12 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm listening to it now, where are the power ballads for sexy time with the wife???

There's none on this one, the nearest one is Crown of Horns which some people bitched about when it was released as a single recently. It's more of a Desert Plains mid-paced melodic hard rock song though.

• Like 2

Dublin setlist:

Panic Attack
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Breaking the Law
Rapid Fire
Sword of Damocles (live debut)
Love Bites
Saints in Hell
Crown of Horns (live debut)
Turbo Lover
Invincible Shield
Sinner (first time since 2019)
You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise (first time since 2009)
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
Painkiller

Encore:
The Hellion
Electric Eye
Hell Bent for Leather
Living After Midnight

• Like 1

These guys impress me. Richie Faulkner saved this band. I'm enjoying this one more than a fair amount of their 70s material, to be completely honest. It's not their BEST album, but you could take a few from this, a few from Firepower, and maybe one or two from RoS and it'd be a top 5 Priest album.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 7:53 PM, JohnRogers said:

I'm listening to it now, where are the power ballads for sexy time with the wife???

On 3/15/2024 at 8:07 PM, treeduck said:

There's none on this one, the nearest one is Crown of Horns which some people bitched about when it was released as a single recently. It's more of a Desert Plains mid-paced melodic hard rock song though.

I did a Judas Priest power ballad search.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/8_poignant_judas_priest_ballads_that_showcase_an_oft-overlooked_aspect_of_the_band-130093

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Analog Cub said:

These guys impress me. Richie Faulkner saved this band. I'm enjoying this one more than a fair amount of their 70s material, to be completely honest. It's not their BEST album, but you could take a few from this, a few from Firepower, and maybe one or two from RoS and it'd be a top 5 Priest album.

What would you pick as their best album?

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

What would you pick as their best album?

I go back and forth a bit between Stained Class, Painkiller, and Screaming for Vengeance. Depends on the day. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of Priest like I am Maiden, but they scratch the itch.

4 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Here you go:

Angel    
Before the Dawn    
Beyond the Realms of Death    
Last Rose of Summer
Night Comes Down
Out in the Cold
Here Come the Tears
Before the Dawn
Fire Burns Below
Dreamer Deceiver
Turn on Your Light
Living Bad Dreams
Prisoner of Your Eyes

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Here you go:

Angel    
Before the Dawn    
Beyond the Realms of Death    
Last Rose of Summer
Night Comes Down
Out in the Cold
Here Come the Tears
Before the Dawn
Fire Burns Below
Dreamer Deceiver
Turn on Your Light
Living Bad Dreams
Prisoner of Your Eyes

Last Rose Of Summer is my favourite Priest song. A huge reason I ended up taking Priest seriously, as it was nothing like what I expected from the band who turned me off due to rock radio only ever playing Breaking The Law 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Last Rose Of Summer is my favourite Priest song. A huge reason I ended up taking Priest seriously, as it was nothing like what I expected from the band who turned me off due to rock radio only ever playing Breaking The Law 

Ever see the video to Breaking the Law? Or this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Ever see the video to Breaking the Law? Or this?

I actually enjoy BTL now! United is a great song

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I actually enjoy BTL now! United is a great song

What do you think of Halford in a run of the mill leather jacket? (The Run of the Mill pun is on purpose!)

12 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

I know no-one on here will want to hear this, but Saxon blasted Priest off the stage in Leeds.

I'm actually shocked I'm playing the new Saxon album a lot more than Priests. They are really on terrific form atm

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

I know no-one on here will want to hear this, but Saxon blasted Priest off the stage in Leeds.

Is it over for Priest?

14 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

Was it Faulkner's fault? Or Halford?

On 3/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, The Analog Cub said:

These guys impress me. Richie Faulkner saved this band. 

100% agree.  They were still good & the 2 albums they put out after Rob rejoined are good (Angel is the better of the 2 IMO) but even so they were becoming a legacy band.  Then KK left and Richie was a huge addition.  The first album with him was good  - about as good as Angel IMO.  But when I saw the Battle Cry DVD it hit me they had some gas in the tank - that their was something there 2 watch.  I was like "To bad KK is gone but this new guy, Ritchie Faulkner, what is he?  The reincarnation of Randy Rhodes?  This is a band I want to keep listening to.  There is something here.  They are not done yet".  The rest is history - and history that is still being made.

I really feel that the HOF made a mistake by not inducting Ritchie.  Its his addition that provided Priest with the late career supercharging that helped get them into the HOF.

BTW - I liked the positive spin on Ritchie and agree with it.  The negative spin would be that KK saved the band by leaving.  I would not agree with that.  It would be like arguing that John Rutsey saved Rush by getting the boot.  Not accurate in either case, nor positive.  Much better and accurate to focus on the positive of Ritchie and Neil (and appreciate all that John and KK contributed)

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbine Freight said:

That was the impression I got from some youtube videos I watched.  Not a knock on Priest but Saxon was just very good.

54 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

100% agree.  They were still good & the 2 albums they put out after Rob rejoined are good (Angel is the better of the 2 IMO) but even so they were becoming a legacy band.  Then KK left and Richie was a huge addition.  The first album with him was good  - about as good as Angel IMO.  But when I saw the Battle Cry DVD it hit me they had some gas in the tank - that their was something there 2 watch.  I was like "To bad KK is gone but this new guy, Ritchie Faulkner, what is he?  The reincarnation of Randy Rhodes?  This is a band I want to keep listening to.  There is something here.  They are not done yet".  The rest is history - and history that is still being made.

I really feel that the HOF made a mistake by not inducting Ritchie.  Its his addition that provided Priest with the late career supercharging that helped get them into the HOF.

BTW - I liked the positive spin on Ritchie and agree with it.  The negative spin would be that KK saved the band by leaving.  I would not agree with that.  It would be like arguing that John Rutsey saved Rush by getting the boot.  Not accurate in either case, nor positive.  Much better and accurate to focus on the positive of Ritchie and Neil (and appreciate all that John and KK contributed)

Have you seen the Epitaph DVD? That's a good one as well, better really.

• Like 1

I've decided to give Priest a proper discography run. Will take me a while given the size but you gotta start somewhere.

Rocka Rolla is better than I remember it being. It's not the Priest I know, but for 70s hard rock it's surprisingly solid, at least the first couple tracks and Diamonds and Rust.

Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, The Analog Cub said:

I've decided to give Priest a proper discography run. Will take me a while given the size but you gotta start somewhere.

Rocka Rolla is better than I remember it being. It's not the Priest I know, but for 70s hard rock it's surprisingly solid, at least the first couple tracks and Diamonds and Rust.

Maybe you should create your own Priest albums like Pete Pardo and the heavy metal squares have done!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Analog Cub said:

Run of the Mill is an epic powerhouse.

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

Maybe you should create your own Priest albums like Pete Pardo and the heavy metal squares have done!

I've been binging SoT videos lately because of you. He's so corny to listen too but it's fun seeing him go off 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

Run of the Mill is an epic powerhouse.

Rocka Rolla is actually one of my favourite seventies debuts. 

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla

Rush- Rush

Saxon- Saxon

Toto- Toto

Bruce Springsteen- Greetings From Asbury Park N.J.

Styx- Styx

Kansas- Kansas

I play these a lot more than many of their later classics. (The Styx debut is justifiably not a fave of many, but I love how all over the place it is)

• Like 1