Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i actually LOVE disc 1  but disc 2.......:zzz: if it was a single disc it'd be top 5 for me.

and if reports are to be believe at times the band wanted to throw pete out a window.........so after this Pete did it himself:laugh:

Mick

I think it the best album they've done.  Yeah, there's some fillers but it flows well. 

Maybe I have such a high opinion of this album is because I saw it performed back in 1974.  

53201145092_cc9c068f01_c.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Whos-Next-_Life-House-SDE-Edition.jpg

Listening to this on steaming at the moment...decisions to be made about purchase options, as the deluxe set only comes on CD, not vinyl (which would be my preference.

My lord, The Who were just completely on fire in this era.  A cliche, but the song selection is an embarrassment of riches.  Hard to think of someone more prolific at this level of quality than Townshend...and the band were just matching his creations with their skill perfectly.  Wowzer. 

• Like 8

Taylor Swift- Lover 

Taylor Swift- Reputation 

These two albums are superb. However, I still feel Reputation is her best work.

Paradise Lost- One Second

Paradise Lost- Host

Paradise Lost- Believe In Nothing 

Paradise Lost- Symbol Of Life 

Paradise Lost- Paradise Lost

Genesis-The Lamb (7/10)

I decided to try again and my opinion still the same.  Sides 1 and 2 are AMAZING.  Maybe the best uniform pieces of music they made with Gabriel.

BUT sides 3 and 4 it's like Pete just ran out of steam.  Shorter link tracks....beep-boop nonsense.  it just looses me completely.  I can follow a loose story (i think, lol) in the first LP.  the 2nd reeks off a bad monty python sketch.

if you love this all the way through. i get it because there are great soundscapes throughout, but sorry for me and my ears.  This just doesn't hang together as a complete listening experience. also i really do look at this more as Gabrials solo debut (unofficial) more than a true Genesis record even though their playing here is great.  it's more of a Pete showcase.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1