Primus to play AFTK on next tour!

tangy

I'm looking forward to hearing madrigal with claypool's f***ed up residents vocals

One of my favorite Rush songs .. it will be cool to hear it live, but not so cool if he butchers it. I don’t mind quirky or unique singing styles. But that Spirit of Radio rendition just sounds bad to me.

My brother just texted me telling me this. Pretty cool. I actually didn't know Primus were that big into Rush. I thought they were more into King Crimson. Anyway, cool to hear this. I'm not that much of a Primus fan(although I like some of their stuff)but cool to hear anyway.

Do a search and find the 1990s fishing story of Les, Larry, and Geddy on Les’ boat. Gilligan’s Island on the boat

Is there a youtube video or something? I might look into that. I know Les was featured in the Beyond the Lighted Stage but then again so was Jack Black. So I wasn't really surprised he was influence just didn't know he was big into them enough to do a tribute like this. Now, the foo fighters on the other hand seem to be known for being Rush fantatics and maybe also Tool. I just don't hear it much in Primus's music I suppose.

Edited by New_World_Man

My brother just texted me telling me this. Pretty cool. I actually didn't know Primus were that big into Rush. I thought they were more into King Crimson. Anyway, cool to hear this. I'm not that much of a Primus fan(although I like some of their stuff)but cool to hear anyway.

Do a search and find the 1990s fishing story of Les, Larry, and Geddy on Les’ boat. Gilligan’s Island on the boat

Is there a youtube video or something? I might look into that. I know Les was featured in the Beyond the Lighted Stage but then again so was Jack Black. So I wasn't really surprised he was influence just didn't know he was big into them enough to do a tribute like this. Now, the foo fighters on the other hand seem to be known for being Rush fantatics and maybe also Tool. I just don't hear it much in Primus's music I suppose.

No video for what I’m talking about. It was an article I read. The incident I’m talking about happened in the 90s when they opened for Rush. By all accounts, the two bands got along well on those two tours. Les & Geddy have remained friends since then. You should find the article because my retelling of it won’t do it justice.

Primus has been playing snippets or entire Rush songs in concert for 30 years.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

No video for what I’m talking about. It was an article I read. The incident I’m talking about happened in the 90s when they opened for Rush. By all accounts, the two bands got along well on those two tour. Les & Geddy have remained friends since then. You should find the article because my retelling of it won’t do it justice.

Ok, now I have to jump in here.

It's so true JB.

I've seen Primus over 30 times in my life since 1989. I mentioned this before, but during the release of "Suck On This" Primus played at my Junior College cafeteria. I along with three of my buddies tried to get in but the fire marshal came by and it was over capacity.

We had to hear them jam outside the brick walls.

I even shot pool with Les once. Decades ago.

I've seen Fishbone come up on stage in Santa Rosa and jam with Primus.

JB is so right, I mean even when they opened for RUSH Les always would play the intro to "Cygnus X-1"

When I saw Primus play all of "Frizzle Fry" at The Greek in Berkeley. They ended the show 3 minutes early, so they played YYZ until curfew. 11 pm sharp.

I mean come on guys, Primus even opens "Suck On This" with homage to YYZ.

PRIMUS IS MODERN RUSH!!!

I mean I get it. Primus went in a direction I didn't care for once Tim left the band. I've chatted with Tim a few times in my life as well. Extremely Neil influenced.

I didn't like the Brain Era of Primus.

I was happy that Tim went back into the band. Glad he survived that scary heart surgery. So happy he is healthy.

But then I hated the Willy Wonka Record. I don't get it. Even their last album has a few good tunes, but they are just weird now.

After Pork Soda and Tales From The Punch Bowl I kind of lost it for them.

But I will always see them live when I can.

I saw them twice a few years ago. Tahoe and Berkeley. Great sets.

I saw them open for Slayer and since their set list was condensed they didn't fuckk around with new shit. Great set list. "Cygnus X-1" made my night.

I remember seeing Primus open for RUSH in Oakland.

Les took a few minutes out of the set to talk about where he sat there in 1981 on the "Moving Pictures" Tour. Les is a Rush Fan Boi like all of us. Well I am and proud of it.

I remember before they played "Cygnus" in Oakland, Les talked for a few minutes again about his love for RUSH and that he saw them in Oakland on the Moving Pictures Tour..

I can't wait for the Q&A meet and greet this summer with Primus.

I already have a few choice questions in my head, and I will be wearing my "Hemispheres" tee shirt......

RUSH AND PRIMUS ON!!

RUSH RULES! PRIMUS SUCKS!!!!

• Like 3

No video for what I’m talking about. It was an article I read. The incident I’m talking about happened in the 90s when they opened for Rush. By all accounts, the two bands got along well on those two tour. Les & Geddy have remained friends since then. You should find the article because my retelling of it won’t do it justice.

It's so true JB.

I've seen Primus over 30 times in my life since 1989. I mentioned this before, but during the release of "Suck On This" Primus played at my Junior College cafeteria. I along with three of my buddies tried to get in but the fire marshal came by and it was over capacity.

JB is so right, I mean even when they opened for RUSH Les always would play the intro to "Cygnus X-1"

When I saw Primus play all of "Frizzle Fry" at The Greek in Berkeley. They ended the show 3 minutes early, so they played YYZ until curfew. 11 pm sharp.

PRIMUS IS MODERN RUSH!!!

I mean I get it. Primus went in a direction I didn't care for once Tim left the band. I've chatted with Tim a few times in my life as well. Extremely Neil influenced.

I was happy that Tim went back into the band. Glad he survived that scary heart surgery. So happy he is healthy.

But then I hated the Willy Wonka Record. I don't get it. Even their last album has a few good tunes, but they are just weird now.

I saw them open for Slayer and since their set list was condensed they didn't fuckk around with new shit. Great set list. "Cygnus X-1" made my night.

Les took a few minutes out of the set to talk about where he sat there in 1981 on the "Moving Pictures" Tour. Les is a Rush Fan Boi like all of us. Well I am and proud of it.

I remember before they played "Cygnus" in Oakland, Les talked for a few minutes again about his love for RUSH and that he saw them in Oakland on the Moving Pictures Tour..

I already have a few choice questions in my head, and I will be wearing my "Hemispheres" tee shirt......

RUSH AND PRIMUS ON!!

Check out the claypool lennon delerium

Its the best thing les has done in years

I saw primus open for public enemy and anthrax. Bring the noize bitch

Also saw sausage, helmet and Rollins band.

• Like 1

No video for what I’m talking about. It was an article I read. The incident I’m talking about happened in the 90s when they opened for Rush. By all accounts, the two bands got along well on those two tours. Les & Geddy have remained friends since then. You should find the article because my retelling of it won’t do it justice.

You mentioned it to me so it's up to you to post it not for me to go out of my way to dig for it. Anyway, I take your word for it.

You mentioned it to me so it's up to you to post it not for me to go out of my way to dig for it.

:LOL:

Gimme a break. I mentioned it because you seemed interested. It’s not up to me to post anything. “Go out of my way to dig for it” :LOL:

• Like 1

AFTK is the first set, Primus material is the 2nd set. What I don't wish for is a) Rush fans attending thinking it will be just like Rush and b) everyone bailing out before the 2nd set. Expect some 'artistic liberties' with the AFTK set. If you want purely Rush, then go find a tribute band to watch.

...and the people who want to hear Tom Sawyer and Limelight can just stay home. You know they'll be some dumbasses in attendance expecting that. :bitchslap:

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

It's so true JB.

PRIMUS IS MODERN RUSH!!!

RUSH AND PRIMUS ON!!

Check out the claypool lennon delerium

Its the best thing les has done in years

I saw primus open for public enemy and anthrax. Bring the noize bitch

Also saw sausage, helmet and Rollins band.

Hell yes buddy! I have the Claypool Lennon stuff. You are right!! Heck yes Tang I saw Sausage! Bring The Noize Muther Trucker!

• Like 1

There's no way the band won't get a ton of shit about trying to cash in off Neil's death though. I know their intentions are good but there will be those who won't see it that way. Good idea but probably not the best timing on it.

Primus had plans to do this RUSH tribute tour a couple years back. Primus were invited to open on the Slayer farewell tour(2019), so the tour they were planning got delayed. They played Cygnus X-1 as part of their set during that Slayer tour.

I do not see any disrespect towards Rush in any way. I sure that Geddy gave Les the OK.

87336764_10157494445162663_1794109419810717696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=oJuNo9e0-BwAX_d8ow-&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=908c1ad526e275fd22e83c5bb8420eb4&oe=5FB6B00C

Geddy had the bass on top. But Les can certainly have it setup to whatever is comfortable for him. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1