Jump to content

The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread


Nova Carmina
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

You already had a yellow, Arkadiusz.  :gumby:  

Which is the most anti-football rule of all time, the second yellow for celebrating - and if the goal is not allowed, all that follows should be moot. I`d never fine a player for that at my (heavily fictional, bizarrely mismanaged) club. In the context of that match and Juve`s season, 2-1 down to 3-2 up, he was right to go nuts. And the big fight that followed - nobody everybody wants to see that. Games where one has no vested interest can be the best.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

What, no Liverpool-Ajax?

I thought you`d be pleased to not have attention drawn to that potential :banana:skin. Not to say that Spurs have an easy game - far from it, I just don`t think it matters if we lose tonight in terms of qualification from the group.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Nice doubleheader tonight: Sporting-Tottenham, Bayern-Barcelona. :drool:

Who will get the better reception from the oppositions fans? I reckon Marcus Edwards will get more warmth from Spurs fans than Lewy will from the spurned, bitter and jilted Bayern mob.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

What was it? I had the game on but muted.

I had to look it up because I hate the song without knowing the artist. Apparently, it was Gala - Freed from Desire. The second one was Chelsea Dagger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I had to look it up because I hate the song without knowing the artist. Apparently, it was Gala - Freed from Desire. The second one was Chelsea Dagger. 

"Freed from Desire" is normally anthemised these days, depending on which player is "on fire" and whether their name can fit in the right amount of syllables before said conflagration warning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

"Freed from Desire" is normally anthemised these days, depending on which player is "on fire" and whether their name can fit in the right amount of syllables before said conflagration warning.

Lewandowski should've been on fire, two great chances and a penalty on Bayern that wasn't suggested to the main referee by a Polish official in charge of VAR. Kwiatkowski will have a lot to explain when he gets back home.  :bitchslap: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Boy, we needed that.

Nice to have something to watch, eh? Now you don`t play until October. Not that Klopp will mind cramming more games into the fixture list after the World Cup. :cool:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm afraid Todd Boehly, Chelsea's new owner, may be sort of an "ugly American" asshole . . .

Poor guy doesn`t even get an adjective - every podcast just says "American owner" and then they fall off their chairs laughing whilst discussing his most recent move.  His sort will never be welcome - where`s the history of stealing from the state, exploiting revolution, killing journalists, human rights abuses? He gets more criticism than Saudi and Qatar owners combined, and it`s all because they keep a lower profile.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where the hell is Blackhawkrush? I don`t know which games I`m supposed to watch this evening. :popcorn:

In the absence of any counsel, I have opted for Rangers, against Napoli. Should be noisy and fun.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cripes, the Scottish crowd did very well during the minute`s silence. But this God Save the King business? I think it`s high time we try and get some English wordsmith to fit a nice lyric to Il Canto degli Italiani or failing that, La Marseillaise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Where the hell is Blackhawkrush? I don`t know which games I`m supposed to watch this evening. :popcorn:

In the absence of any counsel, I have opted for Rangers, against Napoli. Should be noisy and fun.

You read my mind.  :fistbump: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Cripes, the Scottish crowd did very well during the minute`s silence. But this God Save the King business? I think it`s high time we try and get some English wordsmith to fit a nice lyric to Il Canto degli Italiani or failing that, La Marseillaise.

Scotland, the Brave :bitchslap:s all three. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Zielinski. :LOL:

Ordinarily, you would think Rangers may want to consider a change of formation, personnel etc. Luckily for Gio van Bronckhurst they`ve got Dundee Utd next, the only team on the planet to be in worse form. :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...