Jump to content

Is Tony R the epitome of a modern heavy metal fan in 2023?


treeduck
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, grep said:

Attitude too.

If you mean "less stress", then that is kinda a thing.  The caveat is not everyone's sources of stress are self induced, so their "attitude" alone may have no bearing on whether or not they experience stress, to what extent, or whether it impacts their health/vitality.  You can be a prisoner of war, and be the happiest and most optimistic person on the planet, but your actual conditions could kill you in a matter of months.  Your "attitude" can't save you from starvation and disease.  I think that's an abused trope/meme.  There's tons of miserable, manipulative, and downright evil people who live into old age.

Edited by stoopid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stoopid said:

If you mean "less stress", then that is kinda a thing.  The caveat is not everyone's sources of stress are self induced, so their "attitude" alone may have no bearing on whether or not they experience stress, to what extent, or whether it impacts their health/vitality.  You can be a prisoner of war, and be the happiest and most optimistic person on the planet, but your actual conditions could kill you in a matter of months.  Your "attitude" can't save you from starvation and disease.  I think that's an abused trope/meme.  There's tons of miserable, manipulative, and downright evil people who live into old age.

Thanks for pissing in my lemonade, man!   Here I am thinking that I'm doing all right laughing at life's problems and saying 'whatever' like any good X-er should.   LOL

Edited by grep
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, grep said:

Thanks for pissing in my lemonade, man!   Here I am thinking that I'm doing all right laughing at life's problems and saying 'whatever' like any good X-er should.   LOL

Yeah delusion only gets you so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, stoopid said:

Yeah delusion only gets you so far.

It can get you all the way to POTUS if we're unlucky or all the way to mega church pastor if you can fool enough people or all the way to solitary confinement if you can't be the other 2.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

It can get you all the way to POTUS if we're unlucky...

Not sure I'd want the job, would you?

 

Mega church pastor?  Oh hell yeah.  All the coke and hookers money can buy at the expense of the gullible parishioners.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2023 at 3:34 PM, treeduck said:

He is.

Gen X. And I have one year on Ducky and two on Earl.

Edited by ozzy85
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2023 at 8:29 PM, Tony R said:

Priest even stole the intro to their best song, Beyond The Realms Of Death, from Styx. f***ing Styx!

Les Binks the drummer wrote that part, it's his only credit with the band. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, treeduck said:

Les Binks the drummer wrote that part, it's his only credit with the band. 

Also same notes as ELO's 10538 Overture.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2023 at 3:29 PM, Tony R said:

Priest even stole the intro to their best song, Beyond The Realms Of Death, from Styx. f***ing Styx!

SWEET SUITE MADAME BLUE!!!!! GAZE AT YOUR LOOKING GLASS!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...