The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Just now, IbanezJem said:

How the hell do you get caught 3 v 3 when you are 1-0 up with four minutes of extra time remaining??? :rofl2:

Busy planning the celebration dance? :tongue:

• Haha 2

Husband is supposedly to be grading a final . . . game made him fall fast asleep . . . :blink: :wacko:  might have to wake him up for shootout !

Edited by blueschica
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, blueschica said:

Husband is supposedly to be grading a final . . . game made him fall fast asleep . . . :blink: :wacko:

BC, are the Steelers going to get it done this weekend vs the Ravens?

• Haha 1

Gotta be honest, I fancied Croatia throughout. I`ve not been impressed by a Brazil side since Rush released Signals. If Neymar doesn`t start crying, I`ll feel like the product has been mis-sold. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

The keeper was beaten like a rented mule, but that shot was aimed a bit too finely. The width of the post is sending Brazil home. That, and their lack of defensive nous.

Alison`s decision to remove his facial hair proved pivotal. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm gonna need to go for a walk before the next match. Do I want the Argies to punish the Dutch for daring to beat the US, or do I want the Oranje to win out? I'll see how the spirit moves me.

Whoever wins will be a lot more anxious about playing Croatia than Brazil. A tearful Messi as well? Cancel Christmas, as it will have already happened. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm gonna need to go for a walk before the next match. Do I want the Argies to punish the Dutch for daring to beat the US, or do I want the Oranje to win out? I'll see how the spirit moves me.

As an American, you should welcome a win over anything that comes to mind with the word orange - whether it`s kit, or skin colour. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, goose said:

BC, are the Steelers going to get it done this weekend vs the Ravens?

:biggrin:  Earlier this year I would have said it's a definite no, but with rumors that Lamar Jackson might not be recovered enough to play, it might be possible! Steelers fans keep repeating "rebuilding year" to themselves . . .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blueschica said:

:biggrin:  Earlier this year I would have said it's a definite no, but with rumors that Lamar Jackson might not be recovered enough to play, it might be possible! Steelers fans keep repeating "rebuilding year" to themselves . . .

I need them to win by 3 pts!

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned