Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

glad I'm not the only one who thinks train of thought is a pretty lame attempt at being BROOTAL. I do like that instrumental though

Man I HATE TOT. Trying to project an image they are clearly not. massive fail, IMO Great DVD from that tour though.

Mick

it makes me laugh when DT fans act like TOT is some super f***ing brutal album. I wish DT could find a way to be heavier without sounding so unconvincing or nu-metal. awake successfully pulled off a "darker" vibe, scenes and six degrees have some heavy songs that work. what were they trying to prove with train of thought???

• Like 1

glad I'm not the only one who thinks train of thought is a pretty lame attempt at being BROOTAL. I do like that instrumental though

Man I HATE TOT. Trying to project an image they are clearly not. massive fail, IMO Great DVD from that tour though.

Mick

it makes me laugh when DT fans act like TOT is some super f***ing brutal album. I wish DT could find a way to be heavier without sounding so unconvincing or nu-metal. awake successfully pulled off a "darker" vibe, scenes and six degrees have some heavy songs that work. what were they trying to prove with train of thought???

I can't even respect the attempt.....much as i'd like to say i do. And those nu Metal raps..........bite me, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

They were trying to make songs for the crowds to go crazy to, destination: Japan. And they accomplished that, yes, but it was at the cost of a studio album.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Mick

They were trying to make songs for the crowds to go crazy to, destination: Japan. And they accomplished that, yes, but it was at the cost of a studio album.

Hence why we got the awesome Budokan show. Much as i hate the album.......and hearing the songs live didn't help my view of it. the show still came off amazing. and the extented jams were great

Mick

• Like 1

James' vocals on the Budokan DVD was great but IMO isn't really the "best" since his vocal injury though...but that's because of the live DVD that came immediately after it in where he was on fire the whole night. Of course, I speak of Score. Edited by PolarizeMe

James' vocals on the Budokan DVD was great but IMO isn't really the "best" since his vocal injury though...but that's because of the live DVD that came immediately after it in where he was on fire the whole night. Of course, I speak of Score.

Score is AMAZING. I love hearing the whole Six Degrees Suite live.

Mick

And James developed a breathing in the mic thing as evidenced by this vid. Love the song but.........GOD JAMES!!!!!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLn3qGKT6U

Mick

I think that's just for this specific song, as it's a very soft acoustic ballad.

But,he could use this tip:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/I_move_away_from_the_mic_to_breathe_in.jpg

• Like 1

And James developed a breathing in the mic thing as evidenced by this vid. Love the song but.........GOD JAMES!!!!!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLn3qGKT6U

Mick

I think that's just for this specific song, as it's a very soft acoustic ballad.

But,he could use this tip:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/I_move_away_from_the_mic_to_breathe_in.jpg

:laughing guy:

You think as a singer he'd know that, lol

Mick

Chaos in Motion has one of the worst performances by James - Blind Faith. I think he was worse than that only on the Once in a Livetime CD.

It's pretty funny :LOL:

Panic Attack on CiM was also notoriously not a good performance by James IMO. A few lines of that performance are extremely nasally sounding even for him (it's like his nasal passages were swollen when he sang that whole song). "Owwwwwww wowwwwwwwwnd aaaaaaaahp! On deee edge! Tereeeeefied!" and "Eye am pareeeeeleeized!" especially sound off sounding.