Ghost release new single: Rats!

jamie

The album is awesome. They are somewhat like a cross between Kiss and Rainbow but in a good way.

Is this the first time you've listened to one of their albums?

Nope been in since the beginning. This one in particular has a poppy edge more so than any other album. Well I guess you might understand once you hear the full album.

The album is awesome. They are somewhat like a cross between Kiss and Rainbow but in a good way.

Nope been in since the beginning. This one in particular has a poppy edge more so than any other album. Well I guess you might understand once you hear the full album.

Which album do you think is the best of the four?

This one though I still hold a candle for the debut.

This one though I still hold a candle for the debut.

I still think the debut is the best at the moment.

• Like 2

I like the album but I don't think it matches the last album or the debut. It's a bit lacking in the metal department and the production isn't great either.

There's certainly some more mellow stuff than usual for them with this album. I think it fits just fine with the theme. Plus they are fun as hell to sing along with. Which is one of the bigger selling points with Ghost. You'll like it more after a few more listens.

Production wise it was made for the digital age. Out loud I thought the album sounded like shit. But with headphones and the small portable radio I play my iPod on it sounds just fine.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I like the album but I don't think it matches the last album or the debut. It's a bit lacking in the metal department and the production isn't great either.

There's certainly some more mellow stuff than usual for them with this album. I think it fits just fine with the theme. Plus they are fun as hell to sing along with. Which is one of the bigger selling points with Ghost. You'll like it more after a few more listens.

Production wise it was made for the digital age. Out loud I thought the album sounded like shit. But with headphones and the small portable radio I play my iPod on it sounds just fine.

I listen to all my music on an old school Technics separates stack, which looks like a Bob Bradshaw guitar rig! Those little headphones would get destroyed by my brainwaves!

• Like 1

I listened to Prequelle at least four times today, maybe five. Not sure.

Do you think it's better than FIREPOWER??

I know I do.

I know I do.

You're MAD though! You're bloody mad! Mad as a whole pack of hatters!

• Like 1

No.

Ghost met my high expectations with Prequelle. I had the same expectations for FIREPOWER but Priest blew those away. I knew it would be good but didn't think it would be anywhere near as great as it is.

• Like 2

No.

Ghost met my high expectations with Prequelle. I had the same expectations for FIREPOWER but Priest blew those away. I knew it would be good but didn't think it would be anywhere near as great as it is.

:haz: :haz: :haz: :yes: :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

I don't mind the production. The album itself is wonderful to listen to. Ear candy through and through. I don't care about it being metal and I like how short it is. Pretty great effort overall.

All that being said, if I'm to throw my own winner into the thread, Firepower still dominates.

• Like 3

I don't mind the production. The album itself is wonderful to listen to. Ear candy through and through. I don't care about it being metal and I like how short it is. Pretty great effort overall.

All that being said, if I'm to throw my own winner into the thread, Firepower still dominates.

I love that all their albums are in the 40 minute or so range. Very old school. Their albums just fly by and they pack so much goodness into that short time frame. Tobias is definitely a fan of the days where albums were all killer and no filler.

• Like 5

One thing I do like about this band is I can hear alot of 80s metal music. It's not nu metal, it's not black metal, it's old school metal! :guitar: :cool: Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1

One thing I do like about this band is I can hear alot of 80s metal music. It's not nu metal, it's not black metal, it's old school metal! :guitar: :cool:

Yep.

That's the big appeal for most fans. Clean, melodic vocals also help a lot since there are many old school metal fans who hate the incoherent growling and screaming style.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I need to buy everything. I love this band...

I can't believe I ever let religion dictate my taste in music. Ghost and Behemoth have enriched my music listening in recent weeks!

Your fuckingg hypocrisy on this Forum makes me sick.

All the years on here you ripped me for my love of GHOST and now you love this band??????

You are truly the biggest troll on this Forum and you get a free pass you little baby faced asshole.

Stick it where the sun don't shine.

I am so fuckking done with you.

You make me sick to my stomach. You are part of the reason I don't waste my time on here anymore. You won bitch.

Hope you feel great about your arrogant, insecure and complete psychotic self.

73 has been nothing but wonderful to me on here over the years. But man, speaking about a brit punk ass like you and and the X rated crap you spew on here about your own personal sex life is repulsive.

Yet you rip on me for going through a brutal divorce.

Thanks for the support asshole.

You are useless just like the music you really love.

I Nightwish you away forever.

Why don't you fuck off and leave Segue alone?

I don't give a shit if I'm 3 months late, doesn't change the fact that was a very shitty thing to say to someone who hasn't done anything to you.

Edited by fraroc

I need to buy everything. I love this band...

I can't believe I ever let religion dictate my taste in music. Ghost and Behemoth have enriched my music listening in recent weeks!

Your fuckingg hypocrisy on this Forum makes me sick.

All the years on here you ripped me for my love of GHOST and now you love this band??????

You are truly the biggest troll on this Forum and you get a free pass you little baby faced asshole.

Stick it where the sun don't shine.

I am so fuckking done with you.

You make me sick to my stomach. You are part of the reason I don't waste my time on here anymore. You won bitch.

Hope you feel great about your arrogant, insecure and complete psychotic self.

73 has been nothing but wonderful to me on here over the years. But man, speaking about a brit punk ass like you and and the X rated crap you spew on here about your own personal sex life is repulsive.

Yet you rip on me for going through a brutal divorce.

Thanks for the support asshole.

You are useless just like the music you really love.

I Nightwish you away forever.

Why don't you fuck off and leave Segue alone?

I don't give a shit if I'm 3 months late, doesn't change the fact that was a very shitty thing to say to someone who hasn't done anything to you.

Pointless to bring this up now. Segue and Earl have made peace with each other.

SO played Prequelle today again.

Just as I thought it was losing its appeal BAM I just went and loved it even more!

I really love the instrumentals. I keep on replaying Miasma.

• Like 1

I will say though that I am a bit burned out on Rats.

See The Light is emerging as my favourite Ghost song. The way it works with Miasma...gorgeous!

It's also the most ABBA type song they have done.

• Like 1

It's confirmed. See The Light/Miasma is so far my favourite moment of the year musically! I can't hear these two separately. It's like one long song as far as I am concerned!
  • Like 3