings right? I didn't like it that much either. I still don't see why Owen Wilson is so popular and Vaughn only made me laugh in Swingers.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 03:42 PM)

When people watch The Wedding Crashers with Goobs, if they don't laugh after 5 minutes he ties them to a chair and puts a knife to their ear and sings:

"Well I don't know why you came here tonight

if you don't like this film you're not right

don't be scared cos you're tied to a chair

but you laugh or I make your left ear a pair

Ferrell to left of me, Ferrell to right of me

oh dear, here you are stuck in the middle with me..."

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2007, 12:58 PM)

I'm so wrong I'm right.

I saw part of Wedding Crashers. It's the one where those 2 are trying to nail every one at weddings right? I didn't like it that much either. I still don't see why Owen Wilson is so popular and Vaughn only made me laugh in Swingers.

*sigh* eh.gif

You're still wrong, but I love you anyway.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 4 2007, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 03:42 PM)

When people watch The Wedding Crashers with Goobs, if they don't laugh after 5 minutes he ties them to a chair and puts a knife to their ear and sings:

"Well I don't know why you came here tonight

if you don't like this film you're not right

don't be scared cos you're tied to a chair

but you laugh or I make your left ear a pair

Ferrell to left of me, Ferrell to right of me

oh dear, here you are stuck in the middle with me..."

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

That scene in Reservoir Dogs is funnier than anything Ferrell, Wilson, or Vaughn ever did.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 04:03 PM)

I'm so wrong I'm right.

*sigh* eh.gif

Goobs you can't make people laugh at what you laugh at just because you want them to, they can't help what they laugh at or don't laugh at. No need to be sad though, Ferrell makes you laugh so that's all that matters right?

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 3 2007, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 04:03 PM)

I'm so wrong I'm right.

*sigh* eh.gif

Goobs you can't make people laugh at what you laugh at just because you want them to, they can't help what they laugh at or don't laugh at. No need to be sad though, Ferrell makes you laugh so that's all that matters right?

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

wink.gif

Really, you're making a much bigger deal of this than necessary. It's not like I have a poster of Will Ferrell tacked up to the inside of my bedroom door. That spot is reserved for my David Hasselhoff poster. unsure.gif

well..

i saw the DVD @ BEst buy today...

so i bought it!!

can't wait to see it!

I just saw this movie for the first time a couple of days ago. There are some very funny parts (Tiny baby Jesus) but like most of these SNL cast movies, I was ready for it to be over far before it ended. I saw the extended version, which I think dragged it out more than necessary.

Worth seeing for sure if you're a Farrell fan.