25th Anniversary Edition of Victor Coming Soon?

Jag2112

Will the music be different than the original?

the article was a little short of real info. i was unaware that marco minneman was involved with victor but he alludes to a an unreleased track. so if its true, it seems it will be the same music with bonus tracks???

I love 25th anniversary editions. They're the universe's reminder to finally go check out the pieces of art that I missed a quarter century earlier.

I have never heard Victor. What an oversight on my part.

Interesting...there are some very good songs on Victor, but I always thought the 'sound' was condensed, or flat.

The sound is absolutely brutal. It's mixed badly and mastered even worse. If he's re-releasing it, I hope he's getting someone to remaster it properly. I would definitely pay for a remaster.

• Like 2

If all listeners expect every single recording to be of 'Steely Dan' audio listening quality, it's not going to happen.

Perhaps the problem pertains to excessive noise pollution from everyday living where hearing is compromised with all recorded music being judged as sounding terrible.

For the albums that do receive the remixing treatment, there will be listeners complaining that the original sounds better.

You can't please everyone.

The wax build-up in an individual's ears is probably worse than the wax on vinyl records or vice versa.

Here's a couple of interesting articles below.

Nightmares on wax: the environmental impact of the vinyl revival

Expert Mastering Engineers Sound Off on Using Headphones for Audio Mastering

Edited by RushFanForever

If all listeners expect every single recording to be of 'Steely Dan' audio listening quality, it's not going to happen.

That's not even remotely what I'm saying. Victor sounds like ass, period. There are plenty of great-sounding hard rock albums from the 90s that it can be compared to, not least of which is Counterparts. (Which, for the record, doesn't sound one bit like Steely Dan.)

I discovered that the story of Sebastian Bach and the Victor collaboration that didn't come to be, was also published in a September 2014 interview from Goldmine Magazine here.

Alex is vague with his answer to the above mentioned scenario from this 1996 Rockline interview here.

Edited by RushFanForever

Will the music be different than the original?

the article was a little short of real info. i was unaware that marco minneman was involved with victor but he alludes to a an unreleased track. so if its true, it seems it will be the same music with bonus tracks???

It's probably a new track (wish there were more, but I'm getting this anyway) Marco was unfortunately not involved in 1995 when it was recorded. Hopefully, Sean McGee does the mastering.

Think I'll pull this one off of the shelf after Fish on Friday.

• Like 1