Your Favorite Tom Petty Song

Sometimes you don't realize how amazing an artist is until they pass. Sometimes you know all too well and are just devastated...

And sometimes you think you know and then you go back over those timeless songs and albums only to find them better than you ever remembered.

• Like 3

Sometimes you don't realize how amazing an artist is until they pass. Sometimes you know all too well and are just devastated...

And sometimes you think you know and then you go back over those timeless songs and albums only to find them better than you ever remembered.

Well, I hate to say this, but the same thing happens with people in your life. There's a lot of truth to the saying that you never realize what you had until you no longer have it.

We take everything for granted. We shouldn't. Nothing lasts forever in this world. Nothing and no one.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Well, I hate to say this, but the same thing happens with people in your life. There's a lot of truth to the saying that you never realize what you had until you no longer have it.

We take everything for granted. We shouldn't. Nothing lasts forever in this world. Nothing and no one.

Amen
  • Like 1

I've liked Roger McGuinn's song 'The Trees Are All Gone' (from his 1991 album 'Back From Rio'), which features background vocals from Tom Petty.

Even though Roger and his spouse wrote the song, it sounds like something Tom would write with The Heartbreakers.

As well, the song 'Crime Against Love' by Barney Bentall & The Legendary Hearts also sounds like something Tom would write.

Along with David Bowie, Tom Petty, is another one, who I liked, and listened to his music. I don't have a favorite song. I'm sure, he's being missed of not in the news including going into the studio to record, and make new music.
  • Like 2

This is very close to, if not the top of the list for me...

Had to find some higher ground

Had some fear to get around

You can't say what you don't know

Later on won't work no more

Last time through I hid my tracks

So well I could not get back

Yeah my way was hard to find

Can't sell your soul for piece of mind

Square one, my slate is clear

Rest your head on me, my dear

It took a world of trouble, took a world of tears

Took a long time... to get back here