Gizmodrome-Stewart Copeland Supergroup

Nice to see Stewarts still pulling projects together. Still sounds fresh on those TAMAS. Kewl !! Stewie on Vocals & Drums

http://www.stereogum...oming/premiere/

Gizmodrome is a new supergroup poised to release their debut self-titled LP next month. Comprising the Police’s Stewart Copeland, Level 42’s Mark King, King Crimson’s , David Bowie's Adrian Belew, and frequent PFM performer Vittorio Cosma, the band has announced the album’s second single, “Summer’s Coming,” which follows lead track “Amaka Pippa.”

Edited by YYZ Working Man

I´m not that fond of the samples I´ve heard, but the sheer thought of seeing Copeland in a more intimate setting would make me buy tickets to see them.

Haven't even listened to the samples. No need in my case.

• Like 1

I like "summers coming "because its quarky-copeland- he sings !! and sounds fresh as hell on those tamas missing the 1 beat and playing on 3 like only Copeland does Heres a guy who had the world on his shoulders in the late 70s and all of the 80s with 2 of the most outstanding musicians of the times. They were the #1 band in the world of the 80s for pop-classic rock with a style all of their own .The egos got the best of them - but all 3 went on in their own rights to acomplish great material and teachings. Copeland has a huge library of work from vidoeo-game backing tracks to movie soundtracks to composing operas to forming supergroups with the likes of osterhead(primus) to Gizmodrome . they came back in 07 08 to re-unite ( seen both shows in Toronto)-amazing .

All 3 best in class of their instruments . A magic trio just like Rush that will likely never be duplicated on those scales again . I'm happy / honered to be listening to this material by SC . 65-70 years old with nothing to gain -just making music . I study the drum parts of SC to become a better musician . I respect hearing his approach specifaly percussion on his material. there was only 1 The POLICE - Its a paradigm of the cosmos . A roller coater in jeans

Edited by YYZ Working Man
  • Like 1

I like "summers coming "because its quarky-copeland- he sings !! and sounds fresh as hell on those tamas missing the 1 beat and playing on 3 like only Copeland does Heres a guy who had the world on his shoulders in the late 70s and all of the 80s with 2 of the most outstanding musicians of the times. They were the #1 band in the world of the 80s for pop-classic rock with a style all of their own .The egos got the best of them - but all 3 went on in their own rights to acomplish great material and teachings. Copeland has a huge library of work from vidoeo-game backing tracks to movie soundtracks to composing operas to forming supergroups with the likes of osterhead(primus) to Gizmodrome . they came back in 07 08 to re-unite ( seen both shows in Toronto)-amazing .

All 3 best in class of their instruments . A magic trio just like Rush that will likely never be duplicated on those scales again . I'm happy / honered to be listening to this material by SC . 65-70 years old with nothing to gain -just making music . I study the drum parts of SC to become a better musician . I respect hearing his approach specifaly percussion on his material. there was only 1 The POLICE - Its a paradigm of the cosmos . A roller coater in jeans

Love Oysterhead. Never followed that up did they?

They still get together -but the band disbursed after a point . Claypool and copeland still have interests

• Like 1

They still get together -but the band disbursed after a point . Claypool and copeland still have interests

Ever tour that album? I tried to find out if they were going to but I may have missed them.

There are multiple videos of what Copeland gets up to in "The Sacred Grove" which is what he calls his performing and recording space. The music would be more interesting if he didn't insist on adding brass (esp trombones, etc.) to whatever someone is playing. He did a percussion centred one with a strangely familiar drummer participating. Tall, dark haired guy who seemed familiar with a drum kit.
  • Like 1

I saw Oysterhead at The Greek in Berkeley. It was a most amazing show! Even Les stopped the show and starting telling everyone how incredible it was to play bass with Stewie. It was off the charts.

Not a big fan of the Dead Head populous who showed up for Trey from Phish, but alas it was still an EPIC SHOW!

I am seeing The Who next week then two Primus shows to follow. Glad some of you label me a "Bliue Collar Tweeker." I am anything but that label.

To each their own!

Copeland has a lot of side projects. I for one love both Animal Logic releases.

However, my all time favorite Copeland solo cd is KLERK KANT! An amazing cd. Very fuckking rare. Japanese pressing only.

STEW RULES!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

There are multiple videos of what Copeland gets up to in "The Sacred Grove" which is what he calls his performing and recording space. The music would be more interesting if he didn't insist on adding brass (esp trombones, etc.) to whatever someone is playing. He did a percussion centred one with a strangely familiar drummer participating. Tall, dark haired guy who seemed familiar with a drum kit.

It would be more interesting to me if those were properly released.

Edited by ytserush

Listening to both the album and the instrumental album and it's pretty much what I expected. Immersing myself for the last few hours and I effing love it. 46.33 of bliss. Right up my alley.

Have to burn a copy for the car.

Not missing this if there is a tour.