The Warning

The official music video for More has reached 534k views on YouTube so far. This is the fastest a music video from them has reached 500k views. Their monthly listeners on Spotify was at 404k before the song came out. Today it is at 491k. That number has gone up every day since More was released. More currently has over 378k streams on Spotify. Octane on Sirius XM has also had More in rotation this week. Overall, it looks like this might be the big song that the band needed.

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

EP, that show is tomorrow. If you go you might get the one golden song from the jar that they haven't played yet. It's just Baltimore and Philly left before they head to Europe.

Bought tickets and got friends to go with me. I’m there!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Bought tickets and got friends to go with me. I’m there!

Cool the rumored golden song is supposedly Unmendable off their first album. I guess some fans heard them playing it at soundcheck. It hasn't been in any of the setlists so far so there's no other reason for them to play through it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Cool the rumored golden song is supposedly Unmendable off their first album. I guess some fans heard them playing it at soundcheck. It hasn't been in any of the setlists so far so there's no other reason for them to play through it. 

Hm, I’ll have to check it out

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Hm, I’ll have to check it out

When I'm Alone is the other song you might get. Except for the golden song every other one was in the jar three times. When I'm Alone is the only song left that hasn't been played three times yet.

• Like 1

In September they will be opening for Guns N Roses in Knoxville, Tennessee and Hollywood, Florida. So it looks like we will probably get some more shows in the US from them around that time since they're a band who uses their time on the road to the fullest.

• Like 1

I'm going to see The Warning in August when they come to Toronto.  I also them when they came through last year (exactly a year ago today!).  Interestingly, the venue they're playing this time is about double the size of the venue they played last year.  So, I guess they're getting more popular.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, P-Tor said:

I'm going to see The Warning in August when they come to Toronto.  I also them when they came through last year (exactly a year ago today!).  Interestingly, the venue they're playing this time is about double the size of the venue they played last year.  So, I guess they're getting more popular.

They're definitely getting more popular. More reached one million views on YouTube and one million streams on Spotify today. That is faster than any other song of theirs to reach that milestone. Their Patreon has been doing well and they get new members regularly. It's over 2600 members right now and hasn't dipped below that in months. Everything has been going great in the European tour. Whatever the back injury Dany had only caused them to cancel one show. They just played their first two headlining shows in Spain. The crowds were amazing at both shows. You should certainly check out some live videos from it. They have Download festival and a few more shows opening for Muse in the UK and I think that's it for Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

They're definitely getting more popular. More reached one million views on YouTube and one million streams on Spotify today. That is faster than any other song of theirs to reach that milestone. Their Patreon has been doing well and they get new members regularly. It's over 2600 members right now and hasn't dipped below that in months. Everything has been going great in the European tour. Whatever the back injury Dany had only caused them to cancel one show. They just played their first two headlining shows in Spain. The crowds were amazing at both shows. You should certainly check out some live videos from it. They have Download festival and a few more shows opening for Muse in the UK and I think that's it for Europe.

Download’s gonna love them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Download’s gonna love them

They loved them at Rock im Park and Rock am Ring in Germany. They have an after movie of it on YouTube. They've been received very well at the shows they've opened for Muse so far and the couple they opened for Royal Blood. By the way, I'm still waiting on a review of the show you saw 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

They loved them at Rock im Park and Rock am Ring in Germany. They have an after movie of it on YouTube. They've been received very well at the shows they've opened for Muse so far and the couple they opened for Royal Blood. By the way, I'm still waiting on a review of the show you saw 😎

Ah yes I know. I went on vacation shortly after and had a lot else on my mind. Give me till end of day tomorrow.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention when talking about More reaching 1 million streams that Choke recently reached over 6 million on Spotify. It was around 2.5 million when I became a fan last year. Money is closing in on 5 million. So, yes they are definitely getting more popular.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 12:23 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Ah yes I know. I went on vacation shortly after and had a lot else on my mind. Give me till end of day tomorrow.

Okay I ran out of time today. I'll do it tomorrow.

• Like 1

So I saw The Warning a few weeks ago now in Baltimore. The venue was a large GA floor with a nicely sized stage, no foxed seating anywhere. This turned out to be the perfect setting for an up and coming heavy band like The Warning.  I landed towards the back of the crowd on account of how long it took my friends and I to get there after work, but I still felt totally engaged and lucky to be as close as I was.  The stage show wasn't anything too fancy--some decent stage lighting and a big projection of the band's logo as their backdrop--so all attention was focused directly on the performance itself. And let me tell you, it was fantastic!  Right from the opening cut, I was giddy at how tight the playing was, and yet the live environment seemed to bring out an extra level of heaviness I hadn't registered on their albums.  No wonder Metallica and Halestorm picked up on them early.  Let's start with Ale, occupying stage right clad in a rolled up black AC/DC t-shirt, and wearing a subtle smirk near constantly. Though she's the least vocal of the trio, her muscular bass tone more than makes up for her somewhat soft spoken stage presence.  In fact, it's her thundering, stop-start baseline to Disciple which opens the show with a tangible thrill, perhaps taking a note of inspiration from one of her key influences, Chris Wolstenholme, in that choice.  Many bass players have been written off by history as disposable, or otherwise unremarkable; Ale is not one of these.  Her bass playing noses along like a great white shark, always dangerous and always pushing straight ahead, threatening to break water and take a bite. Meanwhile Pau and Dani's own powerful playing is further accentuated by their massive voices and dutiful showmanship.  Pau especially is hard to look away from behind the kit, sitting with what must be picture perfect posture when she isn't careening wildly backwards and forwards, and throwing a free fist high in the air any time she can pull one away.  Which isn't to say she sacrifices any of her playing at the expense of challenging Dani for the spotlight. On the contrary, the complexity and musicality of her drumming is executed to a frightening degree of perfection on every song, even as I question how well she can hear what her hands and feet are doing over her high soprano screams.  But it's not Pau who takes lead on most of the band's set.  That role goes to Dani, guitar slinging, larynx defying Dani.  The eldest sibling of the three (still two years younger than me!), Dani takes on that most coveted and perhaps over mythologized role in any great rock band: front woman. Her guitar work is varied, layered, and righteous, as she switches from riffs, to rhythms, to solos and sound effects without missing a beat, or spending too much time shoe gazing. Because she doesn't have time to waste staring at her frets or pedalboard, being the voice of the band between songs, and the conductor of the crowd during them.  If you know the words, you can't help but try and sing and scream along as Dani effortlessly sends her calloused rasp high up above most of the crowd's ranges (including mine).  The melodies are too strong not to go for, too awe inspiring, even if most end up falling hopelessly short when she breaks into the chorus of Choke or Disciple.  But regardless of our physical limitations, Dani is charismatic in complimenting the fans' voices and memorized lyrics, and gives them multiple features throughout the set, stepping away from the mic for a line or two as a friendly challenge.  The crowd happily fills in without hesitation, be it on long awaited deep cut "XXI Century Blood" or new live behemoth "Money" (this one in particular had to have been written with this kind of audience participation in mind).  The setlist includes nearly every cut from their most recent album, ERROR, and I have to admit these songs do shine a bit brighter live than on the record.  Not to say the studio cuts are poorly executed, but it's obvious the stage is their natural habitat. Riffs that make you nod your head at home leave you with a sore neck the day after the show.  Choruses you thought you could sing in the shower show their insurmountable peaks in the pit.  The Warning has put out some excellent studio material (particularly their second album, Queen Of The Murder Scene), but it's as a live unit that they bring these songs fully to life.  They also do a sinister, harmony laden cover of Enter Sandman, in which they deftly get you used to their more nuanced interpretation of the tune before finally breaking into Kirk's infamous riff in the outro as a reward.  It takes guts to mess with perfection, but it takes talent and skill to rework it into something new and worthwhile. The Warning have all three.  They also have a new song, which had come out a few weeks before this show.  I hadn't sat down and listened to it prior to the concert, though I knew it would likely (and smartly) have been added to the setlist once it was released.  "More" leans into dance-rock influences, but more in the vein of Supermassive Black Hole or Miss Murder than Take Me Out or Somebody Told Me. A dirty riff and sinister groove break into a particularly excellent chorus, with plenty of hooks in between.  Hearing it live before hearing the studio version is a little quirk I will happily remember, as the thrill of hearing a "new" song live is rarely paired with the thrill of said "new" song being one of the band's best.  The band closed with a one song encore of perhaps the heaviest track they've done to date, Evolve. And as the night closed I waited in the merch/meet line hoping to get a chance to meet the band.  My only disappointment of the night was that after nearly 45 minutes of waiting, the venue staff told us the headliner would not be coming out for a meet and greet, but I made do with a sick t-shirt and some iHop as a late late dinner before boarding the bus back to DC.  Overall, it was a fantastic show, and I can't wait to see them again.

tl;dr I loved it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

So I saw The Warning a few weeks ago now in Baltimore. The venue was a large GA floor with a nicely sized stage, no foxed seating anywhere. This turned out to be the perfect setting for an up and coming heavy band like The Warning.  I landed towards the back of the crowd on account of how long it took my friends and I to get there after work, but I still felt totally engaged and lucky to be as close as I was.  The stage show wasn't anything too fancy--some decent stage lighting and a big projection of the band's logo as their backdrop--so all attention was focused directly on the performance itself. And let me tell you, it was fantastic!  Right from the opening cut, I was giddy at how tight the playing was, and yet the live environment seemed to bring out an extra level of heaviness I hadn't registered on their albums.  No wonder Metallica and Halestorm picked up on them early.  Let's start with Ale, occupying stage right clad in a rolled up black AC/DC t-shirt, and wearing a subtle smirk near constantly. Though she's the least vocal of the trio, her muscular bass tone more than makes up for her somewhat soft spoken stage presence.  In fact, it's her thundering, stop-start baseline to Disciple which opens the show with a tangible thrill, perhaps taking a note of inspiration from one of her key influences, Chris Wolstenholme, in that choice.  Many bass players have been written off by history as disposable, or otherwise unremarkable; Ale is not one of these.  Her bass playing noses along like a great white shark, always dangerous and always pushing straight ahead, threatening to break water and take a bite. Meanwhile Pau and Dani's own powerful playing is further accentuated by their massive voices and dutiful showmanship.  Pau especially is hard to look away from behind the kit, sitting with what must be picture perfect posture when she isn't careening wildly backwards and forwards, and throwing a free fist high in the air any time she can pull one away.  Which isn't to say she sacrifices any of her playing at the expense of challenging Dani for the spotlight. On the contrary, the complexity and musicality of her drumming is executed to a frightening degree of perfection on every song, even as I question how well she can hear what her hands and feet are doing over her high soprano screams.  But it's not Pau who takes lead on most of the band's set.  That role goes to Dani, guitar slinging, larynx defying Dani.  The eldest sibling of the three (still two years younger than me!), Dani takes on that most coveted and perhaps over mythologized role in any great rock band: front woman. Her guitar work is varied, layered, and righteous, as she switches from riffs, to rhythms, to solos and sound effects without missing a beat, or spending too much time shoe gazing. Because she doesn't have time to waste staring at her frets or pedalboard, being the voice of the band between songs, and the conductor of the crowd during them.  If you know the words, you can't help but try and sing and scream along as Dani effortlessly sends her calloused rasp high up above most of the crowd's ranges (including mine).  The melodies are too strong not to go for, too awe inspiring, even if most end up falling hopelessly short when she breaks into the chorus of Choke or Disciple.  But regardless of our physical limitations, Dani is charismatic in complimenting the fans' voices and memorized lyrics, and gives them multiple features throughout the set, stepping away from the mic for a line or two as a friendly challenge.  The crowd happily fills in without hesitation, be it on long awaited deep cut "XXI Century Blood" or new live behemoth "Money" (this one in particular had to have been written with this kind of audience participation in mind).  The setlist includes nearly every cut from their most recent album, ERROR, and I have to admit these songs do shine a bit brighter live than on the record.  Not to say the studio cuts are poorly executed, but it's obvious the stage is their natural habitat. Riffs that make you nod your head at home leave you with a sore neck the day after the show.  Choruses you thought you could sing in the shower show their insurmountable peaks in the pit.  The Warning has put out some excellent studio material (particularly their second album, Queen Of The Murder Scene), but it's as a live unit that they bring these songs fully to life.  They also do a sinister, harmony laden cover of Enter Sandman, in which they deftly get you used to their more nuanced interpretation of the tune before finally breaking into Kirk's infamous riff in the outro as a reward.  It takes guts to mess with perfection, but it takes talent and skill to rework it into something new and worthwhile. The Warning have all three.  They also have a new song, which had come out a few weeks before this show.  I hadn't sat down and listened to it prior to the concert, though I knew it would likely (and smartly) have been added to the setlist once it was released.  "More" leans into dance-rock influences, but more in the vein of Supermassive Black Hole or Miss Murder than Take Me Out or Somebody Told Me. A dirty riff and sinister groove break into a particularly excellent chorus, with plenty of hooks in between.  Hearing it live before hearing the studio version is a little quirk I will happily remember, as the thrill of hearing a "new" song live is rarely paired with the thrill of said "new" song being one of the band's best.  The band closed with a one song encore of perhaps the heaviest track they've done to date, Evolve. And as the night closed I waited in the merch/meet line hoping to get a chance to meet the band.  My only disappointment of the night was that after nearly 45 minutes of waiting, the venue staff told us the headliner would not be coming out for a meet and greet, but I made do with a sick t-shirt and some iHop as a late late dinner before boarding the bus back to DC.  Overall, it was a fantastic show, and I can't wait to see them again.

tl;dr I loved it.

Great review. You summed up what makes them so great not only as a band but as individual performers as well. I'm still waiting to see them live but apparently they are unaware that there are other places to play in New York state outside of NYC. I'm still hoping they will add some more shows to the new ones they announced for August. If they can't play here or somewhere else in the state I'm hoping they might add a Pittsburgh or Cleveland show as both of those cities aren't an extremely long drive from where I live in Buffalo.

Did someone say there was a chance of meeting them at the merch booth after the show? I have never heard of them doing that. They do meet and greets before the show like all bands these days. You have to purchase that with your ticket but their meet and greets sell out fast. So if you don't get tickets right after they go on sale then you're pretty much out of luck. I've never heard anything about them hanging out at the tour bus greeting fans either. Once the show is done they're pretty much out of sight unless it's a special circumstance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Great review. You summed up what makes them so great not only as a band but as individual performers as well. I'm still waiting to see them live but apparently they are unaware that there are other places to play in New York state outside of NYC. I'm still hoping they will add some more shows to the new ones they announced for August. If they can't play here or somewhere else in the state I'm hoping they might add a Pittsburgh or Cleveland show as both of those cities aren't an extremely long drive from where I live in Buffalo.

Did someone say there was a chance of meeting them at the merch booth after the show? I have never heard of them doing that. They do meet and greets before the show like all bands these days. You have to purchase that with your ticket but their meet and greets sell out fast. So if you don't get tickets right after they go on sale then you're pretty much out of luck. I've never heard anything about them hanging out at the tour bus greeting fans either. Once the show is done they're pretty much out of sight unless it's a special circumstance.

One of the openers was doing a meet and greet at the merch tables after the show, and the line I got into turned out to be just people waiting to see if The Warning would do the same. Rumor got around somehow that they would. Good to know that they do those before the show.

I hope they come up your way too! And before they’ve moved up to super large venues.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

One of the openers was doing a meet and greet at the merch tables after the show, and the line I got into turned out to be just people waiting to see if The Warning would do the same. Rumor got around somehow that they would. Good to know that they do those before the show.

I hope they come up your way too! And before they’ve moved up to super large venues.

Some people may have thought they were coming out if the opener was doing it. But meet and greet before the show has always been what they do for headlining shows. It's crazy how a rumor can spread in a large group of people. If they were going to come out after the show they would announce it. They are far too nice to not say something like that. For this tour you got a signed picture by them for the meet and greet but if you have something you want them to sign they will no problem. Fans also bring them gifts. If you want a picture with them and honestly who wouldn't? You can give your phone to their manager and he will take the picture. I think the meet and greet is somewhere in the $100 range.

I still think they'll have another album and tour before they might move up to bigger venues in the US. I don't have much faith in them becoming massive since the modern rock scene kind of sucks in this country and the band has a label that does a half ass job of promoting their music.

• Like 2

I hade taken a bit of a break from The Warning.  The sort of brake awesome bands need  - it makes you appreciate just how amazing they are when you go back to them.  Plus it gave me a chance to spend some time exploring other groups (some of which turned out to be really good - miracle of miracles since, as has been said, the modern rock scene such's in the US).

So tonight I went back to them and watched 2 of their shows in Europe.  WOW!!  Perhaps I just caught really good shows, or perhaps its just me, but have they taken another big step forward with their live performances?  It seems like the are noticeably better than even when they toured in Canada over the fall / winter.  Pau's drumming (which I have always really liked) seems to have gotten much, much better.

The Madrid show really good but the Berlin show was just mind blowing - you could tell they were having a great time.  The normally reserved Ale was smiling ear to ear and singing along during Evolve when she had no need to (i.e. she was not even close to her mike).  Pau was smiling even more than normal and Dany was Dany.  The German crowd was awesome.  Who would have guessed they would know the words to some of the older songs like "Survive:?  They even had a small mosh thing going. Really good camera work from those who filmed that show.  Martin filmed the Madrid show (normally an indication that it will be a good video) but I thought he was outdone by some of these at the Berlin show.

Glad I went and watched these shows.

The only thing that did not wow me was the new song.  This was basically the first I have listened to it.  That being said, it the first time I have heard a song by The Warning and not been impressed right away.  Perhaps it will grow on me.  But it was just ok - at this point.

• Like 1