80's Metallica songs POLL

Texas King

80's Metallica songs POLL  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Fade to Black or Welcome Home (Sanitarium) or One?

I've never been a Metallica fan. I bought Master of Puppets in 1986 and was very disappointed. I just couldn't get into it. And in 2016 I listened to the whole album on youtube to see if I'd feel differently about it now and see if I'd been missing out, but it sounded just the same, like a bad punk album. I buried that Music For Nation vinyl copy in the pond in the field not far away in 1986 and in 2016 I had no urge to go out and dig it up again! Let Metallica stay buried.

That is THE greatest "speed/thrash/whatever" heavy metal album of all time.

No, MOP is the GREATEST METAL ALBUM OF ALL TIME, not just thrash. This doesn't include all the great proto-metal and 70's hard rock when'heavy metal' was a term loosely thrown around and undefined before NWOBHM helped cement the genre.

I still don't like it.

Not surprising considering you think Opeth is great :)
  • Like 1

I've never been a Metallica fan. I bought Master of Puppets in 1986 and was very disappointed. I just couldn't get into it. And in 2016 I listened to the whole album on youtube to see if I'd feel differently about it now and see if I'd been missing out, but it sounded just the same, like a bad punk album. I buried that Music For Nation vinyl copy in the pond in the field not far away in 1986 and in 2016 I had no urge to go out and dig it up again! Let Metallica stay buried.

No, MOP is the GREATEST METAL ALBUM OF ALL TIME, not just thrash. This doesn't include all the great proto-metal and 70's hard rock when'heavy metal' was a term loosely thrown around and undefined before NWOBHM helped cement the genre.

I still don't like it.

Seems like you're easily surprised.

None of ém. Better Metallica poll imo would've been:

- Damage, Inc.

- Dyer's Eve

- Battery

Or

- Orion

- To live is to Die

- Call of Ktulu

Just how I see them now.

What's wrong with the ones in the poll?

- Damage, Inc.

- Dyer's Eve

- Battery

Or

- Orion

- To live is to Die

- Call of Ktulu

Just how I see them now.

Nah. None of those 6 are better than the 3 in the poll.

30 yrs ago I probably would've said the same but I just can't stand that style anymore. I'm an opinionated old f**k Entre, deal with it :nya nya:

• Like 2

Punk? There is nothing punk about that album.

There's something crap about it though, from top to bottom, IT f***ing SUCKS!

Well, sucking and punk rock go hand in hand together so I can see why you think it sounded like that.

Maybe you haven't heard the right kind of punk. How about some Propagandhi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWsreZl_dw&list=PLcZMZxR9uxC98izRhq-RDindXuU4WhjBB&index=7&ab_channel=EpitaphRecords

That song had a more metal style riff than a punk one. Still, it's an ordinary, unspectacular song like most of the genre. The only punk band I ever liked is The Offspring. They're punk but at least they have a standout sound.

PUP is another Canadian punk band worth checking out. They’re a breath of fresh air compared to those Radio Disney posers in Fallout Boy and EDM faux rock bands like Maroon and Imagine Dragons. I feel about FOB the way Elvis Costello feels about Morrissey. Great song titles, bad songs.

- Damage, Inc.

- Dyer's Eve

- Battery

Or

- Orion

- To live is to Die

- Call of Ktulu

Just how I see them now.

Battery

Ktulu

As for songs that rock non stop, I’m all about going BACK TO THE FRONT! :haz:

I guess instrumental or speed is how I like my Met served these days :D-13:

I still don't like it.

I'm disappointed in you treeduck :codger: . But yes, Opeth is great.
  • Like 1

I still don't like it.

I'm disappointed in you treeduck :codger: . But yes, Opeth is great.

:hail: