RIP Frankie Banali, 69, of pancreatic cancer

laughedatbytime

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. What a way to pass away from. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Frankie.

I saw this yeah. I didn't realise Frankie played on two tracks of the Hughes/Thrall album. And I've had the album twice, maybe three times, read about it in KERRANG in 1982 when it came out, and I have the Rock Candy edition today and I still didn't know! I've seen this picture about 100 times too, I suppose I didn't realise it was him!

hughse-thrall%2Bband.jpg

RIP Frankie.

• Like 1

I saw this yeah. I didn't realise Frankie played on two tracks of the Hughes/Thrall album. And I've had the album twice, maybe three times, read about it in KERRANG in 1982 when it came out, and I have the Rock Candy edition today and I still didn't know! I've seen this picture about 100 times too, I suppose I didn't realise it was him!

hughse-thrall%2Bband.jpg

RIP Frankie.

He was one of Glenn Hughes' best friends, and died one day before Glenn's birthday +which is today). Glenn was actually the one who called Frankie to tell him that Kevin Dubrow had died.

• Like 2

Sad, followed his battle with cancer. Very scary disease. Then the recent stroke. I felt terrible for him and his loved ones... Edited by Pressure/Hopenosis
  • Like 1

Although he's probably better known for Quiet Riot, IMO, his best achievement was being on the best albums that W.A.S.P. ever did--Headless Children and Crimson Idol. Both were awesome albums, in no small part due to Frankie's drumming--especially Crimson Idol, where he often did a great job of channeling Keith Moon's fills.

RIP Frankie.