Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 29 2008, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Sep 29 2008, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 29 2008, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 25 2008, 02:06 PM)
I like DT's last three albums, but they're just not up to par with their other stuff. All in all, they've gotten too heavy, too dark sounding; which there are still epic prog masterpieces intersperced within (Octavarium, The Ministry of Lost Souls, ect...), all in all the quality has gone down a bit.

Your entitled to your opinion. I totally dissagree with it.

DVD TOMORROW !!! 1022.gif

It's not opinion, it's FACT.

DTs creative juices are running low these days. It happens to all bands.

No my friend, its OPINION ! Plenty of diehard Dream Theater fans love the last few efforts. I think "Systematic Chaos" is a great record, and since im the one I like to please when I listen to music, thats all that matters.

No, it's all been downhill since Falling Into Infinity smile.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Sep 29 2008, 06:14 PM)
I like DT's last three albums, but they're just not up to par with their other stuff. All in all, they've gotten too heavy, too dark sounding; which there are still epic prog masterpieces intersperced within (Octavarium, The Ministry of Lost Souls, ect...), all in all the quality has gone down a bit.

No my friend, its OPINION ! Plenty of diehard Dream Theater fans love the last few efforts. I think "Systematic Chaos" is a great record, and since im the one I like to please when I listen to music, thats all that matters.

Wow ohmy.gif So what your saying is, there career masterpiece,"Scenes From a Memory" was part of there decline ? You can't honestly think Scenes did not totally kick the living shit out of "Falling into Infinity".

You won't find a single person who woul'd agree with you on that. no.gif

falling into infinity is the worst d.t. album .........imo, 1022.gif not that i don't like some songs but shit Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 29 2008, 05:53 PM)

Wow ohmy.gif So what your saying is, there career masterpiece,"Scenes From a Memory" was part of there decline ? You can't honestly think Scenes did not totally kick the living shit out of "Falling into Infinity".

Scenes from a Memory and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence are two of DT's three best albums. (Images and Words being the third, in no order)

But I would also say I like Falling Into Inifinity better than Systematic Chaos or Train of Though. If not for the way the record label messed it all up, Falling Into Inifinity could've been one of DT's best. (I'd highly reccomend the Falling Into Inifinity Demos which you can buy through ytsejamrecords.com, the demos are freaking awesome.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 29 2008, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 29 2008, 05:53 PM)

Scenes from a Memory and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence are two of DT's three best albums. (Images and Words being the third, in no order)

But I would also say I like Falling Into Inifinity better than Systematic Chaos or Train of Though. If not for the way the record label messed it all up, Falling Into Inifinity could've been one of DT's best. (I'd highly reccomend the Falling Into Inifinity Demos which you can buy through ytsejamrecords.com, the demos are freaking awesome.

I agree 100%, if you watched "The Score so far" from the Score DVD they told you as much.

They were pissed that the record company was trying to f**k with their music..........The said f**k it, and look what they put out as their first self-produced album.

Getting the f*ckers out of thier music was the best thing that happened to DT.

I think they've gotten even better, myself.

You know... all of your posts in this thread lately have been pointless bitching about the past 3 albums. You haven't added a new thought to that, just that their past three albums haven't been up to your standards. We get it. How about a new thought, or at least a constructive one?

QUOTE (Larks @ Sep 30 2008, 09:20 AM)
i hope their new album would be good.
because DT are dead now because of their last 3 albums

i wont even get it if its free..

to much songs from systematic crap chaos       

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 20 2008, 03:54 AM)
QUOTE (Larks @ Sep 19 2008, 05:16 PM)
please please oh please don't make the new album sound like train of tought\octavarium\systematic chaos

you can't be for real

im for real

im a big DT fan for many years.

but those 3 albums are are a disaster in my opinion.
they tried to be too much"heavy" and less progressive like Images&words,SFAM...

they have some heavy albums and songs that sounds great like 6DOIT but those 3 albums just doesnt sound like the DT that i love. it took me 3 listens to SC to threw it away..   

hope they will surprise me later

In my opinion SC is the worst DT album.. they just should not try to play this style of music.. there are some awesome and brilliant moments there.. but thats jsut not enough..

they played this style of aggresive metal on the album 6D0IT
and it was great and original.. but with Train of toughts and SC they just ruined it..

dont like the setlist.. too many songs from SC

one song from this album is more than enough IMO..

QUOTE (Larks @ Sep 30 2008, 11:20 AM)

Dead in who's eyes ? Yours ? confused13.gif They are far from dead my friend. They are having more success now then at any time in there career. If your going to continue to spout off your personal feelings redundantly, thats fine. Just know that your wrong when you say,"DT are dead" cause they are kicking ass and growing there fan base more every year. yes.gif

Just picked up my Copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was luck too, Best Buy only had 1 5 disc version, and I snagged it!!!!!!!!

I don't have time to watch it now, but I am uploading the CD's to iTunes as I type this post.

"Traveling through both Space and Time.........."

SPOILER REGARDING CHAOS IN MOTION DOCUMENTARY

i loved the part where all the crew members got a chance to speak. it was so great hearing them talk about how the gears behind Dream Theater grind. i wish the footage of the drum tech were clearer though! tongue.gif

i have only watched the documentary but it is killer . got it at best buy for $34.99

I picked up just the double DVD for $16.99 at Best Buy. They did not have the delux, and was not going to try and find it. The video quality and sound is not even close to "Score" but there are some great performances and I can't wait to watch the documentary.

*Warning*

During the breaks between permormances, there is footage of the band members speaking. Portnoy drops the F bomb frequently during this footage. Just something to keep in mind if there will be littles ears around while watching. My 8 year old daughter sat down to watch with me, and I had to fast forward past the parts of band members speaking cause Portnoy at one point said f**k about 5 or 6 times in 30 seconds.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 1 2008, 10:32 AM)

*Warning*
During the breaks between permormances, there is footage of the band members speaking. Portnoy drops the F bomb frequently during this footage. Just something to keep in mind if there will be littles ears around while watching. My 8 year old daughter sat down to watch with me, and I had to fast forward past the parts of band members speaking cause Portnoy at one point said f**k about 5 or 6 times in 30 seconds.

thanks bro. my son zakk is 2 and likes to say OH SHIT a lot biggrin.gif . we don't need FU*K as well

1022.gif

QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 2 2008, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (Larks @ Sep 30 2008, 04:20 PM)

i think Octavarium is their best album confused13.gif

I much prefer Octavarium over the studio albums that sandwich it. It is my favorite of the Rudess era stuff.