The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

5 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Dak does need to be better, but Dallas' everything got worked. They've been outclassed in every facet of the game. And they shouldn't have been.

Overconfidence led to a lack of preparedness?

19 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Jordan Love:  16 of 20; 272 yards, 3 TD's, 158.3 Rating

He did OK.  

Thanks to that totally unnecessary incomplete pass, his rating is now 157.2.  :angry:

Keep him on the sideline, Coach!!  

4 minutes ago, goose said:

WTF are the Packers doing?

La Fleur blinked, I think.  He thought Love and Jones could magically get 1st downs.  They didn't.  

• Like 1

Just now, goose said:

Way to go Green Bay!  :cheer:

They guys in the booth said it, the game wasn't as close as the final score might indicate. They also stuck up for McCarthy, but I still don't think he should be there next season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

They guys in the booth said it, the game wasn't as close as the final score might indicate. They also stuck up for McCarthy, but I still don't think he should be there next season.

Belichick?

5 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

If football fans didn't hate the Cowboys before they will if he gets hired.

Yeah, I think it'd be a bad move.

36 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

They guys in the booth said it, the game wasn't as close as the final score might indicate. 

The guys in the booth just won the 2024 Captain Obvious Award!  :biggrin:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

24 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The guys in the booth just won the 2024 Captain Obvious Award!  :biggrin:

In their defense, they did preface that by saying if a viewer had just tuned in and saw that score they'd think both teams were involved in a shootout.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

In their defense, they did preface that by saying if a viewer had just tuned in and saw that score they'd think both teams were involved in a shootout.

That's fair.  I never heard anything from those guys.  I had Packer radio on all game long.   :biggrin:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

78ews4.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

Rams are getting screwed by no-calls 

That's what happens when you present yourself as a team that can't finish in the red zone.  No respect elsewhere on the field.  Still sucks, though

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

NFL officiating seems to have it in for the Lions. Another bad call goes against them.

38 minutes ago, goose said:

Shot to a defenseless Stafford's head draws no flag?

Officiating is BAD. The Lions just got away with pass interference -- a call there would have given the Rams a huge first down. Makes up for the earlier bad call that went against them. Kinda.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Officiating is BAD. The Lions just got away with pass interference -- a call there would have given the Rams a huge first down. Makes up for the earlier bad call that went against them. Kinda.

Some calls are hard to make, others not so much.  Yards after catch and other plays where offensive players don't give themselves up to the tackle merit leniency toward the defender.  Shots to a QBs head or grabbing a receiver's jersey should be automatic.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:08 PM, HemiBeers said:

Lions will beat the Rams tomorrow because:

1. It's a waxing crescent moon, which happened the last time the Lions won a playoff game. 

2. They're wearing all blue uniforms (blueberries) and they're 5-0 in those unis. 

3. They're undefeated in prime time games (don't get me started over that Cowpies game...you know they won that). 

4. All the media and talking heads are going gaga over Stafford's return to Detroit. 

Yep they took care of business. Fear the blueberries!

Makes it even sweeter that Green Bay smoked the Cowpies. Now the Lions are the de facto 2 seed and get another home playoff game. Ha. 

• Like 2