2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

Oh sure. NOW Cole shits the bed...

I thought you were tuning out?

This has been an entertaining game.

I did actually forget that it was on. I turned it on at the end of the 4th. The bottom of the 6th now and I'm headed to bed.

I must say I love the new graphic they started showing this postseason of how different pitches break out of a pitcher's hand. I used to want them to do the same thing with deep fly balls showing how they may have been a home run or an out at the other team's park. For example, Fenway Park benefited the Yankees in the 78 playoff game, but most likely cost them the Series in 2004.

In relief for the Nats, Rainey just gave up a solo shot on his 4th pitch of the game. 5-3. :popcorn:

1-0 Nats...

:yes:

Was a fun game to watch. Close. Lots of important at bats.

I hope the Nats can keep it up!

You mean you didn't turn it off because the Yankees weren't in it?

One down, 3 to go.

A little too much scoring, but since it was close it's OK.

Now we need the Astros to win the next one. 7 games of this would be great.

The Yankees won game one as well before basically being blown out for the rest of the series. The ALCS was never really in question.

The Astro's are heavy favorites. I would love to see the Nat's go up by 2 games just to create some urgency. The last thing I want is for the Astro's to run off 4 in a row which is what will probably happen if they win Game 2.

One down, 3 to go.

The Yankees won game one as well before basically being blown out for the rest of the series. The ALCS was never really in question.

The Astro's are heavy favorites. I would love to see the Nat's go up by 2 games just to create some urgency. The last thing I want is for the Astro's to run off 4 in a row which is what will probably happen if they win Game 2.

Blown out? Each team had two easy wins and the Astros other two wins were walk-offs in the 9th and Extra Innings. Definately not a blowout. The Yanks should be kicking themselves for giving the series away.

And the prelims on the ratings show a dip from last year.

Edited by edhunter

One down, 3 to go.

Blown out? Each team had two easy wins and the Astros other two wins were walk-offs in the 9th and Extra Innings. Definately not a blowout. The Yanks should be kicking themselves for giving the series away.

Meh, the Yankees were never in contention.

The Nat's probably aren't either but a win in game two would make thing's interesting.

• Like 1

One down, 3 to go.

The Nat's probably aren't either but a win in game two would make thing's interesting.

The Nationals are a far superior team to the Yankees. The Yankees didn't honestly have a chance against Houston, but I think the Nationals actually match up with them pretty well.

• Like 2

One down, 3 to go.

The Nationals are a far superior team to the Yankees. The Yankees didn't honestly have a chance against Houston, but I think the Nationals actually match up with them pretty well.

The series is pretty much a toss up at this point.

• Like 1

Everyone conveniently forgets that, for example, the Astros played 90 games this year vs the Tigers, Mariners, Angels, Rangers, White Sox, Royals, Orioles and Blue Jays. Is 107 wins really that impressive in that context?
  • Like 1