THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.24

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

just gotta do things. if you're not doing things, then you are doing nothing. when you do nothing, nothing happens. if you do something, something happens. sometimes that something is bad, but you should try your best to do something good so something good happens. if you do nothing then bad things happen, so you shouldn't do nothing.
  • Like 1

when you're feeling bummed out you should do something in order to avoid feeling that way. sometimes you just wanna lay down, and rest is important, but don't rest for too long. if you're in bed for too long doing nothing then it becomes less like rest and more like a chore, you're doing yourself wrong with too much bed time. you're not "comfy", you're wasting your youth.

when you get bummed you shouldn't dwell on the things that are making you bummed too much. maybe you should convert that melancholy into anger and then that anger into positive action. or maybe you should take a deep breath and realize it's not that big of deal and simply move on in a positive way. yeah.

okay that's all the retard wisdom i have for now because i should get some rest, even though i'm pretty wired right now.

just gotta do things. if you're not doing things, then you are doing nothing. when you do nothing, nothing happens. if you do something, something happens. sometimes that something is bad, but you should try your best to do something good so something good happens. if you do nothing then bad things happen, so you shouldn't do nothing.

Wise words.

i'm still grinding with my own music a little bit. still don't wanna say much about it, obviously it won't be a career or even a "second job" sort of deal, but i'll be happy with what i do get out of it... if i attain my fairly realistic goal with this.

If I or yourself can be in the place my friend Thom is (stable day job but flexible enough to put out music and/or play a few shows on one’s own terms), that to me is success in the music industry/lifestyle/whatever you wanna call it. Edited by PolarizeMe

really hope SW has one more good album left in him

raven was a masterpiece, hand cannot erase was good.

Honestly? Insurgentes is STILL my favorite out of all of them.

TTB slowly grew on me and while these days I’ll be down to listen to it again, it’s just a bittersweet reminder of THAT phase in my life is far over and I’ve moved onto other and better (for the present day me) stuff.

I will say this. Pariah now that I’ve had time to deep dive into the lyrics has become one of my favorite SW songs. To me, SW’s vocal lines is the me that goes “What’s the point anymore? I can’t bring myself to go on anymore.” and Ninet is the person (be it friend, family member, lover/ex-lover) or me that goes “No, you’re going to keep on living. There’s gonna be something or someone that’ll motivate you to live to see another day.”

• Like 2

really hope SW has one more good album left in him

raven was a masterpiece, hand cannot erase was good.

i'm still grinding with my own music a little bit. still don't wanna say much about it, obviously it won't be a career or even a "second job" sort of deal, but i'll be happy with what i do get out of it... if i attain my fairly realistic goal with this.

my feelings towards SW's whole body of work ranges from "that's kinda cool" towards 5% of it to mild dislike for the rest

when you get bummed you shouldn't dwell on the things that are making you bummed too much. maybe you should convert that melancholy into anger and then that anger into positive action. or maybe you should take a deep breath and realize it's not that big of deal and simply move on in a positive way. yeah.

okay that's all the retard wisdom i have for now because i should get some rest, even though i'm pretty wired right now.

in response to your life advice, i had a friend who followed that reasoning to the letter and ended up one of the most obvious cases of personal regression I've seen

good luck trying to have a meaningful conversation with this person without getting the "just meditate and don't think about it bro" treatment

seems allergic to having a personality, and it wasn't always like this

in response to your life advice, i had a friend who followed that reasoning to the letter and ended up one of the most obvious cases of personal regression I've seen

good luck trying to have a meaningful conversation with this person without getting the "just meditate and don't think about it bro" treatment

it was mainly just brain barf. becoming paralyzed and fearful through overanalyzation to the point of paranoia isn’t any good, and you need to choose your battles wisely. if resorting to that lifestyle kept that guy from ending up jailed then that’s positive for him.

at this point i do think generic “you got this bro” advice/encouragement can be the most valuable in a lot ot cases

it was mainly just brain barf. becoming paralyzed and fearful through overanalyzation to the point of paranoia isn’t any good, and you need to choose your battles wisely. if resorting to that lifestyle kept that guy from ending up jailed then that’s positive for him.

at this point i do think generic “you got this bro” advice/encouragement can be the most valuable in a lot ot cases

yes, sure, but he's also alienated himself from most if not all of the closer people in his life just so that he doesn't have to think about himself

Opeth is a great band to see live. Just not in Cleveland. Legit the worst audience I've ever been in.

Didn’t Ackerstache pull off the next 3-4 shows though? Or was Cleveland the last one before they pulled the plug?

He did. I got him on a good night. Apparently Chicago was also fine. But if you look up clips of him singing Deliverance in Detroit, it's a struggle.

The audience were f***ing pissed that he wouldn't sing "evil songs". they got so damn restless that they started a mosh pit during a quiet part of Moon Above, Sun Below....

Wow. Where has Cleveland been this whole time Opeth changed musical directions?

The audience were f***ing pissed that he wouldn't sing "evil songs". they got so damn restless that they started a mosh pit during a quiet part of Moon Above, Sun Below....

Wow. Where has Cleveland been this whole time Opeth changed musical directions?

f***ing Cleveland is where they were.

I've got another show in Cleveland with Devy next month. I gotta find out if Opeth was a fluke or if the audiences there are just bad in general.

The pit was way more aggressive and flat out mean than usual. Dudes were elbowing each other in the head. One guy got sparta kicked in the balls.