29 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Yeah two at the most is enough.

i agree.  i've seen some bands put out 6  out on a 12 song album.

now you're just fukking around, lol

Preist is getting close if we get another i'll jusat laugh cause your essentionally premature ejaculating then.:laugh:

Mick

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Preist is getting close if we get another i'll jusat laugh cause your essentionally premature ejaculating then.:laugh:

Mick

Peter Gabriel released the whole 12 songs didn't he?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Peter Gabriel released the whole 12 songs didn't he?

Yes, theme (one every full moon for a year, or something like that) based, though...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treeduck said:

Yeah two at the most is enough.

I understand it's a marketing strategy these days in order to keep streaming and social media numbers up. Song streams and YouTube views are more important than record sales today. Plus, technology makes it easier to release songs whenever a label/band decide to. But I also think releasing so many songs before the album doesn't allow time for the first single or two to really do as well as it can because it gets forgotten about too quickly and it's on to the next song before we know it.

Edited by J2112YYZ

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I understand it's a marketing strategy these days in order to keep streaming and social media numbers up. Song streams and YouTube views are more important than record sales today. Plus, technology makes it easier to release songs whenever a label/band decide to. But I also think releasing so many songs before the album doesn't allow time for the first single or two to really do as well as it can because it gets forgotten about too quickly and it's on to the next song before we know it.

i'm not gonna lie here too.  if like a lot of singles are released.  when the album drops i've been known to skip the singles on my first listen.  i mean i will go back and play the whole but yea i do that.  it kinda has a negative impact on my initial listten.

Mick

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Within Temptation had so many singles for the last album, when it finally dropped I was over it quickly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Hey you RUSH maniacs my copy of the proper album version, the 14 track edition has been dispatched! :notworthy::blaze::ROCK:

Now comes the three month wait for it 😄

LISTEN UP YOU RUSH MAGGOTS!

I have the album in my hands right now and as soon as I finish stuffing my face with food I'll be playing it loud and with destructive force! 

:blaze::blaze::blaze:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, treeduck said:

LISTEN UP YOU RUSH MAGGOTS!

I have the album in my hands right now and as soon as I finish stuffing my face with food I'll be playing it loud and with destructive force! 

:blaze::blaze::blaze:

Yaaay!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treeduck said:

Aye! I'm still eating yet though! :drink:

Verdict? On the album that is, not the food!

17 minutes ago, yyz305 said:

Verdict? On the album that is, not the food!

It's astounding, a monumental killer album. People say this about certain albums but in this case it's not exaggeration when I say there's no weak tracks whatsoever and in fact every single track is vying for the overall #1 song on the album trophy! Even the bonus tracks, Fight of Your Life could be the best song on the album, it's f***ing great! And Vicious Circle and The Lodger are immense as well. There's no let up in the quality on this album, every song has a killer riff, an amazing guitar solo (or two), it's like a best of album that you never heard before!

• Like 6

When Firepower came out, I was really new as a fan, catching up with all their older albums. So, my coming around to Firepower took time, as I played catch up.

Anyway, long story short, it was a rare example of a classic band releasing a career best-worthy album late in the game. Rush did it with CA, Styx with their last two albums, but Firepower really stood out as it felt like, honestly, the band had reached a new peak.

And my f***ing god, the energy the band had writing Firepower has continued strongly. Invincible Shield is really breathtaking! I played the singles so much, any other band would have bored me initially with a new album listen.

However great songs are great songs, and I loved them like I'd never heard them before. None of them were growers for me, and it appears this album as a whole isn't a grower.

I loved it first listen, bonus tracks too.

Absolutely incredible first listen. JP have back to back albums that sit perfectly alongside their many classics, and I think in years to come, they will be revered as them too.

I don't do number ratings anymore, music is subjective and my reaction to an album changes over time.

But if I tell you what albums I prefer the last two, the list is very short. 

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 6

The Serpent And The King is still my favourite song.

• Like 1

Another awesome album from them. I really believe that Richie Faulkner added a new jolt of energy into this band. No band should still be writing albums as good as this and Firepower so late into their career.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Another awesome album from them. I really believe that Richie Faulkner added a new jolt of energy into this band. No band should still be writing albums as good as this and Firepower so late into their career.

Which songs stood out the most to you? I'll just say that if I was asked this question I'd have to say all 14 tracks stood out!

2 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It's way too early to tell atm, but the only tracks that didn't stand out much to me were the first two bonus tracks. Lodger was pretty interesting

I thought those two really delivered, great riffs, great choruses, great solos.

I don't know how to pick faves here.

I will say, Gates Of Hell is the only song I find kinda ordinary