2023 College Basketball thread

laughedatbytime

5 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

A good bit of vitriol on FB saying enough of the tournament failures, Calipari has to go. Mostly regarding the last two years. Folks in Lexington upset?

I would like to see Calipari leave.  The program has not improved.  It remains the same.   It's time for a complete overhaul.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Too soon! :fistscrying:

Tough to beat any team that scores fifteen 3-pters  on you.  And they weren't easy shots 

Stetson getting a 26.5 pts spread and is +3000 on the money line vs UConn.  With thar return it may be worth a $10 bet!

Or you could take the easy money and put $100 on UConn at -25000.  :tongue:

1 hour ago, goose said:

Tough to beat any team that scores fifteen 3-pters  on you.  And they weren't easy shots 

I'm still not sure how that happened. That Gohlke guy had the ugliest shot -- he looked like he was always off-balance and chucking the ball from between his wrists, rather than his palms (you know the kind of thrusting forward action I mean, more of a push than a throw?), and I'll be damned if most of them didn't go in. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Principled Man said:

As a lifelong UK fan, I know that the Wildcats can and do choke at any time. 

WHY, then, do I keep picking them to reach the Final Four?  WHY??!!   :facepalm:

(Yes, I know why.)   :bitchslap:

The heart wants what the heart wants (regardless of what the brain tries to tell it).

In other news, Samford got the shaft but it was against Kansas so not surprising. 

Got home from work in time to catch the last 50 seconds of Colorado-Florida AND Yale-Auburn, multigame view via the NCAA app. :7up:

• Like 1

Charleston subbing five for five and throwing a brutal uptempo pace at Alabama.  TV timeouts may just save the Tide's bacon.  :biggrin:

James Madison making some noise with early double digit lead over Wisconsin!

31-16 with  a minute left in the first half

• Like 1

15 hours ago, goose said:

Today's upset prediction:

#12 GCU Lopes take out #5 St Mary's

:popcorn:

GCU was +191 on the money line.  Should have put some cash on it.

:tongue:

I hadn't seen the highlights of the Samford-Kansas game but feez did Samford get screwed on that breakaway shot block call.  Of all the stuff theyll spend forever reviewing, how is THAT situation excluded? :blink:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, goose said:

Today's upset prediction:

#12 GCU Lopes take out #5 St Mary's

:popcorn:

Here's what I was prepared to type, before I got distracted:  "GCU? Over the team that beat Gonzaga twice and won its conference tournament?"

Huh.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Here's what I was prepared to type, before I got distracted:  "GCU? Over the team that beat Gonzaga twice and won its conference tournament?"

Huh.

As it turns out, picking a Friday upset was shooting fish in a barrel. :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

As Seacrest would say, Jayhawks, OUT! Nicely done Bulldogs.

That Kansas cold streak is one I haven't seen in a long time at this level.  Zags went on a 35-9 second half run.  :blink:

• Like 1

Oakland played a heckuva game vs NC State, losing in overtime.  A shame they didn't even get a shot off in that second half-ending sequence.  That kind of thing can haunt a coach or player

• Like 1

Oregon battles to get even with Creighton and extend to 2nd OT!

Immediately sags on perimeter defense in back to back possessions to allow two wide open 3pointers.  :blink:

As fun as Friday's upsets were, they'll probably make for a pretty boring Sunday with lots of blowouts.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, goose said:

As fun as Friday's upsets were, they'll probably make for a pretty boring Sunday with lots of blowouts.

To wit...

Purdue takes down Utah State 106-67, and, nine minutes in,  Duke leads James Madison 24-9. :zzz:

• Like 1