Rush (and Queen, and Zeppelin) 2.0

Alexmai

Do you want an official 2.0 version of Rush (or your favourite band), to play live and write new songs?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an official 2.0 version of Rush (or your favourite band), to play live and write new songs?

• Yes, I want new music in the spirit of my favourite band
    • No, I don't want new music, only an official live 2.0 version
    • No, don't touch that name, I'm not interested

Hello everybody!

We all know that without Neil there will never be Rush again.

But we know that Geddy and Alex could write songs... so Rush 2.0 can play them and write with the two old guys!

Brian May and Roger Taylor with Adam Lambert wrote a number of songs that can't be published as Queen, but as Queen 2.0 with young guys performing them?

Same way, Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley has surely a number of songs without a Kiss album since 2012: Kiss 2.0 could play them live with old Kiss songs?

And so on and on... Floyd, Zeppelin...

Many $$$ around, a web worldwide selection to have the best new version of these bands...

Making supertours with 70 yo millionaires onstage (Geddy and Alex being the first to enjoy it) beside young stars for the encores...
Three years from now, the old bands will be memories... or will be 2.0  :7up:

Edited by Alexmai
To write it better

Absolutely not. Let the dead bands stay dead. Rather than push some young dude in front of an established name, it's better to make stars of new bands instead. If we let some of these legacy acts stay dead, maybe there'd be space for some new acts to fill the void. 

• Like 5

If Queen + Adam Lambert want to try a studio record like Queen + Paul Rodgers did back in the 00s, I don’t mind. They’ve been very consistent since Freddie passed about how the name gets used.

Geddy and Alex do anything together again, don’t call it Rush 2. Just call it Leefson or something like that, something the fans will understand and accept. I also don’t mind if they just don’t.

• Like 2

If Ged and Al get together, it won't be called Rush.  I think we all know this.

Queen did a great job of pulling off the singer swap.  I can't describe why I feel that way - but it's like art I guess. Either it works or it doesn't In their case it did.  Twice...even though I'm not fan of Adam L.

KISS....now that's interesting.  I think the plan is that the name will continue with new musicians.  Thought I read something Gene said to that effect.  Which if they actually do it will last less than 1 tour.   No one's gonna' be fooled.

• Like 2

I will happily wait for and attend to any work Alex and Geddy create together. They worked together before Neil,  why not after.

But while it's true that there was Rush before, that Rush is NOT the Rush that finished. 

Rush has very specifically meant Geddy, Alex, and Neil for almost 50 years now. Rush is over. 

But Geddy and Alex are free to create anything they want. Call it anything else. The word "Rush" cannot be involved.

• Like 1

New music ..... yes, musically in the spirit of Rush ..... yes, under the name Rush or any derivative of Rush ...... no. Perhaps just soming boringly obvious like Lifeson - Lee.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1