THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

i've now officially lost 20 lbs since late october, so i managed to do that in about half a month's time. after losing 20 more i'll be down to 12-13% bodyfat, which is a good goal.

200 -> 180 (now) -> between 160/170. then i can get back to weight training and toning abs.

no real reason other than to be happier when i look at myself in the mirror after a shower or brushing teeth. i am inc*l narcissus

congratulations on the adonis bod but isn’t that a bit rapid for weight loss?

anna karenina was a good read for me mr. not, i think you might like it if you’re looking for stuff that is full of meaning and character (bartlett translation)

camus is just a normie chadsplaining basic problems; i like beauvoir better

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

yeah i think it'd be better to live in quite a few european countries rather than america. would have been nice. oh well.

careful what you wish for, you could be reincarnated as an eastern european

• Like 1

i've now officially lost 20 lbs since late october, so i managed to do that in about half a month's time. after losing 20 more i'll be down to 12-13% bodyfat, which is a good goal.

200 -> 180 (now) -> between 160/170. then i can get back to weight training and toning abs.

no real reason other than to be happier when i look at myself in the mirror after a shower or brushing teeth. i am inc*l narcissus

I lost 30 lbs in three months a couple of years ago, and that seemed rapid to me (and to everyone around me). 20 lbs in two weeks is rapid as hell, to the point that I didn't think it was physically possible without prison camp-style deprivation. It's easy to say it's too rapid but as long as Not is feeling good, I guess that's all that matters. Not, how did you do it?

• Like 2

I lost 30 lbs in three months a couple of years ago, and that seemed rapid to me (and to everyone around me). 20 lbs in two weeks is rapid as hell, to the point that I didn't think it was physically possible without prison camp-style deprivation. It's easy to say it's too rapid but as long as Not is feeling good, I guess that's all that matters. Not, how did you do it?

i lost 30lbs in 3 months from eating 900 calories a day and over exercising. dark times. 20lbs in two weeks is alarming.

i lost 30lbs in 3 months from eating 900 calories a day and over exercising. dark times. 20lbs in two weeks is alarming.

I personally really wanna lose three pounds

• Like 1

alright, i'll give you a tl;dr but also say more in case you're interested: large glycine supplementation, intense calorie restriction (<1,000 per meal), green tea all day (then ashwagandha in the afternoon), and i've switched between 24 hrs without food up to 48 hrs without. i'll usually have a protein shake in the morning depending on how i feel. i've still been doing cardio daily, 10k-20k steps, sometimes wearing a weighted vest of ~30lbs to intensify the workout.

this practice has taken over my life for the time being - but it's turning out to be good because the physical 'pain' and lack of energy have made it so i'm in a clearer head space (other factors are playing into this too), and i've been spending more time recording music, playing guitar, reading/writing, etc, while also deciding to eliminate bad practices: i'm taking a break from certain social media circles (again), drinking alcohol (obviously), and touching myself; so in other words i've been transforming into some sort of monk. and it's funny, because i've come to realize the reason monks must be so content to do nothing all day, sit around and meditate, must largely have to do with the fact that they've deprived themselves of energy. they fast in order to practice humility, meanwhile i'm doing it with vain end goals in mind, but i don't think i'm a vain person overall so that's fine.

so yeah, i'm doing the "monk fast", which is when you do 36 hour abstinence cycles before the next meal. it's pretty fun because you alternate between breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on when you start your cycle. sometimes i'll cheat a protein shake (200 calories, 40g protein) in, within 2 hours of sleep or waking. my sleep's improved too. it's fine to be skeptical, and the fat burn rate is going down now - i've only lost 4 pounds these past 7 days. there's a lot of different things i'm doing, and one of them is some serious calorie restriction, so i'll just have to be careful to eat a moderate amount when i do go back to eating once or twice a day with the standard 8/16 fast cycle - this way i don't shock my metabolism and put back on weight rapidly. i eat around 1,000 calories per meal or less, so this means i'm getting about a fourth of the recommended caloric intake for my age/gender/height. i've been supplementing with glycine - and i mean a lot of glycine. i've done a fair amount of research on it and people don't experience any notable side effects taking it even if they dose up a little beyond 90g per day. i'm not taking quiet that much, but i'm taking much more than the "recommended" 2-3g per day. people usually take glycine to help with sleep, but it doesn't effect my drowsiness, but it's also said to promote energy, so i really think it depends on whether or not you're used to taking it. i take 5-10g a few times throughout the day, and i cap off at 40-60g. this is the amount people who are schizophrenic will take as an aid to their schizophrenia. the reason i'm taking glycine is because it's said to help with brain function, it accelerates fat burning (that's key!), and as a main component of creatine it helps build muscle, or in my case it's said to maintain it while losing weight. i'm no doctor or health expert, and a lot of these claims haven't been tested extensively clinically, but speaking as my own test subject: it seems to be having many more positive effects than bad, even if it's placebo -- but with such a high dose i doubt that it's placebo... i drink green tea from the moment shortly after i wake up and then for hours thru (oh, i've also eliminated energy drinks as of last week, another good change) - green tea is said to help speed up the metabolism, and i already have always had a naturally fast metabolism. it's thanks to my mother - you should see how incredibly in shape she is for a woman now in her early 60s. i'll start the day off with a walk sometimes, a couple weeks ago my sleep schedule was 5/6pm - 2/3am, so it was really nice getting to walk around the town with no cars in sight. now that i'm sleeping from 9/10pm to 6 am i've been walking in circles in my backyard at around 9 am instead, lol.. usually with a weighted vest in order to speed up the workout, because i don't enjoy walking in circles or on a treadmill, it's much more fun to go from point A to point B and then back, one trip.

i usually feel pretty good until it's been too long since i last ate, i got bloodshot eyes two days ago, but usually i'll just feel fatigued. in case of fatigue i just drink a lot of water and sleep, and i'm prepared to cave in and break the fast if it feels like i really need to, just listening to my body. i've felt much worse in the past with intense hangovers, so this has all been relatively fine by me, resisting the desire to eat is the hardest part. again, if anything this intense physical feeling helps me get my mind off of the mental suffering - which is always much worse, so once i've lost the weight i'm definitely getting back to weight training or a physical job so i can be less in my head and more in my body.

• Like 2

yeah i think it'd be better to live in quite a few european countries rather than america. would have been nice. oh well.

careful what you wish for, you could be reincarnated as an eastern european

russia would be hell but the other ones don't seem so bad. the places in europe i know i wouldn't want to be right now are germany, france, the UK, portugal, spain, or greece. anywhere else i'd be pretty fine with i think.. scandinavia is the best though

i got my covid booster shot yesterday. it kicked my ass and i slept all day. i also slept all day because i was up until 5am talking to a potential fwb.

i started recording songs on monday, i have three done so far (excluding vocals) and plan on finishing seven for an album. all the songs are recorded at 177.7 BPM, with a single exception at 217.77 BPM -- angel #

at this rate i should be done with all the instrumental tracks by the end of sunday, but lyrics/vocals are a separate beast. once i get half of the songs completely done i'll look into commissioning someone for the album cover

• Like 2

i got my covid booster shot yesterday. it kicked my ass and i slept all day. i also slept all day because i was up until 5am talking to a potential fwb.

Very interested in what your criteria for choosing a fwb is if you're willing to share. I know there are women who do go this route but it's rare at least with older ladies.

Edited by driventotheedge