2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Is this real? I dare say it might be perfect. BTROD into VOC??? Closing the main set with hecking PAINKILLER?  I’m starting to think Rob isn’t human. I can’t think of any sane singer who would wait to do that song at the end!

Check the video out, is that not them playing Invincible Shield!?

8 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Do you mean Stynx? :chores:

You prefer Cancers, right?

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

You prefer Cancers, right?

The thing about Styx is their songs sound like they had a few good ideas but they put them all together wrong and it ends up very like having broken glass in your ice cream, there's a good part but it's ruined so much it hurts the senses.

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Is this real? I dare say it might be perfect. BTROD into VOC??? Closing the main set with hecking PAINKILLER?  I’m starting to think Rob isn’t human. I can’t think of any sane singer who would wait to do that song at the end!

That's making me think about driving 3.5 hours to Youngstown lol

Apparently they had "You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise" and "Electric Eye" on the setlist but may have been dropped it for time

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:48 PM, treeduck said:

Pete "Who the f**k is Pete Pardo?" Pardo sounds like he thinks he and the Hudson Valley Squares could do a better Priest album than Priest in this review!

I used to like SoT when he first started out but I find him almost unwatchable now. He began as a fan just talking about stuff he loves but has somehow morphed into a pontificating prat who thinks his every syllable is inviolate. Segue is right, he is an overweening bore.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

I used to like SoT when he first started out but I find him almost unwatchable now. He began as a fan just talking about stuff he loves but has somehow morphed into a pontificating prat who thinks his every syllable is inviolate. Segue is right, he is an overweening bore.

And that's just Pardo when he and the rest of his gasbag friends get together..it's the height of musical snobery, lol

Mick

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Yeah I don't watch him either now, just the occasional one, like when he was talking about this guy who kept harassing him in the comments section. He got really mad about it and lectured the dude and threatened him for the whole 10 minute video. That was funny. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Seeing the METAL GODS tonight with the revamped Saxon (Tatler has slapped Biff out of his Greggs steak bake coma!)

I have to say the new Saxon album finally grew on me! I love it! I'm having a decent year so far for new albums. Sonata Arctica, Judas Priest and Saxon have all really impressed me.

• Like 1

I get so annoyed when people talk about household names like said artists owe you a debt of gratitude. Pete is always like "I recommend you an album that really is so, so good. You might not of heard it before, but it's fantastic, and every song is good. It's called Appetite For Destruction".

f**k off Pete.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I get so annoyed when people talk about household names like said artists owe you a debt of gratitude. Pete is always like "I recommend you an album that really is so, so good. You might not of heard it before, but it's fantastic, and every song is good. It's called Appetite For Destruction".

f**k off Pete.

He describes himself as a square and tries to offset this by repeatedly saying in reviews, "I dig it..."

5 minutes ago, treeduck said:

He describes himself as a square and tries to offset this by repeatedly saying in reviews, "I dig it..."

All metal heads are a bit square...he could do with a pinch more humour lol

22 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Do you think he looks like a rock star? Could he be a rival of Nuno Bettencourt?

23 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Squares are chubby blokes with an action man haircut and a wardrobe from 1963.

6 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Do you think he looks like a rock star? Could he be a rival of Nuno Bettencourt?

With that centre parting? No

2 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Nuno has a centre parting too:

bG9jYWw6Ly8vcHVibGlzaGVycy8zMDc2MTYvMjAy

Okay...but this screams GOD not "hey kid, I'm the lead janitor of this school. Follow me and you might get a hi from the school principal within the next thirteen years. I've had this luxury...twice...and I've been here since 1987".

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Okay...but this screams GOD not "hey kid, I'm the lead janitor of this school. Follow me and you might get a hi from the school principal within the next thirteen years. I've had this luxury...twice...and I've been here since 1987".

• Haha 1

I replied in that Invincible Shield review, I told Pete to get the deluxe edition, just to have my say. He's replied now though saying "ok right I've bought it"! :laugh:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I replied in that Invincible Shield review, I told Pete to get the deluxe edition, just to have my say. He's replied now though saying "ok right I've bought it"! :laugh:

I love the bonus tracks! Honestly I think it will be hard to top Priest and Saxon for me this year.

Kenny had a good show last night. He and Ripper did quite a few Priest covers. Their originals were fine. Very innoffensive. It more made me think of what a triumph this album is. Instead of buying The Sinner Rides Again, I played Invincible Shield on the way back lol

Side note: Their opening band, Burning Witches were awesome. A really fantastic all-woman power metal band.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Kenny had a good show last night. He and Ripper did quite a few Priest covers. Their originals were fine. Very innoffensive. It more made me think of what a triumph this album is. Instead of buying The Sinner Rides Again, I played Invincible Shield on the way back lol

Side note: Their opening band, Burning Witches were awesome. A really fantastic all-woman power metal band.

How many people were there?

6 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

How many people were there?

It was surprisingly full. But a full Town Ballroom is only like 1/7th that of Riverworks

This is a photo from the openers:

432377494_954251242727253_52054729177875

Edited by Union 5-3992

On 3/14/2024 at 4:14 PM, treeduck said:

I'm listening to it now, where are the power ballads for sexy time with the wife???