Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

6 hours ago, yyz305 said:

It gets better with every listen. One of those funny things - it just isn't 'sticking' in my head like most albums, of any artists, do upon repeated listening...I do like it, though. I loved Lightning Bolt, but this is taking ages for me to get to know the tracks.

Yeah I am a huge Lightning Bolt fan, but I agree about Gigaton. I have played it many times and don't recall a thing, and oddly when I do replay it it still sounds new

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yeah I am a huge Lightning Bolt fan, but I agree about Gigaton. I have played it many times and don't recall a thing, and oddly when I do replay it it still sounds new

Well said. If you asked me to even hum a song, I'd have no chance!

Worked from home again today so, back to the moving box.  First out:

Molly Hatchet - -Flirtin with Disaster

Awesome title track.  "Whiskey Man" is a good song as well.  The other songs I don't go crazy for however.  Likely much better live than on the album.  Never got to see them live however so I can't say for 100% certain.  They are ok  - I guess.  But nothin I really go for.  Great (like one of my favorite all time) album covers.  Next out of the box:

Jackson Browne - Hold Out

I enjoy "Boulevard" but the rest of the album is forgettable for me.  Next out of the box:

Jethro Tull - Original Masters

A Tull greatest hits album.  I will enjoy some Tull now and then.  Saw them live in the 1990's - decent show.  Good album.  Next out of the box:

AC DC - Back in Black

Not a big ACDC fan but this is an album I never skip a song on.  The title track, "Hells Bells" & "You Shook Me All Night Long" are the best songs but everything is worth listening to.  Good album.  Last out of the box:

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

A disappointing album IMO.  Its has 4 songs that got airplay, "Never Say Goodbye", "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Livin' On A Prayer" & "Wanted Dead or Alive".  For me however, "Never Say Goodbye" is a dud.  "You Give Love A Bad Name" is good & I still enjoy it.  The other 2 hits ("Livin On A Prayer" & "Wanted Dead Or Alive") are still awesome.  What make the album so disappointing is that after those songs the quality falls way, way off (IMO).  You have 3 very good songs (2 or which are excellent) and then everything else is a dud.  Big drop in quality.  Thought that at the time and still think so.  With 3 very strong songs you would expect / hope for some good deep cuts - but their are none.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

A disappointing album IMO.  Its has 4 songs that got airplay, "Never Say Goodbye", "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Livin' On A Prayer" & "Wanted Dead or Alive".  For me however, "Never Say Goodbye" is a dud.  "You Give Love A Bad Name" is good & I still enjoy it.  The other 2 hits ("Livin On A Prayer" & "Wanted Dead Or Alive") are still awesome.  What make the album so disappointing is that after those songs the quality falls way, way off (IMO).  You have 3 very good songs (2 or which are excellent) and then everything else is a dud.  Big drop in quality.  Thought that at the time and still think so.  With 3 very strong songs you would expect / hope for some good deep cuts - but their are none.

The very first CD I bought in the Spring of 1987.  I probably haven't listened to it in 30+ years.  Social Disease is a great tune, though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Worked from home again today so, back to the moving box.  First out:

Molly Hatchet - -Flirtin with Disaster

Awesome title track.  "Whiskey Man" is a good song as well.  The other songs I don't go crazy for however.  Likely much better live than on the album.  Never got to see them live however so I can't say for 100% certain.  They are ok  - I guess.  But nothin I really go for.  Great (like one of my favorite all time) album covers.  Next out of the box:

Jackson Browne - Hold Out

I enjoy "Boulevard" but the rest of the album is forgettable for me.  Next out of the box:

Jethro Tull - Original Masters

A Tull greatest hits album.  I will enjoy some Tull now and then.  Saw them live in the 1990's - decent show.  Good album.  Next out of the box:

AC DC - Back in Black

Not a big ACDC fan but this is an album I never skip a song on.  The title track, "Hells Bells" & "You Shook Me All Night Long" are the best songs but everything is worth listening to.  Good album.  Last out of the box:

I seem to remember Raise Your Hands made me shake my arse and boogie one time... :zalice:

• Like 2

In Flames- Siren Charms