STOP what you're doing! Drop everything! Pete Pardo is going to tell you album that's changed his life!

treeduck

A guy who loves music and has a pretty decent YT channel with other guys who love the music that we do. I like Sea of Tranquility and think ol Pete delivers his thoughts without being obnoxious about it. Dude must have a crazy large cd collection. I like when he has Martin Popoff on, very informative. Odd thing with Popoff, we like a lot of the same bands but seemingly for very different reasons 

• Like 3

Pete is always interesting to listen to ...... some decent choices here.

But most of all .......... I really want that Blue Oyster Cult shirt!!!!!!

• Like 2

I've seen a couple of his YT videos.  He's fine, but predates my musical journey by a decade and while there's tons of overlap, we're not in step on half the picks.

I knew Pete way before 99 percent of the population knew who he was. He was one of the very first internet people I met in real life. He's very passionate about music and not many people are as hardcore as him. He actually introduced me to a bunch of music I didn't know before and if there's one thing he loves to do it's introducing people to new music. His main things are prog, fusion, metal and hard rock but there might be some other stuff he likes too.

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, stoopid said:

I've seen a couple of his YT videos.  He's fine, but predates my musical journey by a decade and while there's tons of overlap, we're not in step on half the picks.

I don't really know what you mean by that. Are you saying you like stuff that is a decade newer than what he likes? It is true he doesn't really seem to go past the 90s except with prog rock and metal. Or maybe you mean he's a lot older than you. Not sure.

I don't really watch him much anymore despite being sort of friends with him at one point. I mostly watch the Prog Corner with Scot Lade instead. If you are a prog fan he's worth checking out as well.

Edited by New_World_Man

19 hours ago, New_World_Man said:

I don't really know what you mean by that. Are you saying you like stuff that is a decade newer than what he likes? It is true he doesn't really seem to go past the 90s except with prog rock and metal. Or maybe you mean he's a lot older than you. Not sure.

I don't really watch him much anymore despite being sort of friends with him at one point. I mostly watch the Prog Corner with Scot Lade instead. If you are a prog fan he's worth checking out as well.

I think passion for 'metal' as he seems to appreciate it requires having been at least a teenager (or older) during the mid/late 1980s, when the pioneer metal artists were at their peak impact.  1970s rock is another area it was better appreciated by those alive at the time, not as much in hindsight.  Deep Purple, Boston, Meat Loaf, John McLaughlin... these are less relevant now to younger rock listeners.  Right or wrong, time impacts the relevancy of music on the next generations.  More younger people listen to Taylor Swift than the Beatles.  And not by a little, like twenty fold. 

My overlap with him is in prog metal, Dream Theater and Opeth.  I also know he's into SW and Porcupine Tree, as those are the artist videos I've seen of him in the past.  This gentleman was speaking of his influences, and mine would be different because I'm younger.  By no coincidence, Rick Beato is around his age and I also deviate with him on artists from the same eras (in particular, the 60s and 70s).  By deviate, I mean there's been a lot of music since the 1960s and 70s, and I'll also argue that several artists since have improved on the foundation the 60s and 70s rock artists created.  I'm into what's good to my ears, not nostalgia, which is the point of this video.  Beato at least seems to share my strong appreciation for much of the 90s rock scene.  My top 20 would include several grunge albums, not that anyone cares/is asking.  To that point, no one cares or was asking him either.  lol  It's that terminal uniqueness self importance social media perpetuates on full display here.  "I have a moderately small Youtube channel about music, I must tell the world my story".

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 2

Rick Beato is maybe a few years older than Pete but probably much closer in age to eachother than you are to Pete for sure. Anyway, thanks for explaining. So you were a teenager in the 90s or later? I was a teen in the 80s but was not much into what was popular at the time so I consider myself to be a bit of an outlier. I was mostly into prog rock and classic (ie 70s) rock.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:52 PM, stoopid said:

Edited by New_World_Man

"STOP what you're doing!"

" 'Cos I'm about to ruin,

the image & the sound you're used to!"

:D

Could not resist.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:49 PM, Jack Aubrey said:

"STOP what you're doing!"

" 'Cos I'm about to ruin,

the image & the sound you're used to!"

:D