Eric Clapton is quite the _______ (fill in the blank with your own word)

Fordgalaxy

I don't think I ever wanted political opinions from the guy that stole his best friend's wife.

I won’t deny there is a lot of assholery in Clapton’s life, but you might want to examine whether he actually stole Harrison’s wife. From Wikipedia:

In March 1970, a month before the Beatles' break-up, Boyd moved with Harrison to Friar Park, a Victorianneo-Gothic mansion in Henley-on-Thames.[92] By this point, Harrison's devotion to Indian spirituality, particularly the Hare Krishna movement, had begun to divide the couple.[78][93] They were also unsuccessful in starting a family, and Harrison would not consider adoption.[94][nb 8] Boyd resumed her modelling career in May 1971, in defiance of Harrison's spiritual convictions.[96][97] In 1973, she had an affair with Facesguitarist Ronnie Wood[98] while Harrison romanced Wood's wife Krissie.[99] Boyd said her decision to leave Harrison, in July 1974, was based largely on his repeated infidelities, culminating in his affair with [Ringo] Starr's wife Maureen, which Boyd called "the final straw".

No question that George bears plenty of the blame for the dissolution of his marriage himself, as is usually true. But, without checking the sources, that certainly reads like it came from Boyd or people sympathetic to her. Clapton didn't break up their marriage, but Clapton definitely made his feelings for her known for a long time before their marriage ended (George once famously asked Patti at a party if she was coming home or going home with Clapton), and in the end, he did end up marrying her. Speaking for myself, if I were single, I would NEVER date a good friend's ex-wife.

Great music. Indeed.

FTFY

• Like 1

I don't think I ever wanted political opinions from the guy that stole his best friend's wife.

I won’t deny there is a lot of assholery in Clapton’s life, but you might want to examine whether he actually stole Harrison’s wife. From Wikipedia:

In March 1970, a month before the Beatles' break-up, Boyd moved with Harrison to Friar Park, a Victorianneo-Gothic mansion in Henley-on-Thames.[92] By this point, Harrison's devotion to Indian spirituality, particularly the Hare Krishna movement, had begun to divide the couple.[78][93] They were also unsuccessful in starting a family, and Harrison would not consider adoption.[94][nb 8] Boyd resumed her modelling career in May 1971, in defiance of Harrison's spiritual convictions.[96][97] In 1973, she had an affair with Facesguitarist Ronnie Wood[98] while Harrison romanced Wood's wife Krissie.[99] Boyd said her decision to leave Harrison, in July 1974, was based largely on his repeated infidelities, culminating in his affair with [Ringo] Starr's wife Maureen, which Boyd called "the final straw".

No question that George bears plenty of the blame for the dissolution of his marriage himself, as is usually true. But, without checking the sources, that certainly reads like it came from Boyd or people sympathetic to her. Clapton didn't break up their marriage, but Clapton definitely made his feelings for her known for a long time before their marriage ended (George once famously asked Patti at a party if she was coming home or going home with Clapton), and in the end, he did end up marrying her. Speaking for myself, if I were single, I would NEVER date a good friend's ex-wife.

Great music. Indeed.

FTFY.

FTFY. lol

• Like 1

Excuse me, but I don’t want to live in a world where Derek and the Dominos and Wonderful Tonight don’t exist.

I think it’s a bit more fair to say that all these people were cheating scumbags, like a majority of the people in their line of work. Rush might be the exception that proves the rule, but even Alex was a bit of an asshole in his youth, as that documentary he was in confirms.

She influenced Something and Isn't a Pity (from All Things Must Pass) as well. I think her autobiography's title has something to do with all the songs she inspired.

George with Maureen is about as bad as it gets.

Is the Alex documentary Behind the Lighted Stage, or is there one I missed?

• Like 2

"As with any break up, Eric was just a symptom."

71e41200-8215-4a36-a525-5a8790bbe914_text.gif

• Like 1

This one: Come On, Children

Alex, the angry teen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M977GFRWDmY

Full Doc:

Regardless, my point still stands.

This one: Come On, Children

Alex, the angry teen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M977GFRWDmY

Full Doc:

That's the same stock footage as used in Beyond the Lighted Stage, isn't it?

It's from a Canadian documentary, originally.

In this case, the word I'd use is douchebag. He sued a German woman for a trying to sell a 30 year old burned cd of one of his live shows. Her now dead husband burned it to listen to and she decided to sell it. Now she has to pay $4000 in court fees, including his (he's worth an estimated $300,000,000). Add this to his anti-vaccine crap and his racist rants from many years ago, and it seems like he's just not a very nice person.

Bitter, old man

Eric Clapton is not happy with the bootleg scene and has gone the extra mile to secure his artistry.

As noted by Guitar World, Clapton has successfully sued a 55-year-old German widow in a copyright infringement case for posting a bootleg live CD on eBay for $11. In court papers, the woman, who is referred to as Gabrielle P, will have to pay court costs for herself and the musician, totaling $4,000.

The item up for debate is a burned copy of one of his records called Live USA, which was purchased by Gabriele P's late husband at a department store more than three decades ago. The defendant put the CD on eBay for about $11 in July and was set to profit an estimated $9.30 after fees.

As the story goes, Clapton caught wind of the listing and filed an affidavit with the court over the illegal nature of the album. The Düsseldorf Regional Court has since ruled in Clapton’s favor.

Clapton's lawsuit is just the latest headline-making story for the musician. Last year, he denounced state-mandated lockdowns during the COVID-19 outbreaks and even refused to perform in venues where unvaccinated concert-goers were banned from attendance.

This is an amazing thread! There is so much I want to say about Eric CRAPtonofshit. But I won't.

"Eric Crapton is quite the most overrated piece of human shit guitar players on the planet Earth."

Your only good guitar playing is when you were on heroin you fuckkin loser!

I dated a friend's ex-girlfriend one time. It was a big mistake. Your feelings on the matter are spot on imo.

In this case, the word I'd use is douchebag. He sued a German woman for a trying to sell a 30 year old burned cd of one of his live shows. Her now dead husband burned it to listen to and she decided to sell it. Now she has to pay $4000 in court fees, including his (he's worth an estimated $300,000,000). Add this to his anti-vaccine crap and his racist rants from many years ago, and it seems like he's just not a very nice person.

Bitter, old man

Eric Clapton is not happy with the bootleg scene and has gone the extra mile to secure his artistry.

As noted by Guitar World, Clapton has successfully sued a 55-year-old German widow in a copyright infringement case for posting a bootleg live CD on eBay for $11. In court papers, the woman, who is referred to as Gabrielle P, will have to pay court costs for herself and the musician, totaling $4,000.

The item up for debate is a burned copy of one of his records called Live USA, which was purchased by Gabriele P's late husband at a department store more than three decades ago. The defendant put the CD on eBay for about $11 in July and was set to profit an estimated $9.30 after fees.

As the story goes, Clapton caught wind of the listing and filed an affidavit with the court over the illegal nature of the album. The Düsseldorf Regional Court has since ruled in Clapton’s favor.

Clapton's lawsuit is just the latest headline-making story for the musician. Last year, he denounced state-mandated lockdowns during the COVID-19 outbreaks and even refused to perform in venues where unvaccinated concert-goers were banned from attendance.

This is an amazing thread! There is so much I want to say about Eric CRAPtonofshit. But I won't.

"Eric Crapton is quite the most overrated piece of human shit guitar players on the planet Earth."

Your only good guitar playing is when you were on heroin you fuckkin loser!

He wasn't on heroin when he was in Cream and that was his best work imo.

That said, he's not a decent human being.