• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::thumbsup:

hell has frozen over, lol

Mick

I’m playing it again.

I had Back To December on repeat for probably half an hour when I first heard it earlier today. I had to buy the whole album after that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

m68180261106_1.jpg?width=1024&height=102

I take back everything. 

You won't be the first person to dismiss a superstars work. Check out the recent vault material, her duets with FOB and Hayley are terrific.

Back To December is one of the best "I'm sorry" songs ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m playing it again.

I had Back To December on repeat for probably half an hour when I first heard it earlier today. I had to buy the whole album after that.

Oh my God I just mentioned Back To December in my last comment before even seeing this reply!

Look, no one is saying you'll become a big Taylor Swift fan. But this is the sole album of hers where she didn't work with one other songwriter. In essence, I don't see how anyone can dismiss this record but call themselves a fan.

I'd say proceed with a patient air with any other albums. Her singles are so well known, it's easy to lose the deeper cuts.

But should you try Red, I'd recommend these songs: Begin Again, State Of Grace, All Too Well and Ronan.

1989: Wildest Dreams, Clean (with Phoebe Bridgers)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh my God I just mentioned Back To December in my last comment before even seeing this reply!

Look, no one is saying you'll become a big Taylor Swift fan. But this is the sole album of hers where she didn't work with one other songwriter. In essence, I don't see how anyone can dismiss this record but call themselves a fan.

I'd say proceed with a patient air with any other albums. Her singles are so well known, it's easy to lose the deeper cuts.

But should you try Red, I'd recommend these songs: Begin Again, State Of Grace, All Too Well and Ronan.

1989: Wildest Dreams, Clean (with Phoebe Bridgers)

Back To December feels like it was written just for me and I found it just when I needed to. I think I’m gonna be deep diving with Speak Now for at least a week or two before trying another album, but I will make that next one Red for you. After all, I only thought to try this one because it was the one you recommended to me a while back. So thank you, Segue.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Back To December feels like it was written just for me and I found it just when I needed to. I think I’m gonna be deep diving with Speak Now for at least a week or two before trying another album, but I will make that next one Red for you. After all, I only thought to try this one because it was the one you recommended to me a while back. So thank you, Segue.

Red has some really enormous pop hits that you may roll your eyes at, but the deeper cuts are really great.

And it opens with a U2 inspired number, State Of Grace, and then proceeds to not stick to one genre for long at all.

Also, listen to her colab with The Civil Wars, Safe And Sound. It was on the Hunger Games soundtrack and its from shortly after Speak Nows release. Its one of her best songs and an early hint at what would come later with Folklore/Evermore

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Taylor Swift- Red

• Like 2

Taylor Swift - Speak Now

3rd time in less than 24 hours

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Taylor Swift - Speak Now

3rd time in less than 24 hours

I have always said this was the one album I thought best for you to start with.

She's my generation, you can really hear the emo influences especially on her first four albums. None more so than this. She wrote and recorded this album aged around 18/19. 

Again, sole songwriter. She wanted to shut her critics up who said her songwriting abilities were exaggerated and dependent on others help.

• Like 1

Deep Purple - Deep Purple In Rock

Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers

ZZ Top - Afterburner

Genesis - Duke

Rush - Live in YYZ 1981

Rush - Signals

Rush - Grace Under Pressure

Rush - Power Windows

Rush - Hold Your Fire

King Buffalo - The Burden of Restlessness 

Edited by Union 5-3992