The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

And now a heavyweight scrap.

Then Lukaku wins. However, I wonder if those beautiful Italians haven`t something a little silkier up their short sleeves :wub:

Next you'll be telling us you like Verratti's eyes. :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

And now a heavyweight scrap.

Then Lukaku wins. However, I wonder if those beautiful Italians haven`t something a little silkier up their short sleeves :wub:

Next you'll be telling us you like Verratti's eyes. :eyeroll:

He`s such a dreamboat! Errrr... that was one of Sun & Moon`s :ph34r:
  • Like 4

A masterclass in how to wind the last ten minutes down ...... players going down like they had been hit in a heavyweight fight!!

I fancy Italy for the final. I can't see Spain beating them (another kiss of death moment!)

• Like 1

A masterclass in how to wind the last ten minutes down ...... players going down like they had been hit in a heavyweight fight!!

I fancy Italy for the final. I can't see Spain beating them (another kiss of death moment!)

Immobile's antics when Italy scored the first goal are already all over the internet. Italia - the original crybabies.
  • Like 2

Italy combine the guile and the gamesmanship; you`ve got yourself a tournament winning outfit right there. England need a bit of the latter if they`re to win tomorrow as Shevchenko will have instilled that in his team from his days in Italy. Be careful, leaden footed-Maguire and impetuous Stones!
  • Like 2

Immobile's antics when Italy scored the first goal are already all over the internet. Italia - the original crybabies.

But I love antics :D
  • Like 3

But I love antics :D

Made in Italy - in business since 1980s. :cool:
  • Like 4

It sure was a lush moment. One of the many things I love about Italian football. :D

• Like 2

Well, I guess we had to have one Evil Empire in the game at this point ( no, we didn't :rage: ) or the semifinals would be a bit boring.

To be honest, this Italian team, with their mixture of old guile, and a rejuvenated flair, are a spectacle worthy of the Colosseum!

54916890_303.jpg

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Well, I guess we had to have one Evil Empire in the game at this point ( no, we didn't :rage: ) or the semifinals would be a bit boring.

To be honest, this Italian team, with their mixture of old guile, and a rejuvenated flair, are a spectacle worthy of the Colosseum!

54916890_303.jpg

Yeah, but their best player was a Spaniard . . . .

• Like 2

I`m starting to feel there`s something sinister about Denmark. They were playing well coming into Euro 2020 but everything went through Eriksen! Based upon all the data, I can authoritatively declare that they have made a deal with the devil. They have traded their star No.10 for tournament success, just like Robert Johnson did in the 1932 Mississippi Open if I remember rightly.

It`s really bang out of order, when you think about it.

• Like 3

If this game goes to extra time, it`ll be walking pace. Everyone looks so sluggish that I could fit right in. Not looking like anyone has the energy to do anything too special :zzz:
  • Like 2

54916890_303.jpg

Yeah, Chellini's face would scare away all the gladiators.
  • Like 1

Czechs castrated one of our kings. Needless to say, I'm happy with the result. :tongue:

I`m trying to think of a match where you won`t have some historical slight attached... Fiji? Brunei? I`d say Mongolia but no doubt Attila the Hun looked at one of Krakow`s bridges in a slightly askance way.
  • Like 1

Czechs castrated one of our kings. Needless to say, I'm happy with the result. :tongue:

I doubt the King involved feels this is quid pro quo :scared:
  • Like 4

So now it is do or die time for England. This will be the easiest tie that they will face from now on.
  • Like 1

I doubt the King involved feels this is quid pro quo :scared:

It's all right, he already had a kid by then. :cool:
  • Like 1

So now it is do or die time for England. This will be the easiest tie that they will face from now on.

It`s so easy to imagine Yarmolenko scoring from a mile and England hitting all parts of the woodwork etc. Logically though, England should be able to dictate enough of the play with the midfield selections to create some real chances.
  • Like 2

It`s so easy to imagine Yarmolenko scoring from a mile and England hitting all parts of the woodwork etc. Logically though, England should be able to dictate enough of the play with the midfield selections to create some real chances.

3-0 England.
  • Like 2

3-0 England.

Blimey. I`ll watch a film instead then.
  • Like 2

3-0 England.

3 - 0 is reality. Remains to be seen if Ukraine can score.

• Like 1