Geddy pawned his typewriter to see Led Zeppelin in 1969

blueschica

Very cool. Geddy seriously needs to write an autobiography. I'll bet he's sitting on a bunch more intriguing stories.

I agree! He's always great in interviews. I'd love an autobiography from him!

And me!

That I would read for sure.
  • Like 1

Very cool. Geddy seriously needs to write an autobiography. I'll bet he's sitting on a bunch more intriguing stories.

I agree! He's always great in interviews. I'd love an autobiography from him!

And me!

Geddy seems like such a low key, down to earth guy that I can’t imagine him even wanting to write an autobiography.

But yeah, he’s got to have tons of stories that’d be of particular interest to fans. That one interview where he talks about bumping into Robert Plant on vacation is pretty funny when he tells it.

• Like 2

Geddy seems like such a low key, down to earth guy that I can’t imagine him even wanting to write an autobiography.

But yeah, he’s got to have tons of stories that’d be of particular interest to fans. That one interview where he talks about bumping into Robert Plant on vacation is pretty funny when he tells it.

Here's the interviews below where Geddy mentions meeting Robert Plant, which I've time stamped.

(2008)

(2012) Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

My father had a pair of those crushed velvet trousers but I think more red than pink.He was jazz pianist doing clubs and cabarets.Great story.I used to hock things and then figure out the next day how the hell was I going to get it back so I can relate.

Does he still fit into them?

He is quite slim these days I would imagine as he is six foot under.I have his red,white and blue striped wrangler jeans from about 68,69 but I am a bit too round for them to fit.

If Geddy did get his typewriter back, he could've given it to Neil when he first joined the band.

"Back in 1976, though, I decided my on-the-road hobby was going to be writing prose. In the same way that loving music had made me want to play it, it seemed that because I loved to read, I wanted to write. In a pawnshop in Little Rock, I bought a clunky old portable typewriter, and on rare days off, huddled in a hotel room in Duluth or Dallas and tapped away at my first experiment: adapting the story from our most recent album, 2112, into narrative form. That ambition died peacefully in its sleep by about page fifty."

Excerpt from Roadshow - Landscape With Drums: A Concert Tour by Motorcycle

• Like 2

In one of the the interviews for his book (forget which one) he did seem enthusiastic about writing a Rush bio, but not in the short term.

If he puts as much time and effort in that as he did for his bass book, it will be the best Rush bio ever.

• Like 2

Oh definitely. He probably will.

This was a cute story. I've been poor enough in the past to hit up the pawn shop for $ and it's not always a great experience. I am glad he got a great return on that venture.

• Like 1

I found the foreward Geddy penned for the book "The Flyer Vault: 150 Years of Toronto Concert History" in Google book preview here.

The book release date is October 26, 2019, which is tomorrow.

FOREWARD by Geddy Lee

Over a year ago I was drifting through my Instagram "explore" page when I came across a photo of a program from a Rush show at Massey Hall back in 1976. Being curious, and a little vain, I clicked on it and found myself on a visual journey across my fair city's popular musical history. I became a follower. A few of the clippings and poster images were from concerts I attended back in the day, but more importantly, when viewed as a whole, the posts came together as an evocative mosaic, a powerful reminder of how lucky I was to have grown up in such a culturally diverse and open-minded place as was, and still is, the city of Toronto.

Now, what was simply a digital idea has grown into a fine and proper print publication – The Flyer Vault: 150 Years of Toronto Concert History – a historical document which expands upon that mosaic and brings to life the music and the performances that charged our community for over 150 years, from vaudeville to jazz to rock to electronica; blasts from the past such as Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, Ella Fitzgerald, Josephine Baker, and Bill Haley & His Comets, at venues like the Club Top Hat, Shea's, the Colonial Tavern, the Riverboat, (my beloved) Rock Pile and, still going strong, Massey Hall. The festivals, arenas, and stadiums that featured all the gods of rock, from Elvis to Zeppelin, the raves and the punk shows in small clubs like the Rivoli, the BamBoo, and Lee's Palace, plus the small theatres like the New Yorker and the Victory Burlesque – all these and beyond are well represented here.

The time span is impressive, the breadth of talent expansive, and more than anything else, it's a truly fun ride for any time-traveller to take. It's a record of the musical life of a city that, thanks to The Flyer Vault, is gone but no longer forgotten.

- Geddy Lee

Musician, songwriter, and author; lead vocalist, bassist, and keyboardist for Rush July 2019

An interview with authors Rob Bowman and Daniel Tate here about the book.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Looks very interesting. I kept scrap books with my ticket stubs and concert reviews of all the concerts I attended in the 70's and 80's. Still have them.

I wish I had. What great memories! I still have a few ticket stubs but that's it.

Looks very interesting. I kept scrap books with my ticket stubs and concert reviews of all the concerts I attended in the 70's and 80's. Still have them.

I wish I had. What great memories! I still have a few ticket stubs but that's it.

It is really interesting to read the old reviews every once in a while. It was a different time. And yes sometimes it is proof I was there :) For years I was upset that I never saw Stevie Ray Vaughan live. Then one day I came upon my ticket stub and review of a show at Massey Hall. Must have been a great night!

Edited by Syrinx
  • Like 1

It is really interesting to read the old reviews every once in a while. It was a different time. And yes sometimes it is proof I was there :) For years I was upset that I never saw Stevie Ray Vaughan live. Then one day I came upon my ticket stub and review of a show at Massey Hall. Must have been a great night!

:LOL: