the mets!

Tick

I just can't help myself, I've just got to celebrate Pedro's first loss of the season. WOOO HOOO!!! Ok, there. I'm done hating on PM now and will jump on the bandwagon and start rooting for Nolan's first MLB team.

If they manage to finally put down the Brave's this year, it'll be no miracle. This team is freakin loaded! How did I sleep on 'em in the spring? If I had bet on 'em every game this season I'd be up 15 bets! Dang my PM hatred! Screw Zimmer!! He looks like a Lord of the Rings character anyway.

I heart.gif NY!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 12 2006, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ May 12 2006, 03:40 PM)
Sorry guys, but this has always been a part of baseball.  They always try to get the minimum innings in, because it's hard to reschedule games.  MLB always instructs umps to do all that's necessary, absent thunder and lightning, to make the games official.  These things even out over the long run, so they say.  Still a lot of baseball left.

Ok...... Ok..... Just disgruntled fans, I guess. Shucks.

hey can I have my $20 back?

You know what else is funny? Gavin Floyd gets credit for throwing a complete game shutout! Yes, that is the rule. Can you believe that?

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/boxscor...nynmlb_phimlb_1

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ May 12 2006, 06:55 PM)
I just can't help myself, I've just got to celebrate Pedro's first loss of the season.  WOOO HOOO!!!  Ok, there. I'm done hating on PM now and will jump on the bandwagon and start rooting for Nolan's first MLB team.

If they manage to finally put down the Brave's this year, it'll be no miracle.  This team is freakin loaded!  How did I sleep on 'em in the spring? If I had bet on 'em every game this season I'd be up 15 bets! Dang my PM hatred!  Screw Zimmer!!  He looks like a Lord of the Rings character anyway.

I heart.gif NY!!!

Hey! don't Jinx how Mets tongue.gif

mets win 9 to 8 ! holy crap that was rough.

I hate being a Met fan in "Yankee Territory" over here...

No. I love it. biggrin.gif I also love how when the Yankees lose a World Series, the Yankee fan's excuse is, "They won 26 World Championships!". Who cares about what they did in past years, it's about this year. Besides, they haven't won one in, let's see, six years? laugh.gif

That's so cool that people actually made a Met thread here at TRF. I'm surprised. They do deserve it, though. cool.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ May 12 2006, 07:55 PM)
I just can't help myself, I've just got to celebrate Pedro's first loss of the season. WOOO HOOO!!! Ok, there. I'm done hating on PM now and will jump on the bandwagon and start rooting for Nolan's first MLB team.

If they manage to finally put down the Brave's this year, it'll be no miracle. This team is freakin loaded! How did I sleep on 'em in the spring? If I had bet on 'em every game this season I'd be up 15 bets! Dang my PM hatred! Screw Zimmer!! He looks like a Lord of the Rings character anyway.

I heart.gif NY!!!

Pedro didn't lose...the Mets lost but Pedro is still 5-0...

QUOTE (YYXanadu @ May 14 2006, 12:01 PM)

No. I love it. biggrin.gif I also love how when the Yankees lose a World Series, the Yankee fan's excuse is, "They won 26 World Championships!". Who cares about what they did in past years, it's about this year. Besides, they haven't won one in, let's see, six years? laugh.gif

That's so cool that people actually made a Met thread here at TRF. I'm surprised. They do deserve it, though. cool.gif

Where did u get the idea it is "Yankee Territory" here? confused13.gif

A lot of us hate the fargers! tongue.gif

I've got a ticket for when the Mets come to Toronto to play the Jays on June 25th....salivating at the thought of a possible Pedro vs. Doc pitching matchup!!! drool1.gif Doubt it will happen but who knows? cool.gif It is also the return of Carlos Delgado to T.O. biggrin.gif Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 14 2006, 11:02 AM)
I just can't help myself, I've just got to celebrate Pedro's first loss of the season.  WOOO HOOO!!!  Ok, there. I'm done hating on PM now and will jump on the bandwagon and start rooting for Nolan's first MLB team.

If they manage to finally put down the Brave's this year, it'll be no miracle.  This team is freakin loaded!  How did I sleep on 'em in the spring? If I had bet on 'em every game this season I'd be up 15 bets! Dang my PM hatred!  Screw Zimmer!!  He looks like a Lord of the Rings character anyway.

I heart.gif NY!!!

Curses!!

Drat and double drat!!!!

The hatred's gone now and there's nothing I can do to get it back.

Alas, a very valuable part of my fading middle aged angst lost by mistake. That's what I get for ignoring box scores.

Oh well, at least my Rangers won in Fenway. Millwood, Konerko and pray for rain!!

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ May 14 2006, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 14 2006, 11:02 AM)

I heart.gif NY!!!

Curses!!

Drat and double drat!!!!

The hatred's gone now and there's nothing I can do to get it back.

Alas, a very valuable part of my fading middle aged angst lost by mistake. That's what I get for ignoring box scores.

Oh well, at least my Rangers won in Fenway. Millwood, Konerko and pray for rain!!

And it happened again today laugh.gif Mets lost in xtra innings to Brew Crew..Pedro still undefeated tongue.gif

Same here...Skankees time in the spotlight is over and it's killing them!

2 bad pitches doomed them yesterday. And the fargin' Filthies aren't losing either. comp26.gif

QUOTE (River Alph @ May 15 2006, 07:48 AM)

Same here...Skankees time in the spotlight is over and it's killing them!

2 bad pitches doomed them yesterday. And the fargin' Filthies aren't losing either. comp26.gif

great avitar river ! i want 2 wins in st. louis

mets win game one in st.louis ! this was a much needed win for the mets. if we can just win a second in this series i would be pumped . want to go into the skankee series feeling good.

How bout those Mets 7-6 trink39.gif

HUGE WIN!! And an exciting game, too.

LET'S GO METS!!!!

653.gif653.gif653.gif653.gif653.gif653.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 19 2006, 11:19 PM)
HUGE WIN!! And an exciting game, too.
LET'S GO METS!!!!

653.gif653.gif653.gif653.gif653.gif653.gif

Waitin for Tick & SlackstA to get here and Celebrate trink39.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ May 20 2006, 01:08 AM)
If the Mets keep winning, this is going to be the biggest thread in the history of the Champion Players section. 

Lots of Mets fans at TRF.  I'm impressed.

trink39.gif

thank god randy johnson is spent . great win for the amazins ! now on to the main topic if your a met fan , starting pitching . now im not generally one to want to trade top prospects but this could be our year so ya gotta do what ya gotta do. the mets need to shop Lastings Millidge to some teams to see if we can pick up a good number three type starter. we cant afford to throw jose lima or jeremey gonzolez out there too many more times , they totally suck ! also the mets need to think about doing something they never do , bringing up a top pitching prospect from the farm before he's nesesarilly ready . i know they have a kid in double a that they love , bring him up ,who knows maybe he'll adjust quickly. i just know this , if we dont get another qaulity starter we dont get to a world series . ok omar its time you show what your made of , anyone can spend there owners money , lets see if your good enough to find a solution to our pitching woes considering you traded away a legitamate 3 starter for a hack reliever. ok then on to todays game pedro vs. moose , great matchup should be a great game . i hate the yankees more than anyone could ever imagine ! 1022.gif LETS GO METS ! 1022.gif Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ May 20 2006, 09:26 AM)
thank god randy johnson is spent . great win for the amazins ! now on to the main topic if your a met fan , starting pitching . now im not generally one to want to trade top prospects but this could be our year so ya gotta do what ya gotta do. the mets need to shop Lastings Millidge to some teams to see if we can pick up a good number three type starter. we cant afford to throw jose lima or jeremey gonzolez out there too many more times , they totally suck ! also the mets need to think about doing something they never do , bringing up a top pitching prospect from the farm before he's nesesarilly ready . i know they have a kid in double a that they love , bring him up ,who knows maybe he'll adjust quickly. i just know this , if we dont get another qaulity starter we dont get to a world series . ok omar its time you show what your made of , anyone can spend there owners money , lets see if your good enough to find a solution to our pitching woes considering you traded away a legitamate 3 starter for a hack reliever. ok then on to todays game pedro vs. moose , great matchup should be a great game . i hate the yankees more than anyone could ever imagine ! 1022.gif LETS GO METS ! 1022.gif

oh and i almost forgot , 1022.gif BAKE THE ROLLS METS ! 1022.gif