Frampton calling farewell in face of incurable muscle degeneration.

Entre_Perpetuo

:(

I'm counting down the days!

That's a Shame.. i'm not a fan generally but if you don't think Framton Comes Alive is one of the sexiest albums ever. just turn in your damn music lover's card now. just do it, lol

i'm spinning it today.

Mick

Don't you mean "It's A Plain Shame?" LOL!

I love Peter Frampton but I've never seen him! I am sooooooo pumped! His last show EVER is at the Concord Pavilion! It's in my own backyard!

I'm counting down the days to get tickets!! I can't wait!!

Peter Rules!!!

"Frampton Comes Alive" was recorded in San Francisco and it really shot him up into the stardom charts!

Probably why he is coming back to the Bay Area to end his career!

True Or False: Peter Frampton was in Humble Pie.

Ans: True

I love It's A Plain Shame. :)

• Like 1

Oh this is so very sad.

The man is right about when Frampton Comes Alive came out. I ran out and bought the old albums.

Isn't this the same disease Keith Emerson had?

Thanks, EP, for posting this!

Edit: I admire his attitude. It must be devastating to a person to lose the ability to do what they love so passionately and have been doing since they were so very young. Keith couldn't handle it, Peter apparently can.

Hey, you're back!!!!

Where have you been the last few weeks? You just noticed that? Lol

Yep. First time I saw a post by Lorraine since she left. I'm happy she's back!

Thank you, Rod!

• Like 1

6th grade end of school party, kissing contest/dare: kiss for the full length of Do You Feel.

Gotta love living in the San Diego suburbs, 1978.

:(

I'm counting down the days!

That's a Shame.. i'm not a fan generally but if you don't think Framton Comes Alive is one of the sexiest albums ever. just turn in your damn music lover's card now. just do it, lol

i'm spinning it today.

Mick

Don't you mean "It's A Plain Shame?" LOL!

I love Peter Frampton but I've never seen him! I am sooooooo pumped! His last show EVER is at the Concord Pavilion! It's in my own backyard!

I'm counting down the days to get tickets!! I can't wait!!

Peter Rules!!!

"Frampton Comes Alive" was recorded in San Francisco and it really shot him up into the stardom charts!

Probably why he is coming back to the Bay Area to end his career!

Ans: True

I love It's A Plain Shame. :)

Winner Winner Frampton's Camel Dinner!!

• Like 3

6th grade end of school party, kissing contest/dare: kiss for the full length of Do You Feel.

Who won?

everyone who participated. ;)
  • Like 2

I like the part when they were looking at the awards on the wall for all the albums Frampton Comes Alive sold, and he said "I don't even know him [meaning himself] anymore" or something to that effect.

Ditto

• Like 2

Who won?

everyone who participated. ;)

Pretty much. :atickhum:
  • Like 2

Peter was a really great guitarist. I always felt it was too bad that he got caught up in that Tiger Beat teeny bopper pretty boy image.

:yes:

Horrible career decisions...

well that was the industry back in the day....management pimps you for all it's worth and artists get caught up in it.

From the top...

MI0000014805.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

...to the bottom in a hurry...

the-boys-in-the-band.jpg?w=640

Too bad.

Hey Frampton Friends and Fans!! TONIGHT IS IT!!! I'm taking my parents and some good friends to see Peter Frampton's last concert! It's out here by me in Concord Ca! The Concord Pavilion will be packed tonight!!!!

I am totally pumped yet a bit sad, but it's life!!!

I love Peter! "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" The Movie RULES!!!!!!!!!

"Frampton Comes Alive" is a very sexy record. Recorded in San Francisco. My buddy who is going with us was at that famous live show!!

So excited. I'm going to pop my Frampton cherry tonight!!

Oh baby I love your way!

• Like 2

Peter was a really great guitarist. I always felt it was too bad that he got caught up in that Tiger Beat teeny bopper pretty boy image.

well that was the industry back in the day....management pimps you for all it's worth and artists get caught up in it.

From the top...

Too bad.

Hey Frampton Friends and Fans!! TONIGHT IS IT!!! I'm taking my parents and some good friends to see Peter Frampton's last concert! It's out here by me in Concord Ca! The Concord Pavilion will be packed tonight!!!!

"Frampton Comes Alive" is a very sexy record. Recorded in San Francisco. My buddy who is going with us was at that famous live show!!

Oh baby I love your way!

"Hell-o San Fran-cis-co!!"

I saw him at MSG on his Frampton Comes Alive tour. Think it was the best concert I ever attended.

His last concert? How said is that??

Have a good time, Earl. Let us know how the concert went.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

As Lorraine already said, the answer is 'true'. My ex saw them when he was in the band over in England where she was born and raised til age 14 (yes her parents let her go to concerts cuz she had an older brother to look after her). She talks about that show and Frampton often.

• Like 2

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

I saw him at MSG on his Frampton Comes Alive tour. Think it was the best concert I ever attended.

Have a good time, Earl. Let us know how the concert was.

I can't imagine this would be anything less than incredibly sad, given the circumstances.

• Like 2

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Have a good time, Earl. Let us know how the concert was.

I can't imagine this would be anything less than incredibly sad, given the circumstances.

I hope they are going to video it. I'd love to see it.

I would think it would be emotional for him.

• Like 1

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Yes, let us know about it. How fortunate it is that your parents and friends can be with you on a memorable occasion. Looking forward to your unique take on it.

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Yes, let us know about it. How fortunate it is that your parents and friends can be with you on a memorable occasion. Looking forward to your unique take on it.

• Like 2

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Hi Becky!

Sorry for the late reply!

The concert was completely sold out. It was an incredible show.

Julian Frampton's band opened. They were ok.

Then Jason Bonham's band played. Very good, They did "Kashmir" as a treat then went into "Stairway."

Then Peter hit the stage. He played a lot of the staples but also did some obscure cuts along with three blues tracks in a row.

There is a strict curfew in effect at the Concord Pavilion but since it was his last show in America he played until 11:45 pm!!!!

The highlight for me was the encore! TWO HUMBLE PIE CUTS!!!!!!

But then he ended the concert with "My Guitar Gently Weeps." Great cover but I would have liked to see Peter go out with a bang!!

Regardless it was a great show!!! Thanks Becky! I am very lucky seeing all of these amazing concerts with my awesome parents!!!

Seriously rock and roll keeps them young!!

Cheers!

• Like 3

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Hi Becky!

Then Jason Bonham's band played. Very good, They did "Kashmir" as a treat then went into "Stairway."

Then Peter hit the stage. He played a lot of the staples but also did some obscure cuts along with three blues tracks in a row.

There is a strict curfew in effect at the Concord Pavilion but since it was his last show in America he played until 11:45 pm!!!!

But then he ended the concert with "My Guitar Gently Weeps." Great cover but I would have liked to see Peter go out with a bang!!

Regardless it was a great show!!! Thanks Becky! I am very lucky seeing all of these amazing concerts with my awesome parents!!!

Cheers!

Thanks for the review! I love Humble Pie- that would have been awesome! I actually got to see part of the concert because a friend of mine in the Bay Area was there also. I could hear a little anyway! :LOL: She posted a video, but she was so far back everyone was teeny! I looked for you, but no luck. I'm so glad you and your parents had a great time!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Hi Becky!

Cheers!

Thanks for the review! I love Humble Pie- that would have been awesome! I actually got to see part of the concert because a friend of mine in the Bay Area was there also. I could hear a little anyway! :LOL: She posted a video, but she was so far back everyone was teeny! I looked for you, but no luck. I'm so glad you and your parents had a great time!

Thanks Becky! Timing is everything!! Peter played the Humble Pie classic, "I Don't Need No Doctor!" Well I need a doctor! Call 911!! I almost had a stroke tonight!! A decent sized earthquake just went through my house out here in Concord. The epicenter was in Pleasant Hill. I'm only miles away! Hell "I Can See For Miles!" Lol! What a week! The Who and Frampton in the same week. Now a solid earthquake scare!

All good here, my pug Earl the IV is scared. It was a trip Becky. I ran outside into my front yard and I saw birds flying from the trees scared. So surreal and a first.

I've been through many earthquakes in my life but wow. This one was jolting. 30 years after the earthquake in 1989. Crazy.

October is my favorite month of the year. Earthquake weather.

I'm a broken record tonight.

Life goes on!!

HUMBLE PiE RULES!!

Steve Marriott is a GOD!!!

Just like Pete Townshend!!

Just like Peter Frampton!!!!

Nite!!

• Like 3

From the top...

Too bad.

Oh baby I love your way!

Hi Becky!

Cheers!

Maybe he did While My Guitar Gently Weeps for a reason.

Isn't this the end of his career?

His guitar is gently weeping,

• Like 3