Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Hey Chronos I'd be interested to see your TULL album rankings. Let's see it!

That came out of left field! But ok, I'll rank it all tomorrow! Just for you! :old:

• Like 1

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feuerschwanz - Fegefeuer

New Feuerschwanz baby!!!  Just released a few day ago and its excellent.

Its in German which I don't speak but the music is awesome and I can pick a bit here and there so I can sort of get a little feel about what some of the songs are about.  I mean, their is a song titled "Sgrfrd Dragonslayer" - obvious what thats about.  Then their is a song titled "Highlander".  I head the word "Glenn" in that song so I have a rough feel what its about.  Then their is the song "Uruk-Hai".  I heard the words "Sauerman" & "Isengard" several times in the song.  Can make a good guess what thats based on.

Excellent album.  Very heavy - its still folk metal but much more metal and less folk.  But still very good.  This is is a very good group.  Will have to keep my eye open for any shows they do in German that get put on Youtube in support of the album.  Word is they will be out on tour with Orden Ogen and Angus McSixx opening.  That a show I would love to see if they came to the U.S.

Edited by TheAccountant

6 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Feuerschwanz - Fegefeuer

New Feuerschwanz abbat!!!  Just released a few day ago and its excellent.

Its in German which I don't speak but the music is awesome and I can pick a bit here and there so I can sort of get a little feel about what some of the songs are about.  I mean, their is a song titled "Sgrfrd Dragonslayer" - obvious what thats about.  Then their is a song titled "Highlander".  I head the word "Glenn" in that song so I have a rough feel what its about.  Then their is the song "Uruk-Hai".  I heard the words "Sauerman" & "Isengard" several times in the song.  Can make a good guess what thats based on.

Excellent album.  Very heavy - its still folk metal but much more metal and less folk.  But still very good.  This is is a very good group.  Will have to keep my eye open for any shows they do in German that get put on Youtube in support of the album.  Word is they will be out on tour with Orden Ogen and Angus McSixx opening.  That a show I would love to see if they came to the U.S.

I was wondering how your German is coming along, it’s good you’re now picking up a few more new words here and there :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm the opposite. If they only have a few albums I like, they will never make my rotation and wouldn't consider myself a fan. Motley Crue is a good example. Their first two albums and Dr. Feelgood I think are good but they haven't been in my rotation for 30 years and I wouldn't consider myself a fan today.

I have a large number of bands that I only listen to one or two of their albums and are in constant rotation for me.

• Like 1

Krokus - Head Hunter ‘ 83 (6/10)

I was never a massive Krokus fan back in the day … 

but thought I’d revisit.

I just find Y&T to be in a higher league 

:imo:

• Like 3

Oh earlier today whilst mowing the lawn 

Venom - Welcome to Hell ‘ 81 (7/10)

my score is quite generous  as I randomly selected it for a laugh really for nostalgic reasons.  
 I remember in 1984 at age 15 :old:

( so that’s before the likes of

EP, Segue and even Mick - who already thinks he’s old !
… Mick you’re not ! 😉😮🙃🤣-  was born)

and just getting into Hard Rock/Métal that one of my school mates loved this album.

probably because it was controversial.

I remember they were always all over Kerrang magazine even though they weren’t the best of musicians.

However to their credit this album came out waaaaaay back in 1981 so Venom 
 can claim to be fore-runners of the Thrash & Speed Metal movements. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

I was wondering how your German is coming along, it’s good you’re now picking up a few more new words here and there :thumbsup:

I don't know if its getting any better.  Notice most of the words I was picking up in the songs (Uruk-Hai, Sauerman, Isengard, Glenn, Lock, Highlander etc) are English words.  Perhaps it better in that the German words are less alien to my ears.  But its not like I am singing along in German  - yet.  Banging my head along to the German - clearly yes.

Guess I will have to work some more German bands in / German albums in to help it improve some more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Oh earlier today whilst mowing the lawn 

Venom - Welcome to Hell ‘ 81 (7/10)

my score is quite generous  as I randomly selected it for a laugh really for nostalgic reasons.  
 I remember in 1984 at age 15 :old:

( so that’s before the likes of

EP, Segue and even Mick - who already thinks he’s old !
… Mick you’re not ! 😉😮🙃🤣-  was born)

and just getting into Hard Rock/Métal that one of my school mates loved this album.

probably because it was controversial.

I remember they were always all over Kerrang magazine even though they weren’t the best of musicians.

However to their credit this album came out waaaaaay back in 1981 so Venom 
 can claim to be fore-runners of the Thrash & Speed Metal movements. 

yes i'm not old but i do have Cerebral Palsy which makes me about 200 every morning:laugh:

(don't worry if i can laugh about it so can you:thumbsup:)

Mick

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

yes i'm not old but i do have Cerebral Palsy which makes me about 200 every morning:laugh:

(don't worry if i can laugh about it so can you:thumbsup:)

Mick

What about backache, dodgy hips?

• Like 2

Stone Sour- House Of Gold And Bones, Part 1

Why do I always, always forget how incredible Stone Sour is?

Gosh, this is fantastic. I forgot how much I love this album.

• Like 2

Tremonti- Marching In Time 

I love this album more and more.

• Like 2

Alter Bridge- The Last Hero

I love this album so damn much. f**k it, it's in my top three. Maybe two.

Now playing:

Alter Bridge- Pawns And Kings

Outstanding still. I loved it the day it came out, and still do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Stone Sour- House Of Gold And Bones, Part 1

Why do I always, always forget how incredible Stone Sour is?

Gosh, this is fantastic. I forgot how much I love this album.

Stone Sour is excellent. Corey Taylor doesn't half ass anything he's involved in. That is definitely one of their best albums along with Come Whatever May. Part 2 of Gold and Bones wasn't anywhere near as good as the first one but it is still good. The band I believe is broken up now. They just weren't getting along with each other anymore. Corey has a solo album coming out. The first two singles, "Beyond" and "Post Traumatic Blues" are good. A bit of a Stone Sour feel to both songs.

• Like 1

Here you go, Duck of the Tree. No particular order within each tier.

1. Songs From the Wood

2. Stand Up, Benefit, Thick As a Brick

3. Aqualung, Heavy Horses, Minstrel in the Gallery

4. A Passion Play, Stormwatch

5. The Broadsword and the Beast, This Was 

6. War Child, A

7. Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll, J-Tull Dot Com, Under Wraps

8. Crest of a Knave, Rock Island, Catfish Rising, Roots to Branches

9. RökFlöte, The Zealot Gene

The only real surprises might be that I don't rank Aqualung quite as highly as most Tull fans seem to, and that I have Crest of a Knave so low (I don't care for Dire Straits-influenced Tull).

• Like 2