The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Strange... when Eriksen gets into space and is about to shoot, I still want him to score - I`ll have to pay greater attention to who he is playing for. :facepalm:

I think it's high time we dropped it. I mean he's not some kind of angel just because he had a heart attack. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I think it's high time we dropped it. I mean he's not some kind of angel just because he had a heart attack. 

Oh, I didn`t mean the heart thing, I`m not that sentimental! I meant as an ex-Spurs player. You know what it`s like if an ex smiles that certain way, it`s like that. :blush2:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Oh, I didn`t mean the heart thing, I`m not that sentimental! I meant as an ex-Spurs player. You know what it`s like if an ex smiles that certain way, it`s like that. :blush2:

I don't know. I never wanted Chris Chelios to do well after he went to Detroit. A little wikipedia assignment for you. :wink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

I don't know. I never wanted Chris Chelios to do well after he went to Detroit. A little wikipedia assignment for you. :wink:

Unlike your guy, maybe Eriksen`s Inter pitstop helped. There was a suitable period of separation + distance (and death), so it doesn`t feel like the same kind of betrayal. :confused:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

According to today`s media, Liverpool have shot their proverbial bolt and are now under crisis management. 

Hexed the life out of them with my title-winning tip. :oops:

And don't you think you have Tottenham a bit high as well?  :rose: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And don't you think you have Tottenham a bit high as well?  :rose: 

:bitchslap:To paraphrase my beloved Peter Cook, "...things have been taken out of context, I`ve been misquoted, and worse than all of those, had my words remembered exactly".

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

:bitchslap:To paraphrase my beloved Peter Cook, "...things have been taken out of context, I`ve been misquoted, and worse than all of those, had my words remembered exactly".

Plus, someone tampered with your prediction post.  :wink:  

• Like 1

Good luck getting out of Eindhoven safely, victorious Rangers fans! Amazing what can be done without Aaron Ramsay stinking the joint out. :yes:

I think they'd have a bigger problem getting out of Trabzonspor. :smash:  :poke: :bitchslap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Bayern and Barcelona in the same group. :laugh:  Inter thrown in for good measure. Poor Kliment. :tongue:

What abour poor Tottenham, what a group from hell - the mighty Europa League holders Eintracht Frankfurt, 1992 European Cup winners Marseille, and the third most decorated Portuguese team, Sporting! We`ll do well to accrue any points there... oh hell, even I can`t make this argument fly. It`s the greatest group Spurs have ever been drawn in. :7up: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

What abour poor Tottenham, what a group from hell - the mighty Europa League holders Eintracht Frankfurt, 1992 European Cup winners Marseille, and the third most decorated Portuguese team, Sporting! We`ll do well to accrue any points there... oh hell, even I can`t make this argument fly. It`s the greatest group Spurs have ever been drawn in. :7up: 

You could have drawn Haifa and Shakhtar, but if you don't like to travel then it's a perfect draw. Good luck!  :smile:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

You could have drawn Haifa and Shakhtar, but if you don't like to travel then it's a perfect draw. Good luck!  :smile:

All things being equal, most sides would prefer to stick to the western side of Europe at the moment. :yes:

• Like 2

All things being equal, most sides would prefer to stick to the western side of Europe at the moment. :yes:

Nothing to worry about. They just started up the league in Ukraine, had a nice air-raid alarm in the 85th minute. :atickhum:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

The state of England's cricket now in much better shape after that embarrassing first test.  :thumbsup:  

The drawback with other teams not being as rich as England and India and Australia is they play series of two or three Tests only - so you are royally screwed if you lose the first one and then there`s some bad weather about. In my day series were five Tests and there was time for everyone to stroke their beards and puff on their pipes and discuss what could happen. Now it`s all over in a couple of weeks. :old:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned