Hurricane Irma GO AWAY!!

Crimsonmistymemory

Picture, long lines at the grocery store, pharmacy and gas stations. Picture looking around your home of many years deciding what will go what will stay. Picture the fires of fear being fanned continuously by ALL the media local and afar. Picture two grown women almost going to fist to cuffs over a six pack of flavored mineral water because the shelves are bare of drinking water and people that have been waiting hours 3 isles deep just got word the truck with water will not be arriving as anticipated. Picture the pre apocalyptic mentality engulfing your once calm neighborhood. Picture feeling the electricity of uncertainty in the air as some rejoyce the end is near. This is all happening around my home with a major major storm 4 days out and approaching. Anything still a calculated probability of projection. Death could go this way, that way or come right at you. Soon the pictures of ultimate destruction will be splashed around the world. Those who are still in wait will watch and wonder of what to do. Go AWAY IRMA! Just pack your 185mph sustained winds and move along. There is one best scenario, a mainland troth that if sinks far south enough, soon enough will act like a conveyor and lift Irma Bermuda bound only to bother the shipping lanes. This would be the best and is what I am praying for please join me if you're the praying type :angel: . Still though it's just a projection of luck. The storm could still do what it wants. That is how hurricanes are! They do not care. Go Away Irma GO AWAY! Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 5

Nearly all of my immediate family are in Jax with several old friends in the Tampa/Orlando vicinity.

Stay safe Crim, Ancient Ways, pjbear, and all you other Floridians out there.

My prayers will be with your family as well Mr. Blaze :angel:

• Like 2

Picture, long lines at the grocery store, pharmacy and gas stations. Picture looking around your home of many years deciding what will go what will stay. Picture the fires of fear being fanned continuously by ALL the media local and afar. Picture two grown women almost going to fist to cuffs over a six pack of flavored mineral water because the shelves are bare of drinking water and people that have been waiting hours 3 isles deep just got word the truck with water will not be arriving as anticipated. Picture the pre apocalyptic mentality engulfing your once calm neighborhood. Picture feeling the electricity of uncertainty in the air as some rejoyce the end is near. This is all happening around my home with a major major storm 4 days out and approaching. Anything still a calculated probability of projection. Death could go this way, that way or come right at you. Soon the pictures of ultimate destruction will be splashed around the world. Those who are still in wait will watch and wonder of what to do. Go AWAY IRMA! Just pack your 185mph sustained winds and move along. There is one best scenario, a mainland troth that if sinks far south enough, soon enough will act like a conveyor and lift Irma Bermuda bound only to bother the shipping lanes. This would be the best and is what I am praying for please join me if you're the praying type :angel: . Still though it's just a projection of luck. The storm could still do what it wants. That is how hurrucanes are! They do not care. Go Away Irma GO AWAY.

Wow, as JB said, hoping for the best for you; Johnny Blaze's family, pj bear and Ancient Ways. My sister lives in Tampa as well- her husband is ill and wouldn't evacuate easily. Fortunately half of our Pennsylvania high school seems to have relocated down there and can help. I hope it doesn't come to that. I'm with you- GO AWAY IRMA !!

• Like 3

If it's any consolation, you aren't alone in this situation; I'm located on the southeast coast.

I'm unable to find any drinking water; it disappears as soon as a shipment is received.

Oh I know this is a State wide situation. Thank you for your consol ;) The thing that bothers me the most is that the media hypes things like this up into a frenzy. Then nothing happens so the next time people let their gaurd down with the mind set "Ahhh nothing happened before" then boom something happens. The twist in the shortage of items this time is due to what happened in Texas. All the southeast states were shipping supplies out of state to aid those affected by Hurricane Harvey. It is always a unique situation, those of us who have been through this before know when it is really time to react. Those that don't panic with still 5 days to wait and see. I guess that is the best aspect of dealing with Hurricanes, at least they give warning and time to prepare or leave...

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

In any event, hopefully Irma will make that swift turn to the right and away from Florida.

Anything is possible.

I'm hoping it levels Mar-a-Lago and leaves the rest of the state alone.
  • Like 1

I understand that the gas lines are crazy (that's when you can find a station that still has gas) and that there's no water to be found from the south up through West Palm Beach.

uhhh is tap water still working? it's not like all water starts out in a bottle.

I understand that the gas lines are crazy (that's when you can find a station that still has gas) and that there's no water to be found from the south up through West Palm Beach.

uhhh is tap water still working? it's not like all water starts out in a bottle.

Don't tell me. Tell the Floridians. Just reporting what they said.

The reasoning with having potable water is incase the city water dept loses power or is inundated and there is no tap water. True what you say that one could bottle tap water and reserve. :finbar: Florida tap water althoufh deemed safe to consume is nasty tasting unless filtered by a quality filter. I usually try to have 3 days bottled water for consuption. Then I fill my bath tub for washing and flushing toilets n such...

• Like 2

The reasoning with having potable water is incase the city water dept loses power or is inundated and there is no tap water. True what you say that one could bottle tap water and reserve. :finbar: Florida tap water althoufh deemed safe to consume is nasty tasting unless filtered by a quality filter. I usually try to have 3 days bottled water for consuption. Then I fill my bath tub for washing and flushing toilets n such...

Our water is nasty tasting too. Lately it's like drinking a glass of chemicals. Can't help but wonder what they're putting in it to do us in.

Someday as a bucket list item, I'd like to ride in one of those weather planes that fly through hurricanes. That would be badazz.

But maybe when I'm well along on the bucket list...

• Like 1

Someday as a bucket list item, I'd like to ride in one of those weather planes that fly through hurricanes. That would be badazz.

But maybe when I'm well along on the bucket list...

That would be a crazy ride for sure but a lot safer than a friend of mine's bucket list item of being the 1st person to surf a water spout. Yep he wants to paddle out to a close by water spout with parachute attached to person, ride spout up and float down. Pretty awesome vision if you ask me but I have heard these water spouts are loaded with Sharks :LOL:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Appreciate the well wishes. There is a bit of a bigger reaction than usual due to people not understanding why Harvey was unusual. TypicL hurricane is in and out quickly and major damage is caused by storm surge and wind not rain. It's also usually heavily localized to area around eye for wind damage.
  • Like 1