Film Trivia: I Did Not Know That!

Principled Man

I just found out that in The Godfather, the horse’s head was REAL!  :ohmy:   It was not a prop!  

Any other fascinating factoids out there?  Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 2

Everyone remembers the alien sitting in front of that huge machine gun in 'Alien', right? The astronauts approaching him were in fact Ridley Scott's kids, because they couldn't get a big enough skeleton. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I just found out that in The Godfather, the horse’s head was REAL!  :ohmy:   It was not a prop!  

Any other fascinating factoids out there?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Aaaah!  Aaah! Aaaaaah!  Ah!  Aaaaaah!

• Like 1

In Close Encounters of The Third Kind, there's a scene with a newspaper is shown on screen.  Besides one story about the 'strange lights' there are a couple of articles about Star Wars.  Not random gibberish - if you freeze the playback you can read them. It's just a couple of paragraphs.... but pretty cool.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blueschica said:

I have so many questions now about that horse head!   

The head was apparently shipped to the producers from a slaughterhouse, as horse meat was often used to make dog food back then.   :ohmy:    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The head was apparently shipped to the producers from a slaughterhouse, as horse meat was often used to make dog food back then.   :ohmy:    

And Meathead served it to Archie. Typical.  :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

In his prime Dutch MMA fighter Alastair Overeem regularly cycled horsemeat into his diet.  He claimed it helped give him a "jacked" physique that haters attributed to the use of anabolic steroids.

In the 1960 film 'Teutonic Knights', which takes place in the early part of the 15th century, the King is seen wearing a watch and during a big battle, there is a quick glimpse of a car. Otherwise, it's a pretty good movie. 

In the fourth Star Trek movie, when Chekov and Uhura are walking around San Francisco, asking about nuclear vessels, there is a real cop, not an actor, observing them. When he investigated the matter, he was clued in on the whole affair. He was probably a Star Wars guy.   :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We never got to see a sequel to Carpenter's 'The Thing', but there has been a series of comic books done, involving MacReady and Childs. The two are saved by a submarine crew. Childs turns out to be the alien, and in the next book, MacReady gets killed. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

In the fourth Star Trek movie, when Chekov and Uhura are walking around San Francisco, asking about nuclear vessels, there is a real cop, not an actor, observing them. When he investigated the matter, he was clued in on the whole affair. He was probably a Star Wars guy.   :rolleyes:

I lean more towards ST.  Both have good and bad in them.  I'd easily pick TESB (highest grossing movie of my YOB) over Nemesis any day.

At least ST 5 is ambitiously bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

I lean more towards ST.  Both have good and bad in them.  I'd easily pick TESB (highest grossing movie of my YOB) over Nemesis any day.

At least ST 5 is ambitiously bad.

I'm sorry, but from Shatner's climbing at the beginning, I was captivated. This movie gets a bad rap for no good reason. There are some really cool scenes, and it was directed by the man himself.   :smoke:

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 10:19 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I'm sorry, but from Shatner's climbing at the beginning, I was captivated. This movie gets a bad rap for no good reason. There are some really cool scenes, and it was directed by the man himself.   :smoke:

The plot was silly, but the character moments were fantastic. It was a fun movie to watch, even if a lot of it doesn't make sense. It was the best kind of bad Star Trek.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:31 PM, blackhawkrush said:

We never got to see a sequel to Carpenter's 'The Thing', but there has been a series of comic books done, involving MacReady and Childs. The two are saved by a submarine crew. Childs turns out to be the alien, and in the next book, MacReady gets killed. 

boo!

• Haha 1