the mets!

Tick

QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 15 2006, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 15 2006, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 15 2006, 01:07 AM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 15 2006, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 15 2006, 12:03 AM)
I'll be happy to moderate a Met trivia contest for the mug for Mets fans in chat if we can agree on a time...

it's mine! Dammit!

laugh.gif

Very well then. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I still say the jello yes.gif

Say no to Jello!

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):

DonnaWanna, Rolinda Bonz

eh eh

ur in trouble now guys

Jello wrestlin ...2 votes yes im sure common001.gif yes.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 14 2006, 10:22 PM)
DonnaWanna, Rolinda Bonz

eh eh
ur in trouble now  guys
Jello wrestlin ...2 votes yes im sure  common001.gif  yes.gif

tongue.gif

Yay Jello!

uh...what flavor? http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/thinkin2.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 15 2006, 01:28 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 14 2006, 10:22 PM)
DonnaWanna, Rolinda Bonz

eh eh
ur in trouble now  guys
Jello wrestlin ...2 votes yes im sure  common001.gif  yes.gif

tongue.gif

Yay Jello!

uh...what flavor? http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/thinkin2.gif

Muhahahhahahaaa firedevil.gif

I have the power

I am the Met Mug Keeper 1287.gif

laugh.gif

Lime? black cherry??? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 15 2006, 12:06 AM)
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/d4/33/b9_1_sbl.JPG
Mug Every Met Fan wants laugh.gif

why would slacker agree to a contest he would clearly lose ! just take the stinking mug ! i hope your moosehead goes flat in it ! angry.gif

ohmy.gif whats wrong with me , im not like this.

i want that f*&king mug ! thats whats wrong with me ! rage.gif

oh and for the record , lime !

1022.gif

trink36.gif bekloppt.gif

mets now 8 wins 1 loss ! best record in baseball ! this is gonna be our year baby ! 1022.gif trink36.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 7 2006, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 6 2006, 07:40 PM)
I was a fan of the Mets long ago after the whole 'Miracle Mets' thing with a young Nolan Ryan, but I find it real hard to root for 'em now that they've got the f*****-haired grandpa slayer from Boston. Good pitcher, but a total coward for what he did to Zimmer.  On the bright side however, I can now root for Boston again whenever they play the hated Jankees.

oh please that old man got what he asked for , if you dont want to get knocked around grampa stay off the field. im tired of people ripping pedro for that . what did you want him to do say oh please old man feel free to knock me down cause your old and that gives you the right. why should martinez risk getting hurt to have respect for an old guy that had none for him. besides all he did was push him aside. he didnt punch him in the head . in the end zimmer knew he was wrong and apologized.

First of all what the f*****-haired one did was to grab Zimmer by the head and throw him to the ground, risking serious injury to the old guy. Is this what you would do to a 70 something with a plate in his head from being beaned? You do realize that this is what had Zimmer pissed right? His career was ended by a beaning. The risk of injury to grandpa-slayer was nil. All you, me or anyone else had to do was to put out a hand and stop the charging septuagenarian. A quick step to the side would have avoided him altogether. The fact that Zimmer apologized just goes to show what a class act he is. I only wish that Zimmer would have cold-cocked his ass! I'd still be laughing.

Looks like your gonna have plenty to cheer about this year Tickster; the Mets should be in it all year. Looks like we'll get to see the f*****-haired grandpa-slayer in the post season yet again. Maybe this time he'll get to beat up on a little kid. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 15 2006, 07:26 PM)
I was a fan of the Mets long ago after the whole 'Miracle Mets' thing with a young Nolan Ryan, but I find it real hard to root for 'em now that they've got the f*****-haired grandpa slayer from Boston. Good pitcher, but a total coward for what he did to Zimmer.  On the bright side however, I can now root for Boston again whenever they play the hated Jankees.

oh please that old man got what he asked for , if you dont want to get knocked around grampa stay off the field. im tired of people ripping pedro for that . what did you want him to do say oh please old man feel free to knock me down cause your old and that gives you the right. why should martinez risk getting hurt to have respect for an old guy that had none for him. besides all he did was push him aside. he didnt punch him in the head . in the end zimmer knew he was wrong and apologized.

First of all what the f*****-haired one did was to grab Zimmer by the head and throw him to the ground, risking serious injury to the old guy. Is this what you would do to a 70 something with a plate in his head from being beaned? You do realize that this is what had Zimmer pissed right? His career was ended by a beaning. The risk of injury to grandpa-slayer was nil. All you, me or anyone else had to do was to put out a hand and stop the charging septuagenarian. A quick step to the side would have avoided him altogether. The fact that Zimmer apologized just goes to show what a class act he is. I only wish that Zimmer would have cold-cocked his ass! I'd still be laughing.

Looks like your gonna have plenty to cheer about this year Tickster; the Mets should be in it all year. Looks like we'll get to see the f*****-haired grandpa-slayer in the post season yet again. Maybe this time he'll get to beat up on a little kid. sarcasm.gif

ok let me me just make myself perfectly clear . i love the mets ! i hate the yankees ! this should make my opinion make sence to you.

pedro and the mets ! 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

zimmer and anything to do with the yankees ! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif moon.gif

sorry nothing personal , its just how i was raised .

THE METS RULE ! 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 15 2006, 06:35 PM)

ok let me me just make myself perfectly clear . i love the mets ! i hate the yankees ! this should make my opinion make sence to you.

zimmer and anything to do with the yankees ! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif moon.gif

THE METS RULE ! 1022.gif

I understand.

As a long suffering Rangers fan, I was appalled to see Zimmer go to the Jankees, yet my respect for him was unassailable, and it did my heart good to see him get a ring. At least he's not a Jankee any more.

I really don't get why a NL guy would hate the Jankees though. I'm not a big fan of the Astros for example, but I like to see them do well. Of course you don't need a reason to hate the evil empire I suppose, upbringing aside, and I can see how rivalry within a city is stronger than within a state.

Enjoy your Mets tickster, I'll be rooting for them every four out of five games.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 15 2006, 07:48 PM)

I really don't get why a NL guy would hate the Jankees though.

I grew up a Dodger fan. It was required to not like the Yankees or the Giants (though we couldn't hate the Giants more than Giant fans hate the Dodgers). For me it was the Bronx Zoo era of the late 70s. 1981 was a most satisfying year for me as a fan. It was the atonement for '77 and '78. I didn't mind the group that won in the late 90s, though. That crew was built without the meddling of Steinbrenner, for the most part, and they played great team baseball.

THE METS RULE ! 1022.gif

I understand.

As a long suffering Rangers fan, I was appalled to see Zimmer go to the Jankees, yet my respect for him was unassailable, and it did my heart good to see him get a ring. At least he's not a Jankee any more.

I really don't get why a NL guy would hate the Jankees though. I'm not a big fan of the Astros for example, but I like to see them do well. Of course you don't need a reason to hate the evil empire I suppose, upbringing aside, and I can see how rivalry within a city is stronger than within a state.

Enjoy your Mets tickster, I'll be rooting for them every four out of five games.

well to make you understand why a national league guy would hate the yankees you have to realize as a met fan in this area you are mocked , laughed at and treated like a second class citizen by yankee fans. you are constantly reminded "26 championships baby !" 062802puke_prv.gif when you have put up with 30+ years of that crap you dont like the yankees much . not to mention we lost the subway series , wanna talk about brutal. "theres no way we were ever gonna lose to the mutts " rage.gif im getting mad just thinking about it . yankee fans , especially younger ones that dont know anything but winning are pompous arrogant and down right annoying. are you starting to get it yet ? how can you not . i would rather see the hated braves win the world series than the yankees any day. i dont have to put up with there fans. you had to get me started.

I was also born and raised a Met fan. My earliest memories were of standing in the playpen in the family room in Brooklyn. Bottle in my mouth. And a Met game on the TV.

And what's the coolest is - I grew up with my Grandmother living with us, and she was the biggest fan of them all. She never missed a game. She would sit in her chair... with her knitting, and her ashtray, and the Mets on TV. Atta girl, Grandma!!

Damn I love going to Shea. LET'S GO METS!!

Pedro goes up against the NL East rival Braves tonight. Mets in first place by 4 games ahead of Atanta. 1022.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Apr 16 2006, 08:39 AM)
I was also born and raised a Met fan. My earliest memories were of standing in the playpen in the family room in Brooklyn. Bottle in my mouth. And a Met game on the TV.

And what's the coolest is - I grew up with my Grandmother living with us, and she was the biggest fan of them all. She never missed a game. She would sit in her chair... with her knitting, and her ashtray, and the Mets on TV. Atta girl, Grandma!!

Damn I love going to Shea. LET'S GO METS!!

Awsume memories wub.gif

Thats how it was in my house with

hockey laugh.gif

and to ur last comment bout Shea...

lived here all my life & I never been to Shea ph34r.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 17 2006, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Apr 16 2006, 08:39 AM)
I was also born and raised a Met fan.  My earliest memories were of standing in the playpen in the family room in Brooklyn.  Bottle in my mouth.  And a Met game on the TV.

And what's the coolest is - I grew up with my Grandmother living with us, and she was the biggest fan of them all.  She never missed a game.  She would sit in her chair... with her knitting, and her ashtray, and the Mets on TV.  Atta girl, Grandma!! 

Damn I love going to Shea.  LET'S GO METS!! 

Awsume memories wub.gif

Thats how it was in my house with

hockey laugh.gif

and to ur last comment bout Shea...

lived here all my life & I never been to Shea ph34r.gif

I'm telling you... I can still hear her calling them jerk magerks when they botched up a play (which was often). laugh.gif

Shea is an amazing ball park, and in a great location. I love going there. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 16 2006, 06:37 AM)

THE METS RULE ! 1022.gif

I understand.

well to make you understand why a national league guy would hate the yankees you have to realize as a met fan in this area you are mocked , laughed at and treated like a second class citizen by yankee fans. you are constantly reminded "26 championships baby !" 062802puke_prv.gif when you have put up with 30+ years of that crap you dont like the yankees much . not to mention we lost the subway series , wanna talk about brutal. "theres no way we were ever gonna lose to the mutts " rage.gif im getting mad just thinking about it . yankee fans , especially younger ones that dont know anything but winning are pompous arrogant and down right annoying. are you starting to get it yet ? how can you not . i would rather see the hated braves win the world series than the yankees any day. i dont have to put up with there fans. you had to get me started.

Yea, I get it. What it must be like to ride the subway with the ultimate band-wagoners is hard to imagine here in the laid-back south. Last year I took my step-dad, a die hard redskins fan, to a cowboy game to which he of course wore full Redskins regalia. There were of course comments, most good natured and all in good fun ya know, but the one truly asinine guy we ran into was a Giants fan, and from his accent, a snowbird. My step-dad is from NY and put him in his place pretty quick, but it made me realize the cultural difference. Having said that I now realize that I have no explanation for Bush supporters. wacko.gif

The current astronomical ERA of the Atlanta starters is surely a good omen for ya, and the Mets bats are showing no sign of cooling. Hey, the f***** hair is gone! Good move Pedro. Looks like Pedro is too, after 6+. Not a stellar ERA to start off with, but it's looking like 3-0 to start right now.

Dang!

Drat and double drat!

Gloom despair and agony on me, deep dark depression excessive misery... eh.gif

Oh well, I'm tired of seeing Atlanta give it up in the first round anyway. Wait, there's still 150 games to go right? Grandpa slayer may lose a game yet! Do the Mets play the Rangers in interleague this year? I'd love to see PM get touched up in Zimmers old stomping ground, on the one day out of 10 we get a good pitching performance.

Dream... a temporary madness...

http://www.coloacad.org/acadwbpgs/goldigit/Mr%20Met.jpg

meet the mets , meet the mets . step right up and great the mets. bring your kiddies bring your wife. guaranteed to have the time of your life because the mets are really socking that ball , hitting those homeruns over the wall. east side west side everybodys coming down , to meet those m-e-t-s mets of new york town ! 653.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 18 2006, 01:09 PM)
meet the mets , meet the mets . step right up and great the mets. bring your kiddies bring your wife. guaranteed to have the time of your life because the mets are really socking that ball , hitting those homeruns over the wall. east side west side everybodys coming down , to meet those m-e-t-s mets of new york town ! 653.gif

applaudit.gif

That song brings back so many memories smile.gif

My first favorite Met was Tommy Agee #20

Who was your 1st Favorite?

QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 18 2006, 04:15 PM)

applaudit.gif

Edward Emil Kranepool

I grew up in Connecticut like Tick. In Connecticut you have to choose sides, you either like the Red Sox, The Yankees or The Mets, and when I was growing up, it was usually a choice between the Yankees and The Red Sox. I don't remember if my father was ever a Red Sox fan, but I remember loving them from a pretty young age. My parents got excited about the Yankees in the late 70's World Series with Reggie Jackson, etc., so I kind of jumped on the bandwagon, but soon jumped off and chose to generally hate the Yankees. Tick is right - they're arrogant beyond belief. I understand that winning fully 1/4 of the World Series that have ever been is enough to make one arrogant, but when you add the fact that they're from New York in there, then the fans can become beyond obnoxious.

By the mid-80's, I was really enjoying The Mets. My grandfather was a HUGE fan, and they were doing really well with players like Dwight Gooden, Darly Strawberry, Keith Hernandez, Gary Carter, etc. I jumped on the Mets bandwagon. The 1986 series for me was weird ad I had recently been into the Mets, but was a Red Sox fan going back further. I almost didn't care who won (and I was so stoned back in October 1986 that nothing much seemed to matter).

Anyway, I dropped out of baseball during the strike and got back into it in 1998 with the whole Maguire/Sosa thing, but I'm a man without a team. I still have a very soft spot in my heart for The Red Sox, and the 2004 championship and series was a dream come true, but I still don't hold any real allegiance for any team. Maybe I'll decide to be a Mets fan this year since they're off to such an amazing start with such an incredible roster. I dunno. I just can't help usually being more interested in statistics in general than I am about one team above all others. It would be fun to have a team again, but I can't force it....

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Apr 18 2006, 03:20 PM)

applaudit.gif

Edward Emil Kranepool

my first favorite met was tom seaver. my alltime favotite met is keith hernandez.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 18 2006, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Apr 18 2006, 03:20 PM)

applaudit.gif

Edward Emil Kranepool

my first favorite met was tom seaver. my alltime favotite met is keith hernandez.

I met Ed Kranepool at a Cyclone game last summer smile.gif A real sweet heart of a guy.

How bout this guy?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/bobwire/Jergro.jpg

Still to this day my favorite Met catcher!

http://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/header_mets1.gif

http://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/game6_sm.jpg

http://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/logospin2.gif

http://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/miraclealbum_sm.jpg

http://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/tommie_agee.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/t73flag.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/68Rookies_sm.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/mets_trio.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/MetsCelebrateNLCS2000.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/wstrophy.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/grote69.jpghttp://www.ralphworld.net/Mets/seaver2.jpg

METS BABY ! 1022.gif trink36.gif