THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.24

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

feel like i'm barely alive, just wanna go back to wageslaving already and get on with my boring life

f***ing 3 day weekends, dude

You sound like a guy that needs an extra hobby

feel like i'm barely alive, just wanna go back to wageslaving already and get on with my boring life

I’m so used to my work grind/cycle of working some holidays, I didn’t even realize today was a federal holiday.
  • Like 1

You sound like a guy that needs an extra hobby

i need a social life and more hope for the future. in physical pain today so it's best i don't leave home anyway.

Opeth is a great band to see live. Just not in Cleveland. Legit the worst audience I've ever been in.

Didn’t Ackerstache pull off the next 3-4 shows though? Or was Cleveland the last one before they pulled the plug? Edited by PolarizeMe

I ended up not going ahead w/seeing Opeth. That era ended long ago for me. Instead I’ll be at the workplace (even in days I’m not there to work) for a fest we do every February. My seeing my co-worker’s performing on Friday the day of the Opeth show.

Yeah, as far as bands I still like pre-TRF in the “post-TRF” era PM, it’s really just Katatonia, DEG, Aaron Turner and SW for me. I don’t count anything I got into post-2015 in the equation cause that was when I planned my 3 year sin the making escape plan.

Oh, also the GAYzetE. Yeah, I still like them in moderation. And ofc Rush but I didn’t need to say it now do I?

I can't really stand to listen to the GAYzette anymore and I rarely listen to DEG either after that concert. idk it just gives me bad memories at this point, you provided the same sort of reason when saying you didn't really listen to the insulated world

really been appreciating coheed and sonata again lately, and listening to them is probably what's been making me think of high school a lot lately. doing some backward thinking, introspection and psychoanalysis.

Edited by Mr. Not

Oh, also the GAYzetE. Yeah, I still like them in moderation. And ofc Rush but I didn’t need to say it now do I?

I can't really stand to listen to the GAYzette anymore and I rarely listen to DEG either after that concert. idk it just gives me bad memories at this point, you provided the same sort of reason when saying you didn't really listen to the insulated world

really been appreciating coheed and sonata again lately, and listening to them is probably what's been making me think of high school a lot lately. doing some backward thinking, introspection and psychoanalysis.

I say all that with caveat that of the aforementioned bands, Katatonia is probably the only band which has lasting impact on me. If I had to go w/a second, it’d be SW but then again, he hasn’t put out an album I felt was better than good in...half a decade now?

Katatonia’s the only band from that era in my life that I’m actively following still. Opeth, SW, the Jap bands that ain’t Boris, ENDON, Envy, or the Japanoise stuff? The stuff I’m into now is the stuff that’s of most relevance.

Honestly, I shouldn’t have included Aaron Turner’s body of work in the mix because HE kickstarted the modern era of my music taste and by associate, he’s the one responsible for straying me away from what I perceived to be “TRF demographic” and honestly that was a very good thing. Turner beat SW at his own game and that’s f***ing pathetic.

IDK, all this has got me thinking to stop being in denial and I really restrained myself from saying this, but now I have to be very honest.

Being removed from here for a few years and coming back and staying for awhile post Peart’s death trying to justify being on still...there’s not much for me left here now is there? I’ve finished the grieving over Neil and I’ve pretty much returned to my normal MO. If the common ground was already narrowing when I left the first time, I think they’re even more narrower now IMO to the point where...while I can definitely understand and sympathize, I find it really hard to relate to anyone here.

really hope SW has one more good album left in him

raven was a masterpiece, hand cannot erase was good.

i'm still grinding with my own music a little bit. still don't wanna say much about it, obviously it won't be a career or even a "second job" sort of deal, but i'll be happy with what i do get out of it... if i attain my fairly realistic goal with this.

• Like 1