Metallica Black Album 30th anniversary reissue.

f**k that for a game of soldiers......The Black album marks the point when Metallica became for me corporate stadium rockers...undoubdedly there are some good moments on it, but I see them as a different and inferior band from this point......as for cover albums...meh meh meh....

You`re completely right - it`s the only Metallica record I bought as a teenager and that`s a terrible indictment for any self-respecting thrash band. You crossed into "accessible" and "popular" :tsk:

I couldn't give a shit whether its accessible and popular or not.......I just don't like it as much as their earlier stuff

Serious popularity is often a good sign that things have gone wrong somewhere.

Yeah like The Beatles, The Stones, Floyd....................

I`m not with the majority view there either :scared:

Black Album is the equal of MoP and RtL as the best Metallica album beginning to end. Filled with fantastic riffs and melodies. Top notch album that left the 80's metal boys in the rear view mirror

...AJFA is my favorite actually.

You heard And Justice For Jason which kind of includes the bass?

Edited by invisible airwave

Black Album is the equal of MoP and RtL as the best Metallica album beginning to end. Filled with fantastic riffs and melodies. Top notch album that left the 80's metal boys in the rear view mirror

You heard And Justice For Jason which kind of includes his bass?

I haven't listened to it, but it doesn't bother me that the bass is a phantom somewhere deep in the mix on the original. Justice being due to Jason for doing that without his permission aside, as an artistic choice it gives the record a distinctly cold, dry, and brutally direct sound that fits the themes and moods of the compositions. It's also poetically interesting since Cliff had just died to have inaudible bass. And hey, Jason himself has never complained about it that I've heard of. He wound up doing pretty well for himself as the bassist of the biggest metal band of all time when they hit their commercial peak!

• Like 1

The wrong is strong in this post....

• Like 3

Wow, I'm agreeing with you! :o ;)

I don't remember having a disagreement with you?.....

I don't remember having a disagreement with you?.....

No disagreement as such, I'm only joking.

It's only a few times you've been quite positive in your dislike of the odd tune which I've liked. See hl water's album ranking thread - where very few people seem to agree on all the tracks all of the time.

• Like 1

You heard And Justice For Jason which kind of includes his bass?

I haven't listened to it, but it doesn't bother me that the bass is a phantom somewhere deep in the mix on the original. Justice being due to Jason for doing that without his permission aside, as an artistic choice it gives the record a distinctly cold, dry, and brutally direct sound that fits the themes and moods of the compositions. It's also poetically interesting since Cliff had just died to have inaudible bass. And hey, Jason himself has never complained about it that I've heard of. He wound up doing pretty well for himself as the bassist of the biggest metal band of all time when they hit their commercial peak!

He did get hazed quite a bit, though. I remember that Behind The Music episode when they tricked him into eating wasabi by calling it green sauce. Les Claypool dodged a bullet there. :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Well, you all say what you want, I just pre-ordered the CD. I liked Miley Cyrus' take and am looking forward to hearing Ghost. I also really liked Ha*Ash's Unforgiven.
  • Like 1