Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightwish- Dark Passion Play

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side

Phew! This was bombastic! Love both these bands, hadn't played either in a while.

Gosh, I forgot how emotional Nightwish get me. I feel their music. It's time I think to reconnect.

• Like 2

Today Was Yesterday | Today Was Yesterday

Alex features on six tracks. It is a decent album but probably will benefit from further listenings.

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

Gosh, I've come to truly adore this work of art. Start to finish, I have few complaints. The entire album feels like a dream. If I shut my eyes, it's so impactful. Just wonderful.

• Like 10

Host- IX 

Basically Paradise Lost's 2023 follow up to their 1999 album Host. I'm 1999 fans made it clear that they did not want a Depeche Mode style album from PL. However its since become a cult classic and fan favourite. 

However, PL never forgot the hate they received. So when they felt inclined to wrote more music in the eighties synth pop/darkwave vein, they chose to release it under a different name. So Host was born.

For all intents and purposes, it's a Paradise Lost album. I love it. I love them. 

Maybe I forgot to mention it the end of last year, this is my album of 2023.

Testament- The Legacy

I adore this album. Don't care if it doesn't sound perfect, as so many people point out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turbine Freight said:

undefined

One of the best albums I've ever heard! I love this record so damn much!

• Like 3

Iron Maiden- Iron Maiden

A terrific debut. Whenever I play the first two Maiden albums, I find myself wishing we could have had more from this lineup. Of course, I don't want to remove anything from their discography. I'm not asking to erase the great albums that followed.

But these two albums are incredible, and I've tried to find more bands with the flavour but nothing else hits quite the same way.

Remember Tomorrow is incredible, and below is my favourite version of this song, performed live in 1980:

https://youtu.be/afBRj58PYSI?si=l_ngYfZd3Aha0Xrf

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 6

Paradise Lost- Believe In Nothing (Remixed and Remastered)

Paradise Lost- Symbol Of Life

BIN was not well received by fans or critics. The band have also said they had no control over the final mixes, resulting in an album far too slick and commercial for most fans tastes. So nearly 20 years later, they Remastered and remixed it closer to their original vision. It is in my opinion a fantastic album in its original form. But the darker, heavier remix is exquisite. 

It also works beautifully as a counterpart to the follow up Symbol Of Life.

13 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Iron Maiden- Iron Maiden

A terrific debut. Whenever I play the first two Maiden albums, I find myself wishing we could have had more from this lineup. Of course, I don't want to remove anything from their discography. I'm not asking to erase the great albums that followed.

But these two albums are incredible, and I've tried to find more bands with the flavour but nothing else hits quite the same way.

Remember Tomorrow is incredible, and below is my favourite version of this song, performed live in 1980:

https://youtu.be/afBRj58PYSI?si=l_ngYfZd3Aha0Xrf

My 2 favorite Maiden albums

• Like 2