Bon Jovi Does Suck But Man "7800 FAHRENHEIT" Still Gets Me HOT! "IN AND OUT OF LOVE!"

RUSHHEAD666

I will confess that I do like the first four Bon Jovi albums. But after that? FORGET IT! YUCK!

Guess it was just the sign of the time for me!

I loved the first BON JOVI album when it hit the streets!

I always thought Sambora was a great guitar player!!!!

Of course Jon wrote him out of the script over the years after the ROCK stopped!

I think "7800 Fahrenheit" is an underrated classic. Masterpiece? NO

I loved "Slippery When Wet" came out next.

As a young drummer I was obviously addicted to playing to Neil Peart. Here I was playing to "Power Windows" on an all organic kit in my parents house.

Yet I would love to play to "You Give Love A Bad Name" too.

It is what it is.

It's all about the music you loved when you were young.

I remember taking a limo to Mountain View with my best buddy and some friends and our girlfriends to see Bon Jovi and Cinderella. "Slippery When Wet" Tour.

I remember the bass player's amp blew out during the show. Had to listen to Cinderella for four songs with no bass! UGH!

I remember watching Jon Bon Jovi fly on a metal wire across the audience! It was crazy!!

So fun!

You Rush Snobs and Rushhead Haters may be disgusted by hair metal and hard melodic rock but for me it was FUN!!!!

Sex, partying and rock and roll!!

What is so bad about that time?????

NOTHING!

Enjoy your Steven Wilson pop prog concerts.

I would rather watch paint dry during a winter storm.

Of right on cue!

"Savage Amusement" by the SCORPIONS just kicked in on my stereo! Another polished commercial rock gem!

Keep it up kids!

MAY THE PORG BE WITH YOU!

• Like 3

Everything up til These Days I adore. After that, gets patchy.

7800 Fahrenheit is a sorely overlooked classic in my book. I prefer the first two albums to Slippery by a wide margin!

• Like 1

Also I agree, enjoy the music of your youth!

But 80's metal was not my thing outside thrash until very recently and I feel like it has become a part of my musical DNA.

Checked out Accept.

WOW!

• Like 1

Tell no one I was here because if you do I’ll deny it. I enjoy some early tracks of The Assistant Night Manger, especially on 7800.

The Boss’ lyrics are considered deep and meaningful.

“There were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away/ They haunt this dusty beach road/ In the skeleton frames of burned-out Chevrolets”

“So you been broken and you been hurt?/ Show me somebody who ain’t/ Yeah, I know I ain’t nobody’s bargain/ But hell, a little touch-up and a little paint…”

“God have mercy on the man/ Who doubts what he’s sure of”

The Assistant Night Manager’s lyrics? Not so much.

“I want to lay you down on a bed of roses/ For tonight I sleep on a bed of nails/ I want to be just as close as The Holy Ghost is”

“I'm burning for love/ Filled with desire, I can't stand the heat/ And my heart's on fire, I can't get enough/ It's down to the wire”

“Hey Romeo, watcha doin' with my girl/ Who are you using now/ well I turn and walk away (Turn and walk away)”

Still when I’m alone in the car or lathering up in the shower I’ll sing...SING BABY SING, to these two songs.

YOU KNOW I’M MAN ON THE EDGE OF A BROKEN HEART!

• Like 1

I always thought Sambora was a great guitar player!!!!

He was so handsome when he was younger. It didn't last long though. Not sure what caused him to lose those looks so soon.

One thing I noticed about Bon Jovi from watching a few documentaries - his band-mates are exceedingly loyal to him - whatever Jon wants, they do.

Edited by Lorraine

Everything up til These Days I adore. After that, gets patchy.

7800 Fahrenheit is a sorely overlooked classic in my book. I prefer the first two albums to Slippery by a wide margin!

Also I agree, enjoy the music of your youth!

But 80's metal was not my thing outside thrash until very recently and I feel like it has become a part of my musical DNA.

Checked out Accept.

WOW!

Yes! I LOVE the music of my youth! Accept is another one! I was into the "Breaker" album when it came out! I was only a freshman in high school! I fell in love instantly!!! Do you like some Accept????

Hey Earl,

Bon Jovi is filed in the heavy metal section of record shops out here. Rush is not. How do you feel about that?

Treeduck already hired me to "correct" the managers of these establishments. I'm working on it.

Signed,

MercenaryBlaze

Hahaha! WOW! That blows my mind!!! I mean I would label the early Bon Jovi works to be "hair metal." But man they turned to pop fast and then into country!!

RUSH IS METAL! Although I remember reading in KERRANG! back in the 80's that Neil said and I quote..... "I never though of Rush as a heavy metal band."

Tell no one I was here because if you do I’ll deny it. I enjoy some early tracks of The Assistant Night Manger, especially on 7800.

The Boss’ lyrics are considered deep and meaningful.

“There were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away/ They haunt this dusty beach road/ In the skeleton frames of burned-out Chevrolets”

“So you been broken and you been hurt?/ Show me somebody who ain’t/ Yeah, I know I ain’t nobody’s bargain/ But hell, a little touch-up and a little paint…”

“God have mercy on the man/ Who doubts what he’s sure of”

The Assistant Night Manager’s lyrics? Not so much.

“I want to lay you down on a bed of roses/ For tonight I sleep on a bed of nails/ I want to be just as close as The Holy Ghost is”

“I'm burning for love/ Filled with desire, I can't stand the heat/ And my heart's on fire, I can't get enough/ It's down to the wire”

“Hey Romeo, watcha doin' with my girl/ Who are you using now/ well I turn and walk away (Turn and walk away)”

Still when I’m alone in the car or lathering up in the shower I’ll sing...SING BABY SING, to these two songs.

http://youtu.be/8HjC6T2HDI4

http://youtu.be/15DmUWq1mnE

YOU KNOW I’M MAN ON THE EDGE OF A BROKEN HEART!

Excellent post!

8ceb54e8fe3f842070522e4599deee6f.jpg

Good looking guy, great underrated guitar player. I have all of his solo albums! What the HELL would Jon fire him? Musical differences???? Such a shame.

The only reason why I would still buy the new Bon Jovi albums was because I was always hoping that they would rock again and give Sambora more solo time.

NOPE! It got worse!

"Have A Nice Day" Jon! YOU SUCK!

• Like 1

8ceb54e8fe3f842070522e4599deee6f.jpg

Such a handsome woman.

Hahaha! "Dude Looks Like A Lady!" That song was written about Tommy Lee!

If Diamond Dave can play again with the brothers Van Halen, if Axl Rose can play with Slash, then surely Richie and Jon can make amends.

• Like 1