2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

Come on, Pitt! Let's beat Notre Dame in Indiana! :P

ND once again scraped by with an unimpressive win against a mediocre team.

They are going to end up in the play off, only to get crushed there. LOL ;)

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 2

Grats to Tennessee for finally getting a conference win for the first time since 2016. The Vols ended an 11 game SEC losing streak by beating Auburn.

Auburn will be plummeting way out of the rankings with this 3rd loss. They were ranked in the top 10 in the pre season polls.

Always fun to go back and look at the pre season polls as the season gets older, so many of the initial predictions turn out to be extremely wrong.

Yeah, sadly, I think the Penn State predictions are going to turn out to be too optimistic. They have to find a way to not fall apart in the fourth quarter. :(

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Grats to Tennessee for finally getting a conference win for the first time since 2016. The Vols ended an 11 game SEC losing streak by beating Auburn.

Auburn will be plummeting way out of the rankings with this 3rd loss. They were ranked in the top 10 in the pre season polls.

Always fun to go back and look at the pre season polls as the season gets older, so many of the initial predictions turn out to be extremely wrong.

Yeah, sadly, I think the Penn State predictions are going to turn out to be too optimistic. They have to find a way to not fall apart in the fourth quarter. :(

Feel free to join me in home team misery.

The South Carolina Gamecocks started the season with a lot of hope, but have had an extremely disappointing season so far. :(

Like it or not, hate it or not, say what you will about their schedule, I think it obvious that Alabama is THE team to beat this year. Bama doesn't just beat opponents, it whips them in just about every facet of the game.

Darth Saban has truly built a formidable Dynasty at Bama, and this team seems to be his best ever to me. He is likely to get another NC this year . . .

Yeah, throw Central Florida into the playoffs to shut up the CF fans. Let them play Bama. It would likely be a blowout by halftime in favor of Bama.

DS has perhaps created the greatest Dynasty ever in college football. Can anybody think of a past Dynasty to challenge that?

Like it or not, hate it or not, say what you will about their schedule, I think it obvious that Alabama is THE team to beat this year. Bama doesn't just beat opponents, it whips them in just about every facet of the game.

Darth Saban has truly built a formidable Dynasty at Bama, and this team seems to be his best ever to me. He is likely to get another NC this year . . .

Yeah, throw Central Florida into the playoffs to shut up the CF fans. Let them play Bama. It would likely be a blowout by halftime in favor of Bama.

DS has perhaps created the greatest Dynasty ever in college football. Can anybody think of a past Dynasty to challenge that?

He's the Man, no doubt.

Can't see anyone touching Bama, having all their classic big men on both sides plus a great passing QB. Previous teams were at least (relatively) low-scoring, giving hope.

My friend Mr. Chit (Ho Lee) makes another appearance as Purdue mauls Ohio State, 49-20. Brutal! Unbeatens now down to 5 ('Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, UCF, and USF. That'll be reduced by a least one on 11/23 when UCF and USF clash. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

My friend Mr. Chit (Ho Lee) makes another appearance as Purdue mauls Ohio State, 49-20. Brutal! Unbeatens now down to 5 ('Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, UCF, and USF. That'll be reduced by a least one on 11/23 when UCF and USF clash.

That Purdue beat down was a thing of beauty. They looked a lot more like the Suckeyes tonight.

• Like 2

Bama vs. an NCAA all-star game would be fun to watch. Everything else seems pretty obvious an outcome at this point.

Interesting idea considering we're probably looking at Bama vs whomever. I am still holding out hope for a college playoff of 1 loss teams.

Bama vs. an NCAA all-star game would be fun to watch. Everything else seems pretty obvious an outcome at this point.

Interesting idea considering we're probably looking at Bama vs whomever. I am still holding out hope for a college playoff of 1 loss teams.

Best chance for Bama to lose a game in the regular season coming up in two weeks, versus LSU.

Best chance for Bama to lose a game in the regular season coming up in two weeks, versus LSU.

After OSU and Purdue last night, MS State might surprise them and Auburn may too. They should be embarrassed to play the Citadel.

Tbh, I'm holding onto hope that FSU takes out Clemson Saturday.
  • Like 1

Tbh, I'm holding onto hope that FSU takes out Clemson Saturday.

Uh, not quite...

Anyway, should be interesting to see the reaction of the crowd at Maryland today.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

After OSU and Purdue last night, MS State might surprise them and Auburn may too. They should be embarrassed to play the Citadel.

Come on, it's not that bad of a song...

• Like 1

Is it poor sportsmanship to run up the score against Bobby Petrino?

Probably, but I'm pretty much OK with it...

• Like 1

Is it poor sportsmanship to run up the score against Bobby Petrino?

Probably, but I'm pretty much OK with it...

It's poor sportsmanship to run up the score against an honorable coach.....so today's blowout doesn't apply.

• Like 1

Even if he was an "honorable" coach, did Clemson run trick plays or throw way down the field after the game was well in hand? If they just ran their normal plays and Maryland couldn't stop them, it's not Clemson's fault. Should they just take 3 knees and punt each time?
  • Like 1

Even if he was an "honorable" coach, did Clemson run trick plays or throw way down the field after the game was well in hand? If they just ran their normal plays and Maryland couldn't stop them, it's not Clemson's fault. Should they just take 3 knees and punt each time?

Hell no, its "Get 'em skeered and keep the skeer on 'em." Such as Bama v LSU and Michigan v Penn State.

this will be the least interesting NCAA champ race finale in history. Bama is that good.

zzzz...

I agree.

They left LSU in their wake as so much roadkill.

I don't see anybody beating them at this point. They are just too good in every phase of the game.

Still -- there is always hope. Even the best teams can have a bad day. For Bama to lose, it is going to take a combination of them having a really bad day by their standards combined with some other team playing at the top of their performance potential.

• Like 1

this will be the least interesting NCAA champ race finale in history. Bama is that good.

zzzz...

I agree.

I don't see anybody beating them at this point. They are just too good in every phase of the game.

Still -- there is always hope. Even the best teams can have a bad day. For Bama to lose, it is going to take a combination of them having a really bad day by their standards combined with some other team playing at the top of their performance potential.

Yep.

zzzz...

I agree.

Clemson looks like they could be that team, even if Alabamie just has a mediocre day instead of a really bad day.

• Like 1

zzzz...

I agree.

Clemson looks like they could be that team, even if Alabamie just has a mediocre day instead of a really bad day.

Well, they barely beat Texas A&M and barely beat Syracuse. Since then, big wins over Wake Forest, NC State, Fl State and Louisville. Impressive scores indeed, but mediocre opponents. We'll have to see how things shake out.

Bama reminds me of the UNLV basketball team that ended up losing in the finals to Duke. Who was the better team was not in question, just who would win. Win or lose, Alabama is heads and shoulders above every other team talent-wise.
  • Like 2

Bama reminds me of the UNLV basketball team that ended up losing in the finals to Duke. Who was the better team was not in question, just who would win. Win or lose, Alabama is heads and shoulders above every other team talent-wise.

Slight correction: The UNLV-Duke game in 1991 was the semifinal game. UNLV beat Duke by 30 in the 1990 final.

• Like 1