Maine Mass-Murderer was found dead of apparent suicide.

Principled Man

LEWISTON, Maine (AP) — A man suspected of fatally shooting 18 people and wounding 13 in Maine has been found dead, authorities said Friday.

Robert Card, who was wanted in connection with the shootings at Schemengees Bar and Grille and at Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley in Lewiston, is believed to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, a law enforcement official tells The Associated Press.

The official was not authorized to discuss details of the investigation publicly and spoke to The AP on condition of anonymity. A 10 p.m. news conference was scheduled by police.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I hope some kind of healing can begin. :rose:

Every time this happens, the healing is determined by a coin flip.  They will either heal or they won't.   :confused:

• Like 2

Another horrible atrocity. I feel so sorry for the communities affected.

It's a pity this f*cker didn't just top himself first to save all this heartbreak.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, zepphead said:

It's a pity this f*cker didn't just top himself first to save all this heartbreak.

That would be no fun.  He's gotta make the world pay for his misery.  He's gotta make sure that everyone remembers him.

Oh – They tried to get me
Oh – They'll never forget me

• Like 2

20 hours ago, zepphead said:

Another horrible atrocity. I feel so sorry for the communities affected.

This.

• Like 2

This past Saturday.  Diego Barajas Medina made a better choice at Glenwood Caverns Amusement Park, in Colorado.  

Medina was all loaded up with semi-automatic weapons, body armor and explosives, all ready to slaughter lots of people at the park, but he apparently changed his mind and offed himself in a park restroom.   

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 10:48 AM, Principled Man said:

This past Saturday.  Diego Barajas Medina made a better choice at Glenwood Caverns Amusement Park, in Colorado.  

Medina was all loaded up with semi-automatic weapons, body armor and explosives, all ready to slaughter lots of people at the park, but he apparently changed his mind and offed himself in a park restroom.   

Ugh thank God.

When I bartended I had a customer who (I could tell) was dangerously mentally ill.

I told him he needed to get help. Maybe I prevented him from hurting people. 

On a related note, gun and ammo hoarding is disturbingly common.

• Like 1