RIP Tony Dow, Wally on Leave It To Beaver, 77

laughedatbytime

BREAKING NEWS: NOT DEAD

URGENT UPDATE:
This morning Tony's wife Lauren, who was very distraught, had notified us that Tony had passed and asked that we notify all his fans. As we are sure you can understand, this has been a very trying time for her. We have since received a call from Tony's daughter-in-law saying that while Tony is not doing well, he has not yet passed. Tony's son Christopher and his daughter-in-law Melissa have also been by his side comforting him, and we will keep you posted on any future updates..
  • Like 2

I remember this happening with Tom Petty- dead, not dead, etc.  What a difficult thing for the family.  I just read that he is very, very ill in hospice.

I'm sorry to hear the news confusion.  My sisters and I always enjoyed watching Wally and the Beav in reruns.  Tony Dow also suffered from depression for about 20 years before it was diagnosed and he obtained treatment; and he became a great spokesman for mental health causes afterwards.  Sounds like a good guy all around.  I wish he and his family the best.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, blueschica said:

I remember this happening with Tom Petty- dead, not dead, etc.  What a difficult thing for the family.  I just read that he is very, very ill in hospice.

I'm sorry to hear the news confusion.  My sisters and I always enjoyed watching Wally and the Beav in reruns.  Tony Dow also suffered from depression for about 20 years before it was diagnosed and he obtained treatment; and he became a great spokesman for mental health causes afterwards.  Sounds like a good guy all around.  I wish he and his family the best.

His daughter was furious with the media and she's right.  They're a bunch of vultures who lick the boots of stupid toxic people like Kartrashians and the two Paul brothers.  Shame on them for their reporting of Petty.

Also, it's official.  He actually is dead now.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tony-dow-dies-wally-cleaver-leave-it-to-beaver-1235187025/

Edited by invisible airwave

8 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

His daughter was furious with the media and she's right.  They're a bunch of vultures who lick the boots of stupid toxic people like Kartrashians and the two Paul brothers.  Shame on them for their reporting of Petty.

Also, it's official.  He actually is dead now.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tony-dow-dies-wally-cleaver-leave-it-to-beaver-1235187025/

Awww, RIP. :rose: One of the good guys. His characters always seemed good natured and appealing.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  When I was younger, and "Leave It to Beaver" was on, I would watch it, and liked it.  He will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., Tony.

• Like 2