Roll The Bones (1991): Songs Elimination (Round 8)

_hi_water._

20 members have voted

1. 1. Eliminate:

Ghost Of A Chance is wimpy as heck. Don't really get what other people see in it. A good Lifeson solo doesn't save it from the chopping block in my book.

The mood and the vibe.

I think they nailed this song on tour in 2008. Had it ended up on CP sounding like that, I suspect it would have been appreciated more (then again, CP is the last Rush album for me where I would not skip any songs).

Well I'd like anything from RTB more if it had CP's production. Best sounding album since Signal's, though I wouldn't really want GuP, PoW, or HYF done with different production. Wouldn't fit the songs.

Ghost Of A Chance is wimpy as heck. Don't really get what other people see in it. A good Lifeson solo doesn't save it from the chopping block in my book.

The mood and the vibe.

I think they nailed this song on tour in 2008. Had it ended up on CP sounding like that, I suspect it would have been appreciated more (then again, CP is the last Rush album for me where I would not skip any songs).

Well I'd like anything from RTB more if it had CP's production. Best sounding album since Signal's, though I wouldn't really want GuP, PoW, or HYF done with different production. Wouldn't fit the songs.

Sure, the production is great on CP, but it's wasted with that content.

The mood and the vibe.

I think with all the mid '80s to '90s albums, the songs sounded way better when they played them live.

I think with all the mid '80s to '90s albums, the songs sounded way better when they played them live.

I will chalk this up to using Les Pauls and Jazz Basses rather than the equipment they used at that time.

• Like 1

This album peaked at #3 on Billboard. Signals peaked at #182.

What?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signals_(Rush_album)

This says #10.

edit: nvm. Thought you were arguing the RtB data.

Signals did very well, Goose must have known that? Don't know where the #182 came from.

Edited by Mosher

edit: nvm. Thought you were arguing the RtB data.

Signals did very well, Goose must have known that? Don't know where the #182 came from.

Troll the bones!
  • Like 3