Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jul 4 2011, 07:30 PM)
Here's a link to tonight's setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theate...y-53d36b01.html

Under a Glass Moon!!!! The Great Debate!!!! Tuscany!!!! Caught in a Web!!!! Learning to Live!!!!! Ytse f***ing JAM!!!!

Under a Glass Moon

These Walls

Forsaken

Endless Sacrifice

Drum Solo

The Ytse Jam

Peruvian Skies

The Great Debate

On the Backs of Angels

(First ever live performance)

Caught In A Web

Through My Words

Fatal Tragedy

The Count of Tuscany

Learning To Live

Good setlist.

Really ??? a Drum solo ? Another song is what they should have done. That solo proves one thing , Lang and Marco are much better players but MM has the "Rock Look"

No setlist changes for the 2nd show ?

Thanks Ducky. What i take out of that is............

JLB is one happy motherfuc*er that Portnoy is gone

Portnoy was the reason the set lists were completely different and JLB is glad they won't be anymore

J.M. is "Allowed" to write agian

JLB Still does not write

The only way Portnoy comes back is if the album/tour tank

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 12 2011, 08:38 AM)
Portnoy was the reason the set lists were completely different and JLB is glad they won't be anymore
JLB Still does not write

I don't see a Portnoy return.

More you read...more you realize this thing had layers and years of stuff that all came out suddenly. I'll miss the set changing...but I don't recall the last couple tours having all that much variety. If James wants a say in the set (which is what I think I see here) then why shouldn't he? I mean...if he spoke up before did Mike just ignore his suggestions? Looks like it.

I may have mentioned this before here or somewhere else, but I really figured if Mike or John left it was definitely over. I'm glad it's not...but I didn't think the others would continue. The video I've seen so far and the new tune lead me to believe this transition wasn't all that hard.

The new drummer is amazing. Drumming wise he brings a bolder dimension to DT.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jul 12 2011, 10:14 AM)
I don't see a Portnoy return.

If all goes well, No, Portnoy does not come back. This is the Music Biz and it's about making money. The album tanks, they have no record deal . The tour does not sell well , they play to half empty halls . Happens to a lot of bands , everyone is happy and in love until the checks stop . Then it's " We realized the band is the 5 of us", yada yada biggrin.gif . They are one of my fav bands with or without M.P. but i hope they stepped it up a bit on the new stuff and judging by the new song we heard , i think they went back to 1994

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 12 2011, 10:30 AM)
The new drummer is amazing. Drumming wise he brings a bolder dimension to DT.

He is. Shame, imo , they picked the guy with the right "Look" and not the best drummer . Pull up a youtube vid of Marco or Lang . They are monster players that i think run circles around Mangini but they don't look "Rock "enough for D.T.

JLB Still does not write

Can Labrie really write? I find it strange that he still won't write if he can.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 12 2011, 12:42 PM)
JLB Still does not write

He Says he does laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 12 2011, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 12 2011, 12:42 PM)
JLB Still does not write

He Says he does laugh.gif

Labrie appears to be the new leader of DT, I'm surprised John Petrucci hasn't had more to say...

I'm not surprised Myung hasn't been yelling his demands through a megaphone though... laugh.gif

Yeah...almost seems like JLB has been kept quiet for some time...and now he's asserting himself. Man...you can tell if it was off the record, he'd really start saying some stuff. He and Mike obviously were not loving each other.

I don't think that John is the type to get negative, and I also wonder if he and Mike were just closer than Mike and James and he doesn't want to be burning bridges. Myung we'll never know. But I'll guess this way...John and Mike had fewer issues than Mike and the others.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jul 12 2011, 10:49 PM)
Yeah...almost seems like JLB has been kept quiet for some time...and now he's asserting himself. Man...you can tell if it was off the record, he'd really start saying some stuff. He and Mike obviously were not loving each other.

I don't think that John is the type to get negative, and I also wonder if he and Mike were just closer than Mike and James and he doesn't want to be burning bridges. Myung we'll never know. But I'll guess this way...John and Mike had fewer issues than Mike and the others.

I got that vibe myself.. You may be on to something. confused13.gif

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jul 14 2011, 04:24 PM)
It says on the wikipedia page for the album that Breaking All Illusions is the Myung song.

If you read Treeduck's post about 12 posts above yours, you would have already known that yes.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 14 2011, 03:28 PM)
It says on the wikipedia page for the album that Breaking All Illusions is the Myung song.

If you read Treeduck's post about 12 posts above yours, you would have already known that yes.gif laugh.gif

Ah balls lol.. I even looked for it and didn't find it. Guess I better look harder next time haha..

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jul 14 2011, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 14 2011, 03:28 PM)

Ah balls lol.. I even looked for it and didn't find it. Guess I better look harder next time haha..

It's a long post laugh.gif

I don't blame you trink39.gif

They are getting Trivium to open the u.s. tour . Crap Nu -Metal.