2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

Georgia would be two touchdown favorites over Notre Dame on a neutral field. They should be in.

While I agree with your first sentence, putting a two loss team in the playoff over an undefeated ND is unthinkable in the CFB world. It should not happen. Let undefeated ND have their chance. GA had its chance tonight against Bama and lost it.

• Like 1

Georgia would be two touchdown favorites over Notre Dame on a neutral field. They should be in.

While I agree with your first sentence, putting a two loss team in the playoff over an undefeated ND is unthinkable in the CFB world. It should not happen. Let undefeated ND have their chance. GA had its chance tonight against Bama and lost it.

it won't happen, but I don't agree that it shouldn't. I just hope ND stays at #3 so Clemson will get their shot at the psychopath. If Bama plays ND it will be over by the half, conservatively.

• Like 1

These games tonight are going to suck. Time for the Mountain West?

Clemson Vs. Pitt and Ohio State Vs. Northwestern not doing it for you? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I agree, strange match ups.

Watching and hoping for good games but with the complete expectation it won't happen.

• Like 1

These games tonight are going to suck. Time for the Mountain West?

Clemson Vs. Pitt and Ohio State Vs. Northwestern not doing it for you? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I agree, strange match ups.

Watching and hoping for good games but with the complete expectation it won't happen.

Northwestern is making it a game, for now.

• Like 2

Okay, so Bama, Clemson, and ND are all in . Anybody disagree with that?

As for the 4th team --- who should it be? I'll go with Oklahoma

I would be shocked if anyone but Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma were in.

Are they the best four teams? I don't think so.

I would be shocked if anyone but Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma were in.

Nick Saban agrees with you.

He stated in an interview after the game that Georgia is one of the top 4 teams in the country.

A number of talking heads are agreeing with him.

However, regardless of whether that is true or not, imo Georgia should not be invited. Two losses, not even winning the conference, just having had a chance to beat Bama and blowing it, etc, -- putting them in over teams like ND or Oklahoma would shake the heavens with screams about bias towards the SEC. Please, let us not have that.

• Like 1

He stated in an interview after the game that Georgia is one of the top 4 teams in the country.

However, regardless of whether that is true or not, imo Georgia should not be invited. Two losses, not even winning the conference, just having had a chance to beat Bama and blowing it, etc, -- putting them in over teams like ND or Oklahoma would shake the heavens with screams about bias towards the SEC. Please, let us not have that.

Saban is right.

And let's not pretend that Notre Dame isn't at least 3/5s of an ACC team, a league that might lose an ACC/American Conference challenge, that doesn't deserve two, or 1.6 playoff teams.

Glad to see UCF coming back to win, especially after losing their QB.

Auburn was last year's Goliath, and UCF stoned them. Who does David get this time?
  • Like 1

Saban is right.

And let's not pretend that Notre Dame isn't at least 3/5s of an ACC team, a league that might lose an ACC/American Conference challenge, that doesn't deserve two, or 1.6 playoff teams.

Look on the bright side.

We will get to laugh at ND being stomped in the playoff.

• Like 1

Saban is right.

Look on the bright side.

We will get to laugh at ND being stomped in the playoff.

True dat