Neil Peart's former Porsche

RushFanForever

Porsche goes along with Douche which describes the typical driver. I had one blow around me today because he couldn't be bothered to wait for me to complete my turn. Nice car buddy...sorry your penis doesn't work anymore.

Fukking hilarious post! One of your best! I actaully had to sign in at work to write this. Porsche sucks. I'm an Audi guy and my penis still works. LOL

I have no car and I don’t drive.

What I’m really saying is that I’m hung like King Kong!

That is funny because I have seen every King Kong movie ever made and there is not a penis to be seen on that giant naked gorilla in any of them.
  • Like 2

What do you have when you combine a bald head, a goatee and a Hummer?

An Asshole Starter Kit.

You forgot the camo clothes

well it is just a starter kit. the camo and the loaded gun under the seat is the advanced kit.

Porsche goes along with Douche which describes the typical driver. I had one blow around me today because he couldn't be bothered to wait for me to complete my turn. Nice car buddy...sorry your penis doesn't work anymore.

Fukking hilarious post! One of your best! I actaully had to sign in at work to write this. Porsche sucks. I'm an Audi guy and my penis still works. LOL

That is funny because I have seen every King Kong movie ever made and there is not a penis to be seen on that giant naked gorilla in any of them.

:LOL:

Great find...or no find. :LOL:

King Kong’s dong was edited out for audiences. I read that in the original between takes, Fay Wray was hanging on and swinging on it like Tarzan.

• Like 2

:LOL:

Great find...or no find. :LOL:

King Kong’s dong was edited out for audiences. I read that in the original between takes, Fay Wray was hanging on and swinging on it like Tarzan.

I think that's the first and last time that post will be on TRF. Although it would be surprising to see that on "set list" or "top 100 favorites" topics.

Apparently these guys were inspired by this novelty....

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

This reminds me of a joke that one of my neighbors told me, years ago:

What’s the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

With a porcupine, the prick is on the outside.

The difference between a Hoover and a Harley? With a Hoover you'll find the dirtbag on the inside.
  • Like 2

What do you have when you combine a bald head, a goatee and a Hummer?

An Asshole Starter Kit.

You forgot the camo clothes

well it is just a starter kit. the camo and the loaded gun under the seat is the advanced kit.

Ah I see. Silly me

• Like 1

My wife is a Audi/VW Service Manager and will be glad to hear of your preference. Although the stories she brings home really makes me wonder why they make cars more complicated than they need to be.

I don't really care what I drive...and I never had to make a 'statement' to compensate for 'shortcomings'.

They're definitely techno toys. I work in the parts department of a Volks/Audi/Porsche dealership. How about a $2400 headlight for your Audi? Costs more than my truck is worth.

• Like 1

All the Porsche-bashing :eh:. I'm not a Porsche guy, any longer at least (almost all the car-obsessed will have gone through a Porsche phase at least, but the new ones are too-techy for my tastes, like almost all contemporary cars unfortunately, and the Germans seem to be the worst in that respect; same over-engineering impulse that hindered their tanks on the Eastern Front; at least the local BMW and Audi dealer service department isn't quite as scary as the Red Army... not quite, at least until you're out of warranty), but that Speedster of Neil's is SWEET! Air-cooled Porsches are not for a-holes like Lumbergh, necessarily; people who just appreciate cool cars can be into them (I've found classic Porsche people pretty likable, usually). If you've got the disposable income, why not, especially with the older ones that are no longer depreciating. Beats a whole h*ll of a lot of other hobbies. Anyway, Neil's got great taste in cars IMO. He's owned a DB5 and a '63 Corvette as well. Nothing not to like there.

p.s. like the "Save the Manual" movement there should be a "Save the Analog Car" movement, but it would be hopeless fight. Too bad as the local indie car mechanics will eventually be put out of business; they don't have, and can't afford, the computers and equipment needed to diagnose these rolling electronics suites.

Edited by Rutlefan

All the Porsche-bashing :eh:. I'm not a Porsche guy, any longer at least (almost all the car-obsessed will have gone through a Porsche phase at least, but the new ones are too-techy for my tastes, like almost all contemporary cars unfortunately, and the Germans seem to be the worst in that respect; same over-engineering impulse that hindered their tanks on the Eastern Front; at least the local BMW and Audi dealer service department isn't quite as scary as the Red Army... not quite, at least until you're out of warranty), but that Speedster of Neil's is SWEET! Air-cooled Porsches are not for a-holes like Lumbergh, necessarily; people who just appreciate cool cars can be into them (I've found classic Porsche people pretty likable, usually). If you've got the disposable income, why not, especially with the older ones that are no longer depreciating. Beats a whole h*ll of a lot of other hobbies. Anyway, Neil's got great taste in cars IMO. He's owned a DB5 and a '63 Corvette as well. Nothing not to like there.

p.s. like the "Save the Manual" movement there should be a "Save the Analog Car" movement, but it would be hopeless fight. Too bad as the local indie car mechanics will eventually be put out of business; they don't have, and can't afford, the computers and equipment needed to diagnose these rolling electronics suites.

There kind of is an "analog" car movement. Apparently there are even a few younger people getting into it, but its mostly older folks like us. I recently discover Uncle Tony's Garage on Youtube. Turns out he' a guy about my age who wrote a car magazine I loved back in the '80's. He comes mostly from a perspective of old Mopars, but a lot of what he talks about applies to old cars in general. He makes one hell of a case for points ignition and even drum brakes. My wife has even said the guy sounds like "one of my tribe." People here that are into the muscle car era might really appreciate him.

Someone recently drove a '69 Porsche 912 to work. I loved its simple honesty. Slight smell of carburation. I miss that. But then again I kinda miss the smell of fresh lacquer paint. No wonder I'm a bit weird.

• Like 1

This reminds me of a joke that one of my neighbors told me, years ago:

What’s the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

With a porcupine, the prick is on the outside.

This SOOOOO much......