Name your top 5 Blue Oyster Cult albums

treeduck

It's a band I only knew the radio hits, saw them on the Imaginos tour and had a blast. Got Bloom/Lanier/Roeser to sign the t-shirt I bought at the show. Bought the Career of Evil disc after that and liked it but never pursued them much until recently. Listened to a bootleg on YT and thought I need more BOC in my life, so I bought the box set "The Columbia Years". Working my way through chronologically, and Spectres is on deck. Really diggin' it. I think Secret Treaties is my fave so far
  • Like 1

No Spectres, Duckworth? It's definitely top 5 for me. I do kinda have trouble with Tyranny, though.

I'll also take

Blue Oyster Cult

Secret Treaties (So effing good!)

Fire Of Unknown Origin

Revolution By Night

That's five, but it leaves out Mirrors and Curse Of The Hidden Mirror. I can't leave those behind. Love this band.

• Like 2

1- Agents of Fortune (sorry Ducky :P but I love every song on this album)

2- Cultosaurus Erectus

3- Secret Treaties

4- Fire of Unknown origin

5- Blue Oyster Cult

You're MAD, you're a bloody madman, just like in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeNpo5dcdY&t=1s

:lol:
  • Like 1

1. Secret Treaties. One of my favourite albums by any artist of all time - sublime.

2. Blue Oyster Cult. Contains the magnificent Then Came The Last Days Of May.

3. Fire Of Unknown Origin.

4. Cultosaurus Erectus.

5. The Symbol Remains.

• Like 4

It's a band I only knew the radio hits, saw them on the Imaginos tour and had a blast. Got Bloom/Lanier/Roeser to sign the t-shirt I bought at the show. Bought the Career of Evil disc after that and liked it but never pursued them much until recently. Listened to a bootleg on YT and thought I need more BOC in my life, so I bought the box set "The Columbia Years". Working my way through chronologically, and Spectres is on deck. Really diggin' it. I think Secret Treaties is my fave so far

That box set is brilliant. You get 4 free live gigs as downloads too.

• Like 1

I've only heard two and a greatest hits...oh and a live album but it's not either of the two that people rave over.

I've got Imaginos and Agents Of Fortune. What should I get next?

I've only heard two and a greatest hits...oh and a live album but it's not either of the two that people rave over.

Try out one of the first three... slightly different earlier style. They're know as the Black and White Trilogy.

BTW, I just gave The Symbol Remains a listen. Wow, guys. Killer stuff. Glad to see the warped sense of humor is still intact, too.

• Like 3

I bought mine brand new but only recently - I didn't see a code coupon - will have to look closer, I hope they're still available as the box was issued a few years ago.

Try out one of the first three... slightly different earlier style. They're know as the Black and White Trilogy.

BTW, I just gave The Symbol Remains a listen. Wow, guys. Killer stuff. Glad to see the warped sense of humor is still intact, too.

Almost forgot to come back and check this thread for an answer! Which of the first three would you recommend first though??

Almost forgot to come back and check this thread for an answer! Which of the first three would you recommend first though??

Give Secret Treaties a try. I don't think there's a bad song on there.

• Like 2

I bought mine brand new but only recently - I didn't see a code coupon - will have to look closer, I hope they're still available as the box was issued a few years ago.

I got mine when it was released so maybe the downloads aren't available any more. I didn't consider that.

Give Secret Treaties a try. I don't think there's a bad song on there.

Agreed, and possibly the self titled first album as the next after Secret Treaties
  • Like 1