Dusty Hill, RIP

JohnRogers

Heard this sad news yesterday morning. :(

Rest in peace, Dusty. :rose: I played a few ZZ Top songs on my bass late in the evening to honour your music.

• Like 1

Billy Gibbons said recently that a new ZZ Top album was being recorded. So whether it'll be finished now or not, or if it is, will it feature Dusty's bass parts, I don't know.

Billy also said that Dusty gave the ok for the band to finish this tour. I guess what ever the issue was, Dusty knew he might not be back to finish it. I guess Dusty's bass tech will fill in for the rest of the tour.

Unless they decide to get someone more permanent. Or maybe this guy will be the bass player from now on.

As long as it's not the groomer from Megadeth. Bassist sells but nobody's buying him.

To my knowledge, the only band where the original members stayed together without ever breaking up (sit back down Aerosmith) for over 50 years and the only band together continuously longer than Neil, Ged and Al.

RIP Dusty.

U2 still has all their original members since the band formed in 1976.

Yeah U2 has outlasted Rush. 52 years for the Top

Pity U2 have sucked for years. They sound like those poppy faux "rock" bands like Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons now and Boner is a self righteous wanker who simps for Monsanto.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Billy Gibbons said recently that a new ZZ Top album was being recorded. So whether it'll be finished now or not, or if it is, will it feature Dusty's bass parts, I don't know.

Billy also said that Dusty gave the ok for the band to finish this tour. I guess what ever the issue was, Dusty knew he might not be back to finish it. I guess Dusty's bass tech will fill in for the rest of the tour.

Unless they decide to get someone more permanent. Or maybe this guy will be the bass player from now on.

As long as it's not the groomer from Megadeth. Bassist sells but nobody's buying him.

I'm still confused on the whole Dave Ellefson thing. Obviously there's footage of him that's pretty compromising, but I thought I'd read that the girl who was also in that footage denied having been groomed and denied having ever done anything inappropriate while she was underaged. Please tell me if my info is faulty.

What about this guy?? He's an obvious choice, a great bass player, around the same age, and he has the beard too! And he's a fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYe248sgoc

Yes, another legend. :ebert: Leland and his Producer Switch.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

I'm still confused on the whole Dave Ellefson thing. Obviously there's footage of him that's pretty compromising, but I thought I'd read that the girl who was also in that footage denied having been groomed and denied having ever done anything inappropriate while she was underaged. Please tell me if my info is faulty.

I'll say this much, even if he didn't groom her and even if he didn't fukk her (both claims are questionable imo) when she was underage, just the fact that he was talking about things of a sexual nature and had obvious interest in an underage GIRL is fukking wrong, wrong and oh yeah, WRONG. It's scumbag bullshit, pure and simple and the effects of sexual abuse on underage children (yes, they are children) are often devastating. I saw it first hand when I worked as a group home counselor for pre-teens and teens.

• Like 2

I'll say this much, even if he didn't groom her and even if he didn't fukk her (both claims are questionable imo) when she was underage, just the fact that he was talking about things of a sexual nature and had obvious interest in an underage GIRL is fukking wrong, wrong and oh yeah, WRONG. It's scumbag bullshit, pure and simple and the effects of sexual abuse on underage children (yes, they are children) are often devastating. I saw it first hand when I worked as a group home counselor for pre-teens and teens.

I believe this piece of shit was also working with kids, and is currently a pastor.

Ok let's keep Dave Ellefson and his predilections out of this thread. This is the Dusty Hill respect thread, let's get back on track people. :hail:

Noted and noted.

Here's footage of ZZ Top returning to the stage since the passing of Dusty Hill.

Elwood Francis has a beard now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jAF0IRyew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFO5OiCxHog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NnETFezxEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4qM3W1UuGk

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1